Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Astonishing Member

Can't wait for the Madame Web reboot to shut up the naysayers. Deadpool$$$$$ here we come!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This is what I have been saying for years. Stop trying to make villains anti-heroes and just use heroes. A Spider-Women or Spider-Girl movie is going to get a lot more attention right off the bat than Madame Web or Morbius. There is a huge list of B and C list Spider-man villains they can use as the actual villains that you know Sony/Marvel are probably never going to use in a main Spider-Man movie (unless god willing someone see the potential for a Superior Foes of Spider-Man movie with the like of Beetle, Boomerang, Hydro-Man, Speed Demon, and Shocker as the lovable loser just trying to make a buck)
    Or at least dive deeper into all the possible heroes they could have.

Cardiac, Solo, Puma, Silver Sable et all, Slingers, Shoc, Rocket Racer.

If Marvel and Sony continue on their current trajectory all hopes for a live action Miles Morales movie is doomed. I can just see the CBR article now...

"Why Miles Morales isn't getting a live action movie.... and why that's a good thing."
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Her character had already been rebooted/redeemed.
    Eh…

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    If Marvel and Sony continue on their current trajectory all hopes for a live action Miles Morales movie is doomed. I can just see the CBR article now...

"Why Miles Morales isn't getting a live action movie.... and why that's a good thing."
    Honestly, I think the insanely high quality of the Spider-verse movies is the main reason it'll be awhile til we see Miles in a live action movie. They don't want to be compared to those movies -- the bar is too damn high.

This movie was a mess but my God it was entertaining I can't help but like it at least more than the marvels everything is worg in this nothing works but I'll remember it I don't know if it's so bad it's good or just a stupid popcorn movie but I'm gonna recommend it just for the insanity alone!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Morbius
    Power Rangers
    Gods of Egypt
    The Last Witch Hunter
    Dracula Untold
    Gods of Egypt was iirc not that bad if you can get over the white washing and the CGI (but that's not really the fault of the writers) and the Power Rangers movie was iirc also not terrible.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Yeah, well, six months later we'd get an article "Why Miles Morales isn't getting a live action movie...and why that's a bad thing."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, well, six months later we'd get an article "Why Miles Morales isn't getting a live action movie...and why that's a bad thing."
    Six months? It wouldn't surprise me if the two articles came out the same day.

Or they could always do one of those 'Six Reasons why Miles Morales doesn't deserve a life action movie and Six reasons why he does,' lists.

Seeing reports of people going to this in groups and laughing their butts off. Is this dull bad, fun bad, or funny bad? Does the audiences' sobriety at time of viewing change this equation?

Ultimate Member

I don't understand why they added all the Spider-woman (except Drew, I guess).

Just use one and let the actors play off one another. All three in the exact same mess, you'd think that would dilute things some.

Niffleheim

A major theatrical chain insider says they could see the ‘MADAME WEB’ “advance purchase sales declining in real time as buyers were refunding their tickets” on opening night.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...se-1235829471/
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member

This movie had no business being made. I felt like I was watching something on the CW. I don't like that people and CBR are adding it to the fall of Marvel. This has Sony written all over it. It was abysmal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    This movie had no business being made. I felt like I was watching something on the CW. I don't like that people and CBR are adding it to the fall of Marvel. This has Sony written all over it. It was abysmal.
    Some of the general audience will associate it the MCU and not Sony. It really is a black eye for the superhero genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    A major theatrical chain insider says they could see the ‘MADAME WEB’ “advance purchase sales declining in real time as buyers were refunding their tickets” on opening night.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...se-1235829471/
    I like the bit where they say it’ll be at least a decade before anyone tries to make a Madame Web movie again, like it’s just a normal thing that someone made a Madame Web movie.