Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Is it a pretty train wreck though?
    That's all I really want to know at this point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Well, its an interesting concept. But the trailers make it seem like a final girl/horror film story. Totally the wrong message to send if you are wanting to have the female characters be the heroes. Plus I do wish she was blind. All this talk about representation and you have to make an actual blind character differently abled?

But hey I saw Morbius. I'm sure I will see this one too. Torture is fun, hey!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-13-2024 at 10:34 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trapgodthanos View Post
    And we still got kraven coming out later this year...
    Kraven looks sexy and stupid. I might see that one.

Astonishing Member

A reviewer I trust said it's better than Morbius and a mix of Dead Zone and Terminator. I don't care about the comic characters in this but I suspect it will be right up my alley.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, its an interesting concept. But the trailers make it seem like a final girl/horror film story. Totally the wrong message to send if you are wanting to have the female characters be the heroes. Plus I do wish she was blind. All this talk about representation and you have to make an actual blind character differently abled?
    Well, they do have a main Marvel hero who is blind, but they don't have an older female character -- even though Agatha Harkness has always been an aged character until Disney + . I know they weren't going to build this around a senior citizen, but I prefer the original version of Madame Web -- limited to her fantastic chair. They didn't really need another action hero, but I blame Marvel Comics for going down this road back when they did.

I guess there were problems with doing a Spider-Woman movie, but that would have been a better option.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Is it a pretty train wreck though?
    That's all I really want to know at this point.
    MADAME WEB is amazing in that you can see every bad decision from everyone involved happening on screen in every moment. Baffling choices. I can't say I wasn't extremely entertained by the choices made though - Brandon Norwood of @FilmBlerds
    https://twitter.com/bjntweets/status...04621180371241

This is the only response I could find that applies to your question.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-13-2024 at 11:55 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    An evil Spider-Man is...vaguely interesting. And yeah serious Morbius vibes here, just like with the Kraven trailer.

I mean...I wonder what if they all share a producer who's a time traveler from 2002? Just got sucked into OUR present from a random time vortex as he/she exited the theater for Toby's first Spider-Man movie? Ok maybe not but all of these movies got this feel like they firmly belong in THAT era.
    Quoting myself here, but I found at least one reviewer who agrees about the era...sort of. He said it felt like it was made when it's supposed to be taking place: 2003.

Makes sense, it has two of the Morbius writers.

The Trailer was horrible, it showed the film would probably be as bad as Birds of Prey tv show and Birds of Prey was a super girly unwhatcheble mass. Even i don't plan to see this thing in theathers. It is such a shame, i was so proud of seeing every MCU film in theathers, but this thing's trailer was so bad... Even i don't want to see it in theathers.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Madame Web is a truly dynamic character
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by out of control View Post
    The Trailer was horrible, it showed the film would probably be as bad as Birds of Prey tv show and Birds of Prey was a super girly unwhatcheble mass. Even i don't plan to see this thing in theathers. It is such a shame, i was so proud of seeing every MCU film in theathers, but this thing's trailer was so bad... Even i don't want to see it in theathers.
    Birds of Prey tv show wasn't that bad actually.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    at least its critic score is twice as "good" as Hellboy
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'd have been genuinely shocked if viewers gave it a good rating. I thought it to be Marvels Level Bad. The trailer looks like it was taken from the pages of a CW Playbook.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-13-2024 at 04:02 PM.

The trailer was terrible and bizarrely very CW looking. The reviews could be fitting to that.

This is another nail in the coffin for the superhero genre. The genre is as big of a joke as it was in 1997 when Batman and Robin was released.

It is going to take maybe Matt Reeves The Batman sequel to bring back some credibility to the genre.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    The trailer was terrible and bizarrely very CW looking. The reviews could be fitting to that.

This is another nail in the coffin for the superhero genre. The genre is as big of a joke as it was in 1997 when Batman and Robin was released.

It is going to take maybe Matt Reeves The Batman sequel to bring back some credibility to the genre.
    How is it a nail in the coffin? Bad movies are just bad movies, not the end of the world.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!