Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Madame Web

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I probably would've done a clone saga riff to acknowledge Spider-Man's absence. Spiderman disappeared but all these fake versions like Spider-Cide, Ben, Kaine etc pop up in various films. It's a mystery box that allows Sony to have their cake and eat it too.
    I hate clones but it could work in a film or even TV. But they need to introduce Jackal or take it from a person shown in a previous film but never really did much. An extra or bit part that is revealed to be more. Or even turn Jackal into Lizard and go that route...

I probably would've done a clone saga riff to acknowledge Spider-Man's absence. Spiderman disappeared but all these fake versions like Spider-Cide, Ben, Kaine etc pop up in various films. It's a mystery box that allows Sony to have their cake and eat it too.
    Doggone it, they need to contract folks HERE to write these films lol

My lone idea, was the long awaited Amazing Spider-Man 3, that acts as a sort of spinoff of No Way Home. Garfield's Spider-Man becomes obsessed with finding a Gwen that didn't die, and winds up finding and teaming up with Spider-Gwen against some threat.

...but ya'll's ideas are better. :/

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I hate clones but it could work in a film or even TV. But they need to introduce Jackal or take it from a person shown in a previous film but never really did much. An extra or bit part that is revealed to be more. Or even turn Jackal into Lizard and go that route...
    I'm not gonna lie, since I was totally not following any info on the production et al for Madame Web, I mistook Ezekiel for Kaine until he said his name.

But a self-contained Clone Saga movie, where Kaine is the overarching villain would work. And sure throw in Jackal somewhere too, but Kaine would be the physical threat that needs to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

My lone idea, was the long awaited Amazing Spider-Man 3, that acts as a sort of spinoff of No Way Home. Garfield's Spider-Man becomes obsessed with finding a Gwen that didn't die, and winds up finding and teaming up with Spider-Gwen against some threat.

I'm not gonna lie, since I was totally not following any info on the production et al for Madame Web, I mistook Ezekiel for Kaine until he said his name.

But a self-contained Clone Saga movie, where Kaine is the overarching villain would work. And sure throw in Jackal somewhere too, but Kaine would be the physical threat that needs to be stopped.
    I think they need some comic creators on as producers, at least consultants.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I felt like clone conspiracy would've been a good event film for the Sonyverse. So I'd have it be a variation of that storyline tailored to whoever Sony has available.

I'm fine with replacing Ben's role with Warren. Before that I thought of the Jackal popping up in Morbius. So you could introduce him there and have Morbius as his reluctant assistant.

I felt like clone conspiracy would've been a good event film for the Sonyverse. So I'd have it be a variation of that storyline tailored to whoever Sony has available.

I'm fine with replacing Ben's role with Warren. Before that I thought of the Jackal popping up in Morbius. So you could introduce him there and have Morbius as his reluctant assistant.
    I kinda thought that's who Jared Harris's character was going to turn out to be.

I kinda thought that's who Jared Harris's character was going to turn out to be.
    Me too.

Rather than use Vulture, I would've used Kraven instead. Him hunting Morbius makes sense to me.

Spider-gwen works too. Garfield’s Peter meeting her is a good way to resolve his feelings about Gwen's death. He learns how to accept it and move on by meeting a version that went through the same thing.

Kaine could work as the Jackal's enforcer.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Is there any benefit using her over the original?
    Sex appeal. As I recall, the original Madame Web was an older woman.

I would probably prefer the original (I'm an older man), but I suspect the kiddies would find her gross.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

I would probably prefer the original (I'm an older man), but I suspect the kiddies would find her gross.
    Looks like she's actually the original MW Cassandra Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think they need some comic creators on as producers, at least consultants.
    Someone like JMS, who has experience from series like Babylon 5 and a classic Spidey run under his belt, would be great for the Spidey stuff. I think it's ludicrous that across the board (Sony, Marvel, DC) they very rarely have comic creators or people knowledgeable of the source material working on these movies. Someone could say Geoff Johns filled that role for DC stuff, but I think he was spreading himself way too thin.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

These are like Hallmark movies for superpowers by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Looks like she's actually the original MW Cassandra Webb
    Well, good for them!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

[IMG][/IMG]

She looks pretty young to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

She looks pretty young to me.
    They might be thinking of the cartoon. It was an elderly woman sitting in a throne there.

Astonishing Member

I think the Hostess version predated the Marvel Comics vesion, but not by much.

I don't like that two older ffemale characters (including Agatha Harkness) were de-aged for Marvel Disney -- particularly since they claim to be all about inclusiveness. Frankly, I don't see why Madame Web (an fringe character) was even given a series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I think the Hostess version predated the Marvel Comics vesion, but not by much.

I don't like that two older ffemale characters (including Agatha Harkness) were de-aged for Marvel Disney -- particularly since they claim to be all about inclusiveness. Frankly, I don't see why Madame Web (an fringe character) was even given a series.
    Because Sony has the rights of characters like Kraven, Madame Web, El whateverhisnameis, Morbius etc and want to make money with it.

I don't see these characters having their own movie, too, but it is what it is.