Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Does she were a costume in the movie?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Seeing a lot of negativity here, but I thought it looked good. This may be one I give a shot.
    To be fair, this is the same studio that gave us Morbius (which also had a decent trailer) and somehow found a way to screw up Venom & Carnage. The bar is pretty low right now.

Yeah i don't understand what the strategy here with Cassandra or what appears to be Julia, Anya and what is either Charlotte Witter or Maddie Franklin with the extra legs there or why it seems Ezekiel is made to be the bad guy of the movie. Frankly what Sony has delivered Spider-man wise has not met my expectations and i am reluctant to see this before reviews come out.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Does she were a costume in the movie?
    Well unless the plan is to cripple her and blind her then sit her in a web shaped chair then we have to assume they will, if anything they gave her a red coat like the one Julia is using right now, all she needs is the glasses.

It looks okay?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

I thought the trailer looked okay. I was most intrigued by the evil Spider-Man. At times I feel they gave away too much and should've held back on the Spider-women and their suits, but at the same time, it perhaps makes sense for Sony to let the audience know that in the hopes that it will create excitement. That is another thing that makes me want to see this movie, so I guess it worked on me. I think Sony chose a bad time to put this trailer out, because it might get swept up in all the talk about The Marvels and the travails of the MCU right now. It might be seen as "more of the same" (i.e. The Marvels). I wish they had waited until next month to put this trailer out to let the hubbub about The Marvels die down.

I don't have high hopes for this movie. I didn't like the first Venom; I really didn't like the second Venom. I was okay with Morbius actually, however, I felt like it was a throwback film that belonged more in 2002 than 2022. I wish Sony would just pump the brakes on trying to spin off these side Spider-characters (with exceptions for Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Black Cat, and maybe the Hobie Brown Prowler). Unfortunately, I don't expect Madame Web to do well, and I don't think Kraven will either. I think Venom 3 will fare the best, but I'm doubting it'll reach the box office of the second.

Not sure I like having so many spider-characters debuting before Peter in the timeline.
    If I was in charge of Sony, I'd have these Spiderverse movies take place in the world of Amazing Spider-Man, so we'd have an older Spider-Man than Holland's.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post
    I thought the trailer looked okay. I was most intrigued by the evil Spider-Man. At times I feel they gave away too much and should've held back on the Spider-women and their suits, but at the same time, it perhaps makes sense for Sony to let the audience know that in the hopes that it will create excitement. That is another thing that makes me want to see this movie, so I guess it worked on me. I think Sony chose a bad time to put this trailer out, because it might get swept up in all the talk about The Marvels and the travails of the MCU right now. It might be seen as "more of the same" (i.e. The Marvels). I wish they had waited until next month to put this trailer out to let the hubbub about The Marvels die down.

I don't have high hopes for this movie. I didn't like the first Venom; I really didn't like the second Venom. I was okay with Morbius actually, however, I felt like it was a throwback film that belonged more in 2002 than 2022. I wish Sony would just pump the brakes on trying to spin off these side Spider-characters (with exceptions for Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Black Cat, and maybe the Hobie Brown Prowler). Unfortunately, I don't expect Madame Web to do well, and I don't think Kraven will either. I think Venom 3 will fare the best, but I'm doubting it'll reach the box office of the second.
    I'm surprised they even have costumes but I expect we'll barely see them wearing theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperorjones View Post

Not gonna lie, if it weren't for the shots of the Spider women, I probably wouldn't have even posted about it looking okay.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Why no Jessica Drew though? All three came after her and she is not in this?

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    To be fair, this is the same studio that gave us Morbius (which also had a decent trailer) and somehow found a way to screw up Venom & Carnage. The bar is pretty low right now.
    ^^^I guess DC’s Birds of Prey set the bar so low Sony figured another female led ensemble superhero movie has nowhere to go but up.

I probably would've done a clone saga riff to acknowledge Spider-Man's absence. Spiderman disappeared but all these fake versions like Spider-Cide, Ben, Kaine etc pop up in various films. It's a mystery box that allows Sony to have their cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-16-2023 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Not sure I like having so many spider-characters debuting before Peter in the timeline.
    If I was in charge of Sony, I'd have these Spiderverse movies take place in the world of Amazing Spider-Man, so we'd have an older Spider-Man than Holland's.
    That could work. Nice. Though I thought with the ending of Morbius (the stinger with Vulture) they were in either that universe or Tobey's...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm surprised they even have costumes but I expect we'll barely see them wearing theirs.
    This "gotta save something for the sequel!" mentality usually backfires...