Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I don't agree with you about the navigation, progression or combat. I can see the argument for imbalance, but I'm not sure it negatively affects the play experience. Though I don't pvp. The pve enemies can deal insane damage, but you can turn yourself into a truly OP beast in half a dozen different ways, and things like the ash summons and NPC cooperators let you turn almost any boss fight into a gank squad where you almost can't lose. The controls are what they are. Outside of some dropped inputs, which while unfortunate didn't fundamentally damn me any more than my other mistakes did, I find them to be largely deliberate and effective.

Honestly? It's easily one of the best games FromSoft has ever produced. Far from perfect? Sure. Maybe not as technically mind blowing as Bloodborne or Sekiro, but the sheer scope of what was attempted here is worthy of praise, and the execution is surprisingly effective. The lore is excellent, the challenge is there if you are looking for it. And, quite frankly, the view from the East Capital Rampart site of grace when you first reach Leyndell may be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen in a game. Not just for the sheer, overwhelming visual of the golden capital, but because YOU CAN GO TO EVERYTHING YOU CAN SEE.

I'm 65 hours in, working my way up the Mountaintop of the Giants just this afternoon. The difficulty spike coming out of Leyndell is no joke. I went from feeling OP and just a bit over-leveled in the Capitol to hitting like a wet noodle and having to up my dodge game all over again. But I have loved almost every minute of it. I'm easily going to hit 100 hours in this thing, and that's without NG+.

As an aside, no FromSoft enemy has ever given me actual nightmares before, no matter how twisted. But Finger Spiders? Yeah, I'm losing sleep. And now on the Mountaintop there are Giant Finger Spiders. Bloody thing flicked me half a mile over a cliff and I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.

The Opaline Bubble Tear in your Wondrous Physick is your friend.
    You beat all the Leyndell bosses already? Damn...I just got there I was effing ppl up till I got to the street. Finding some good loot and one of those pillow dudes dropped a nice horn.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Elden Ring really AND I MEAN REALLY needs to re-balanced.

The late game enemies hit far too hard and far too fast (and that's with vigor powered up all the way to 60!). Seriously, bosses basically cheese you with infinite stamina, infinite poise and AOE attacks that melt your health away.

And the rune drop system needs to re-worked from the ground up. Case in point, that Crucible Knight f..ker hits so hard in the early game and he drops only 2100 runes but at Caelid those big birds drop 1781 runes! Those birds hit hard but they are nowhere near as tough as the Crucible Knight.

It's an amazing game but it has some flaws which FromSoft have been addressing lately but there's still a bit more to do.
    Do agree. The one shot thing is really corny at times especially after you've pounded the enemy to almost zero health. On the runes:It's costing me 46,000 plus to level up at this point. Kinda ridiculous.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    You beat all the Leyndell bosses already? Damn...I just got there I was effing ppl up till I got to the street. Finding some good loot and one of those pillow dudes dropped a nice horn.
    Leyndell is such an amazing level. If you can see it, you can go to it. Just watch out for the sewers. Maze-like and felt a little higher level to me. I've held off on them until later.

Watch out, between the two bosses is a nasty mini boss. It's kind of a brutal trifecta.

On the runes:It's costing me 46,000 plus to level up at this point. Kinda ridiculous.
    Not really. By level 100 it's nearly 70,000. But bosses are dropping 90-100k.

Hell, kill the Erdtree Avatar on the street in Leyndell and it drops a rune worth like 30k.

And if you can access Deeproot Depths, the ant cave there is good for 5 Numens Runes worth like 20k apiece. Regular enemies don't give a ton, but just clearing areas should get you a level or two.

I think I scored 3 levels from Leyndell, plus another from each of the two bosses, and that's in the 90s.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I am not at the Academy and fighting the stupid fire wolf thing, it's a pain in the ass to get to him and there isn't a grace point in between all the enemies and it.

Gotta get gud

I’ve hit a wall. The same wall I hit with a lot of open world games. Got my gear maxed out, and my build is pretty much soft capped. I’m in the last area but things are starting to get really repetitive. Bosses aren’t really even that difficult anymore. Haven’t been for a while now. I’m not even cheesing them, I pretty much just main beast sling to shotgun them all. Good game, but maybe a bit too big. Think I’m gonna take a break, finish Wonderlands, then maybe go back.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-27-2022 at 06:23 AM.

I am stuck at the big witch lady in the academy, so I started wandering to find some smithing stones and I found a crazy mine way in the north and then I fought a magma dragon then I ended up on a new plateau and then I ended up on a friggin' mountain!

man, this game is amazing.

Godlike13, man I wanna become a tank! I just reached level 58 still getting 1-2 shotted by bosses.

Also Wonderlands looks so fun I love the Borderlands games I may pick it up when it goes on sale.

Finally beat the Magma Dragon and got me the Moonviel, time to go wreck Hogswart lady

Start with Vigor to 40 and 25 in endurance to wear decent mid range armor. Then grab the ritual shield talisman. It boosts all your defense at full health. Helps to prevent one shots.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Finally beat the Magma Dragon and got me the Moonviel, time to go wreck Hogswart lady
    !st phase you gotta hit the chicks throwing books at you. Then strike when she hits the ground. 2nd phase Lonewolf ashes work good on her. Then run up and spam R1.

Ultimate Member

Renalla isn't that bad. She deals serious damage when she throws that Kamehameha wave. That could take about 75% of your health.

But she can't take too much damage and she gets stun locked if you have enough "oomph" in your attacks.

I had a +10 Bloodhound's Fang by the time I got to Renalla, it was hilarious

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I had a +10 Bloodhound's Fang by the time I got to Renalla, it was hilarious
    Yeah, I had a +2 Bloodhound Fang and I wrecked her (I'm using a heavy strength and dex build).

!st phase you gotta hit the chicks throwing books at you. Then strike when she hits the ground. 2nd phase Lonewolf ashes work good on her. Then run up and spam R1.
    Yeah I can get to the 2nd phase easily, didn't use the wolves I'll try that next.

I can't dodge her magic bolts, I always get hit and get wrecked

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Start with Vigor to 40 and 25 in endurance to wear decent mid range armor. Then grab the ritual shield talisman. It boosts all your defense at full health. Helps to prevent one shots.
    okay i gotta find this

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yeah I can get to the 2nd phase easily, didn't use the wolves I'll try that next.

I can't dodge her magic bolts, I always get hit and get wrecked
    Yeah the dogs should distract her from shooting at you. Just call them in at the end of phase 1 when she's on TBE ground. And they'll spawn in pt2 with you.