Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Daredevil Season 4

Daredevil Season 4 Reportedly happing on Disney plus do what do you want to see from a session 4 and do you think a Disney plus version of the show can work? What about the other Netflix shows? Personally I'd rather a movie.

https://screenrant.com/daredevil-sho...arvel-studios/

I’d like to see a movie but Disney+ is spending More on an episode then Netflix was on whole seasons. Also I doubt this will actually be a season 4. They will keep some thing like a lot of the actors. But they aren’t gonna be beholden to the Netflix shows. They will do they’re own thing. Keep what worked and change what didn’t. Guaranteed they redo the Hand/Elektra/Bullseye. Not that the later two were done baldy, they just weren’t good either. Hope they keep the main cast + Benrthals Punisher. Foggy and Karen we’re good

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I’d like to see a movie but Disney+ is spending More on an episode then Netflix was on whole seasons. Also I doubt this will actually be a season 4. They will keep some thing like a lot of the actors. But they aren’t gonna be beholden to the Netflix shows. They will do they’re own thing. Keep what worked and change what didn’t. Guaranteed they redo the Hand/Elektra/Bullseye. Not that the later two were done baldy, they just weren’t good either. Hope they keep the main cast + Benrthals Punisher. Foggy and Karen we’re good
    You think they are going to recon the other seasons?

The only thing I hope they change is the pacing the Netflix shows were painful slow the 12 episodes could have been 6 so easy.

I was just mindblown to suddenly see the entire line of Marvel Netflix shows suddenly available on Disney+, and not on Netflix. I'm sure it was announced, but I apparently missed the memo. I suppose the Disney/Marvel merger is what killed those shows in the first place ... Daredevil was my favorite of all those shows, I thought it was really well done.

And yeah, from what I recall, the shows on Netflix were way darker or at least bloodier than I see happening on Disney. Excited to see the cast still in the roles, because I think they nailed it, but yeah, kinda feel like this will have to be something else. Hopefully something different-but-still-good, but I can't see it -- any of these shows really, if they are planning to do more seasons of any more -- being really a continuation like it's the same show.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

The only thing I hope they change is the pacing the Netflix shows were painful slow the 12 episodes could have been 6 so easy.
    Meh, personally I don't know if it would be great if they retread previous storylines so much that they need to retcon anything. I think the established stuff from previous seasons should be more or less treated as canon, but yeah, not feeling constrained to trying to continue those previous storylines precisely.

You know, thinking about it, it almost seems like when the creative team on a book you love changes. It needs to be different and its own thing/take on the concept, so it doesn't just come off as an imitation of something better, but you hope the new creative direction can continue without crapping on what's already been established.

Agreed partially about the pacing, the shows could be painfully slow, but I'd say more like 8-9 than six, for previous seasons of Daredevil. I don't think those plots were meant to feel fast-paced, through most of the run.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

I'm curious what they'd do with it now and differentiate it from the Netflix era. I think there's rumors we're getting a new DD suit in She-Hulk.

Maybe DD has to stop Luke Cage (he is kinda a villain now) maybe bullseye is Luke Cages top enforcer.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post

Charlie Cox already said they won’t pick up where season 3 left off and used the word reimagined. I think everything will be canon till it isn’t. Bullseye his too big of a character not to recast with a bigger actor and do something better with. The hand again need to be redone. Nobu was cool but everything else about them was wtf the more they showed. I think they will keep the characterizations and some of the actors and that’s it. Other then that just do they’re own thing. I hope they start over with Luke Cage and Ironfist aswell. Fin was trash and Colter was good but they changed the character for no real reason. Still not sure why Luke cage wasn’t even from Harlem. He was a retired Army Ranger turned detective in the south. Just odd changes to make. So yea hope they just start over. Just do a heroes for hire show and you call tell there origins in peices throughout that show and or movie. I think Danny and Luke’s powers deserve a real budget this go around.

Think about it...

They are most likely going to have to at least retcon -

spoilers:
    The fact that Stick is dead.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Think about it...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Why? He wasn't that important if you need to you can just bring him back somehow.

Let's see what plots were left open from the Netflix shows

Jessica Jones has Jeri Hogarth being set up as the big bad of session 4

For DD there's stone Elektra Natchios Fisk and Vanessa and bullseye

For Luke Cage there's Luke Cages heel turn as the new kingpin Shades Diamondback Nightshade Bushmaster

Iron fist has Dannys new powers the Orson Randall thing Colleen Wing as the new iron fist Davos Joy Meachum and Ward Misty Knight and Mary Walker

Punisher jigsaw and Dumont?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Think about it...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I don’t think they need to retcon that. I think there’s a lot they will retcon but I don’t think that’s it. We will see when we get an official announcement. I don’t think this will be called Daredevil season 4. I think it will just be Marvels Daredevil. Some things will be the same and some won’t. I don’t think you need stick though also don’t know if spoiler tags are needed this long after the fact.

Wonder if Disney+ will put out any new shoes behind that parental controls or if it’s just for older stuff they want to add.

BANNED

After seeing what they did to Fisk in Hawkeye...no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    After seeing what they did to Fisk in Hawkeye...no thanks.
    What did they do with him in Hawkeye? Kept the actor everyone loved and had him play the character the same way. Then did things to bring it closer to the comics. I didn’t like that Hawaiian shirt look but that too is straight from the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Meh, personally I don't know if it would be great if they retread previous storylines so much that they need to retcon anything. I think the established stuff from previous seasons should be more or less treated as canon, but yeah, not feeling constrained to trying to continue those previous storylines precisely.

You know, thinking about it, it almost seems like when the creative team on a book you love changes. It needs to be different and its own thing/take on the concept, so it doesn't just come off as an imitation of something better, but you hope the new creative direction can continue without crapping on what's already been established.
    I agree with this. DD left off in a place where you could take the storyline almost anywhere without retreading the past. There's certainly a wealth of good source material out there for DD - moreso than the other Defenders characters. All we need is the core cast working together, DD has a past with Kingpin where he put him in prison and the rest doesn't have to be touched upon unless they really wanted to bring back Elektra or something. And even then, all you really need to know is that they had a tumultuous past and he thought she was dead.

Jessica Jones left off in with a fairly blank slate with Jessica and Malcolm just doing the P.I. thing. Trish's status can be mentioned or not.

And I'd be fine with them scrapping Power Man and Iron Fist's netflix storylines and just reintroduce them together as a team in a "Heroes for Hire" show.(and yeah, recast Danny)

I kinda doubt Disney will want to touch the Punisher - at least not for awhile.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-18-2022 at 06:02 AM.