Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It hurts fashion choices so much lol.(And of course there is the age old problem of player's armor not looking as good as the bosses because body proportion and stuff.)
    Yeah the armor designed for the unique physique of certain characters doesn't work so well on the players more stocky and shorter bodies.

There are also those armor sets which look fitting on the player characters but have too much "history" in their design that ties them too much to specific NPCs and their stories, which makes me wish they could have added more "generic" versions of those aswell.

For example i really like the Fingerprint armor set because it resembles the knight armor from Dark Souls 3 (the one from Elden Ring isn't to my liking) and has good stats while looking stylishly slim. However because it's specifically Vyke's armor it has these three giant melting points from the Three Fingers on them, ruining the entire design.

So it could have been nice if there was a generic set of the knights of Vyke's homeland or something that looks like a pristine version of it.
    Though all subjective of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I started all over again to do a twinblade build. Please send help.
    Single twinblade or the power stanced jump attack twinblades?

I had some fun trying out the later on my str/faith build using the two variants of the Gargoyle's twinblades.

Also how many characters would that be now for you?
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-29-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Single twinblade or the power stanced jump attack twinblades?

I had some fun trying out the later on my str/faith build using the two variants of the Gargoyle's twinblades.

Also how many characters would that be now for you?
    I only just made it to Leyndell so not decided yet. I have a basic twinblade but just got the godskin (obviously) at the windmill village, unleveled. My plan is no magic, no bows, no summons, so I can’t just Blasphemous Blade away entire bosses.

Mighty Member

I started all over again to do a twinblade build. Please send help.
    My second playthrough I tried to do fully weaponless. Just my Fingerprint Shield and a slow grind. But I ended up being forced to equip a spear just so things didn't take days to die. Kind of sad, but still fun.

Also, straight up tanking Malenia's stupid Waterfowl Dance is about the most satisfying thing under the sun. I AM the immovable object, B!^#@.

Astonishing Member

I only just made it to Leyndell so not decided yet. I have a basic twinblade but just got the godskin (obviously) at the windmill village, unleveled. My plan is no magic, no bows, no summons, so I can’t just Blasphemous Blade away entire bosses.
    Godskin Peeler is generaly recommend as one of the best twinblades from what i noticed. Though while my personal experience wasn't that great it's still a good choice to focus on if you are building for dex.

Unless your self imposed challenge also includes avoiding the overly popular bleed weapons, you could also consider going for Eleonora's Poleblade. Especialy since it can be upgraded to +9 with somber smithing stones before even entering the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    My second playthrough I tried to do fully weaponless. Just my Fingerprint Shield and a slow grind. But I ended up being forced to equip a spear just so things didn't take days to die. Kind of sad, but still fun.

Also, straight up tanking Malenia's stupid Waterfowl Dance is about the most satisfying thing under the sun. I AM the immovable object, B!^#@.
    I'm pretty sure most would consider a shield to count as weapon.

Extraordinary Member

These guys were super tough. But using this strategy makes it look easy. Also there was an update this morning.

Extraordinary Member

Wondering if anybody else found this guy.

Extraordinary Member

Took a hot minute to wear him down but here's the end cycle.

Extraordinary Member

Monster fight!

Extraordinary Member

Time to trim those winter weeds.

Extraordinary Member

Eff a fair one. I get mine the fast way/ski mask way..

Extraordinary Member

2s company 3s a crowd.

Extraordinary Member

So this big bird doesn't have enough advantages? He needs a big rocket launcher to back him up. Uh Uh! Guess I should have moved my guy out the way tho lol.

Extraordinary Member

Short version just throw rocks. He won't aggro as much.

Finally solo’d those Godskin Duo pricks. That is all.

Astonishing Member

Finally solo’d those Godskin Duo pricks. That is all.
    And now you can cheese them on any following playthrough without having to suffer accusation of not being able to play the game as the devs intended. Kidding of course.

In my opinion any trick the game still allows to have a better time against the Godskins is fair game considering what a load of bull droppings the Noble in particular is.

Also looking forward to how Carbot will do the Godskins.