Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder- is it bad because it's bad, or is it bad because people were expecting the Spider-women to be in costume and doing stuff, and it turns out they weren't, and now people are angry?
    From the reviews I've seen, it's bad because it's bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    How about that "he was with my mom in the Amazon researching spiders right before she died" one? I liked that. Very funny. Even if not intended to be.
    Supposedly, that line was cut from the finished film.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Supposedly, that line was cut from the finished film.
    Ah, darn! Take the best line out of the movie, will ya, Sony?!? I hope they left in the Pepsi product placements, I hear they were very entertaining, and refreshing as well.

Niffleheim

Madame Web joins Rotten Tomatoes 37 WORST SUPERHERO MOVIES OF ALL TIME

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...tSuperhero_215
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I wonder- is it bad because it's bad, or is it bad because people were expecting the Spider-women to be in costume and doing stuff, and it turns out they weren't, and now people are angry?
    most of the reviews I've seen are saying the script is about as bad as any movie in recent memory, the "my mom in the Amazon researching spiders" line may or may not have been taken out but apparently the ENTIRE movie is dialogue like that

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What I just don't understand is how writers that continue to turn out flop after flop keep getting work? Its ridiculous. Look up the main two writers of this movie Matt Sazama and Burk Shapless and just look at their films.

Morbius
    Power Rangers
    Gods of Egypt
    The Last Witch Hunter
    Dracula Untold

Literally crap after crap. The only decent thing these two clowns have done was the Lost in Space revievel on Netflix. Everything else ...... hot garbage. How the hell do they keep getting work?!? You can not tell me there are not 50 struggling screenwriters waiting in the wings for a shot at a major movie like this. Give one of them a shot over proven losers for gods sake. They can't do any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What I just don't understand is how writers that continue to turn out flop after flop keep getting work? Its ridiculous. Look up the main two writers of this movie Matt Sazama and Burk Shapless and just look at their films.

Morbius
    Power Rangers
    Gods of Egypt
    The Last Witch Hunter
    Dracula Untold

Literally crap after crap. The only decent thing these two clowns have done was the Lost in Space revievel on Netflix. Everything else ...... hot garbage. How the hell do they keep getting work?!? You can not tell me there are not 50 struggling screenwriters waiting in the wings for a shot at a major movie like this. Give one of them a shot over proven losers for gods sake. They can't do any worse.
    They all made back their budget, so there is that...

Morbius
    Power Rangers
    Gods of Egypt
    The Last Witch Hunter
    Dracula Untold

I actually don't think any of those are that bad I mean there not the best thing ever but they are enjoyable.

Power Rangers was solid enough.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    They all made back their budget, so there is that...
    From everything that people who really study this stuff say for a movie to break even they usually have to make back twice the budget to cover the costs of marketing and such. I looked up these turkeys:

Gods of Egypt - 140,000,000 budget made 150,680,864 - Barely made back its production budget - LOSER

Last Witch Hunter - 90,000,000 budget made 146,936,910 - With the marketing budget this one didn't break even - LOSER

Dracula Untold - 70.000,000 budget made 217,124,280 - This one was a minor hit - WINNER

Power Rangers - 100,000,000 budget made 142,337.240 - Made back its production budget but still didn't break even - LOSER

Morbius - No budget listed made 167,460,961 - We all know this turkey flopped - LOSER

A director can stop getting good jobs after only 1 or maybe 2 flops, yet writers with twice that keep getting work. It makes no sense to keep going back to this well of mediocrity when they are so many other screenwriters just waiting for a chance. You see it on TV shows too. Look at the Flash. That writers room was filled with mediocre talent and instead of cleaning house and starting fresh they just kept them on.

From everything that people who really study this stuff say for a movie to break even they usually have to make back twice the budget to cover the costs of marketing and such. I looked up these turkeys:

Gods of Egypt - 140,000,000 budget made 150,680,864 - Barely made back its production budget - LOSER

Last Witch Hunter - 90,000,000 budget made 146,936,910 - With the marketing budget this one didn't break even - LOSER

Dracula Untold - 70.000,000 budget made 217,124,280 - This one was a minor hit - WINNER

Power Rangers - 100,000,000 budget made 142,337.240 - Made back its production budget but still didn't break even - LOSER

Morbius - No budget listed made 167,460,961 - We all know this turkey flopped - LOSER

A director can stop getting good jobs after only 1 or maybe 2 flops, yet writers with twice that keep getting work. It makes no sense to keep going back to this well of mediocrity when they are so many other screenwriters just waiting for a chance. You see it on TV shows too. Look at the Flash. That writers room was filled with mediocre talent and instead of cleaning house and starting fresh they just kept them on.
    But is that the Writers fault? Lots of great written films didn't make a lot of money...Look at the recent Color Purple. Great book. Great Screenplay not gonna make a profit...

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    But is that the Writers fault? Lots of great written films didn't make a lot of money...Look at the recent Color Purple. Great book. Great Screenplay not gonna make a profit...
    But when your track record is 1 out of 5 (soon to be 1 out of 6 by the way Madame Web is tracking) being even a minor hit that tells you people don't like something about their writing. When there is that much money at stake you have to start looking at common denominators, and with these 5 movies it them. You can't tell me that as many writers that there are in Hollywood that these guys are the best they can come up with.

Astonishing Member

Can't wait to watch this. Probably be more entertaining than Echo.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Can't wait to watch this. Probably be more entertaining than Echo.
    ...Do tell us your thoughts about it when you see it

Ultimate Member

I don't hate any of the characters or concepts involved, so I hope this does well but I suspect it won't.

Why did Sony even bother making this movie? Are they required to release a movie within a certain amount of time, to keep their rights?