Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This was such strange choice. I know Sony ony has rights to .lesser known Spider-Man characters, but I don't know even how many comic fans know anything about Web. I get Venom and Kraven, they are bigger characters with a longer history. I can't even remember reading a Spidey book with her. I hope they didn't expect fan buzz.
    I agree but then you have posters who like to throw out the comment no one ever heard about the Guardians of The Galaxy before they become a success. Or even some posters like to say that Iron Man was basically an unknown and look what happened.

Extraordinary Member

Weirdly, I have read comics with Madame Web in them. Not many, but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This was such strange choice. I know Sony ony has rights to .lesser known Spider-Man characters, but I don't know even how many comic fans know anything about Web. I get Venom and Kraven, they are bigger characters with a longer history. I can't even remember reading a Spidey book with her. I hope they didn't expect fan buzz.
    Hollywood doesn't care about buzz amongst comic book fans - they're more concerned about buzz with the general audience, which is why I'm more perplexed by the casting choice. Johnson has the onscreen charisma of a baked potato with no toppings.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Hollywood doesn't care about buzz amongst comic book fans - they're more concerned about buzz with the general audience, which is why I'm more perplexed by the casting choice. Johnson has the onscreen charisma of a baked potato with no toppings.
    She wasn't that bad lol. It was more akin to a turnip with a little spunk.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if Sony can come up with even more obscure Spider characters to use in a bad movie than they already have? Who have they got after Kraven?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I wonder if Sony can come up with even more obscure Spider characters to use in a bad movie than they already have? Who have they got after Kraven?
    Make way for ... ROCKET RACER!!

Seriously though, they should look into a live action Prowler since people are familiar with him from the Spiderverse films. Throw in Tarantula while you're at it - I always thought he was cool.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-01-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Make way for ... ROCKET RACER!!

Seriously though, they should look into a live action Prowler since people are familiar with him from the Spiderverse films. Throw in Tarantula while you're at it - I always thought he was cool.
    I could've sworn they actually did announce a Rocket Racer movie...or maybe I'm thinking of Cardiac. Or Nightwatch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could've sworn they actually did announce a Rocket Racer movie...or maybe I'm thinking of Cardiac. Or Nightwatch.
    Hypno Hustler is the one getting his own movie (maybe).

Ironically, I feel as though Sony is too conservative with their movies. Going with Eddie instead of Flash, and Morbius to jump onto the vampire crazy.

And then we get this...

They had that wrestling spider character starring Bad Bunny. I think BB has pulled out, but they were still going forward with it.

Rocket Racer and Big Wheel versus Fusion, the Twin Terror!

Madame Web at over 90 million probably going to break even and make money on streaming at least.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Since when has Madam web been a young woman? Is she comics created or was she changed for the films? I haven't read all of the newer comics.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-03-2024 at 09:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Since when has Madam web been a young woman? Is she comics created or was she changed for the films? I haven't read all of the newer comics.
    Well, since this movie was released. She's somehow....different from the comic book version. It is so subtle though, I can't really tell how.

On another note though, which is the better tag line, "It's Morbin time!" or "He was with my mother in the Amazon when she was researching spiders....right before she died." Remember, that last line needs to be delivered without any emotion or inflection. And they need to put this line back into the physical media release.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Julia Carpenter is a young Madame Web, Cassandra Web is the old one. The movie just switched that and set it up so ... something we will never hear about ... will happen instead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Julia Carpenter is a young Madame Web, Cassandra Web is the old one. The movie just switched that and set it up so ... something we will never hear about ... will happen instead.
    I think in retrospect, it was a bad sign when the lead actress fired her agent and admits she hasn't seen the movie...