Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It will all shake out in the wash.
    Attachment 137902

As of 2/21/24
    Attachment 137903
    Still pretty low all things considered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Someday, someone will again make a comic book superhero movie where the hero's parents are live and well and happy, and who had a happy family life. A hero who is well adjusted and just really likes helping people.

I will not be holding my breath however.
    Aquaman and Aquaman 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well I saw it today on my birthday, as my gift to myself. There were ten of us in the theatre, so I figure we collectively donated about $140 to the cause. Was it a worthy birthday present?

Sure, the movie was fine. Plot was flimsy in places but overall very comic-booky. The chemistry between the four main women was a bit awkward at times but if you paid attention it did all make sense and they covered the whys and wherefores in an ok manner. Plus Ezekiel was very cool to see and the destination of the movie, setting up the three spider-girls, was worth the journey in my opinion. But yah, is there even going to be any follow up since the movie did so poorly? Good question.

And the parents again, Sony? What is with Sony's obsession with Peter Parker's biological parents? Whenever they get full control of one of these movies lately, they insert the parents. Get a clue, you are never going to do better than Stan Lee did and even his attempt was horrible and may have almost totally killed the franchise. Just stop already, no one wants to know about Mary and Richard Parker, let alone hear implications that they are spies or robots or clones or anything else.
    Happy (belated) Birthday, Scott. I pretty much agree with you. I liked the movie, while recognizing its flaws. I suspect this is the last we see of Madame Web. Too bad. Marvel has made worse movies (though I don't think we'll be seeing much of the Eternals either).
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Aquaman and Aquaman 2?
    Huh I hadn't considered that, but you're right. I liked Aquaman 2 a lot and felt it was a nice coda to Snyder's DCEU, but that just makes it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Happy (belated) Birthday, Scott. I pretty much agree with you. I liked the movie, while recognizing its flaws. I suspect this is the last we see of Madame Web. Too bad. Marvel has made worse movies (though I don't think we'll be seeing much of the Eternals either).
    Thanks Sandy!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

It's at 77 million might make it to 100 million.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They should re-release it with that line from the trailer everyone loves to goof on. Literally make it a parody of itself and insert that line a dozen places in the movie so the audience can all yell it at the screen in their worst deadpan line reading. Maybe even use the original audio from Ezekial that they clearly edited out - whatever the hell that was.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Maybe even use the original audio from Ezekial that they clearly edited out - whatever the hell that was.
    I like to think they re-wrote his entire character and every single line of dialogue into something completely different. Sony taking their weird post-production meddling to whole new levels!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I imagine that Madame Web cost less to make than the usual comic book movie. A lot less noise.

Sandy
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I imagine that Madame Web cost less to make than the usual comic book movie. A lot less noise.

Sandy
    I've heard $80 million and $120 million. I have no idea which is accurate. Though both might be if the $80 million figure was for the original shoot, and the other for total after reshoots---if any, I don't know on that point.

This was such strange choice. I know Sony ony has rights to .lesser known Spider-Man characters, but I don't know even how many comic fans know anything about Web. I get Venom and Kraven, they are bigger characters with a longer history. I can't even remember reading a Spidey book with her. I hope they didn't expect fan buzz.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This was such strange choice. I know Sony ony has rights to .lesser known Spider-Man characters, but I don't know even how many comic fans know anything about Web. I get Venom and Kraven, they are bigger characters with a longer history. I can't even remember reading a Spidey book with her. I hope they didn't expect fan buzz.
    Don't they have rights to pretty much all spiderman characters?

Ultimate Member

That's my understanding.

Maybe they're afraid to branch out too far from anything Spider-related.

If Kraven is successful, I'm looking forward to Kraven 2: Enter the Puma!

Since Venom has actually been successful, they should throw a bunch of money at Hardy and make him the lynchpin to their Spider-Manless Spiderverse instead of dancing around a giant Peter Parker shaped hole in their movies.

Yes but Jessica Drew is shady territory since she's not technically a Spider-Man adjacent character (at least she shouldn't be, despite her appearances in recent years) . That's why Jessica Drew in Across the Spiderverse was a completely different character, and also why she didn't appear in this.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them