Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Seeing a lot of negativity here, but I thought it looked good. This may be one I give a shot.

Not a fan of Madam Web but a lot of young adults are due to the Cartoon. Just wish they went with a Spider-Woman movie instead. The Sony Spider-Verse is very lacking in quality live action movies. I will probably see it.

Looks like the leaked script plot info rumor was true.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

As Grace Randolph says they really need to reveal the whole ‘saving Peter’s parents before he’s born’ aspect as the hook, otherwise the movie comes across as quite bland and uninteresting. I liked The Marvel’s overall but this trailer being released mere days after it’s perceived/legit flop (choose what you believe) seems badly timed with a not overly engaging first look here.

“He was in the Amazon with my Mom when she was researching spiders right before she died”

I think that basically sums it up.

But really what kind of audience is there for a movie from four random women running from an evil version of Spider-Man? I mean, the actresses are great, I just don't think the material will be worth it.

Also watch that the stuff with them in costumes is just a future vision and only in the movie for a few minutes.

An evil Spider-Man is...vaguely interesting. And yeah serious Morbius vibes here, just like with the Kraven trailer.

I mean...I wonder what if they all share a producer who's a time traveler from 2002? Just got sucked into OUR present from a random time vortex as he/she exited the theater for Toby's first Spider-Man movie? Ok maybe not but all of these movies got this feel like they firmly belong in THAT era.

I was gonna say "I'm shocked this movie exists", but then I remembered Morbius and Kraven exist

At least Jessica Drew was spared.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like the leaked script plot info rumor was true.
    Yep. Had the same thoughts.

Likes: The cast sells it. Dakota shines here, I think a Sarah Connor Story would work far better but her supporting cast is doing good with what they have, and Tahar looks good so far as Ezekiel.

Dislikes: Pretty much everything else. Its like a Final Destination Vibe, add some Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants with CW special effects.

Overall, not interested. Not saying its a bad movie, just not feeling it.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-15-2023 at 11:30 AM.

It looks alright. I would've preffered Morlun as the villian instead of Ezekiel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    An evil Spider-Man is...vaguely interesting. And yeah serious Morbius vibes here, just like with the Kraven trailer.

I mean...I wonder what if they all share a producer who's a time traveler from 2002? Just got sucked into OUR present from a random time vortex as he/she exited the theater for Toby's first Spider-Man movie? Ok maybe not but all of these movies got this feel like they firmly belong in THAT era.
    Sony is perpetually stuck in 2007.

So I wonder if they're dropping the character's blindness because they're worried about copying Daredevil or it happens at the end of the movie. Also I'm guessing no mutants either.

Anybody think the Ezekiel suit is going to wind up somewhere in Spider-Man 2's DLC?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

In some ways, it looks more interesting that 'The Marvels', but that's probably due to the unknown -- where is this leading. Kinda surprised Jessica Drew isn't in this -- unless I'm mistaken. But this does look more like a Disney+ series than a full-fledged movie. Not sure there is enough going on here to make people go to the theatre to watch it.

I'm not crazy about MCU de-aging characters. We know that actually happened to the original Madame Web, so there is precedence. But they also did that with Agatha Harkness -- who I loved as a crone.

I'll go see it. Because it is basically remixing the backstories to every character included, I have no expectations on fidelity to canon, or whatever folks hold dear to them. It's a hodgepodge, so, I hope that it's actually a good one. But of course, we'll have to see when it comes out.

spoilers:
    I see that there's a character there named Mary Parker. Pure coincidence? Who knows.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Can someone point me to the leaked script rumors?

From the leaked info if true--

spoilers:
    Morlun of spider-verse fame who sees the future wants to kill a baby peter parker and his mom before peter can become spider-man changing history. That shot of a woman holding a baby is peter and his mom! A young aunt may and uncle ben are in it also from the leak info! Web is trying to save spider-man.
    end of spoilers