Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I hope they don't just repeat the formula of the Netflix shows. Reference it but give the show it's own tone and style.

I love the first season of the Netflix shows but they got old fast.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Daredevil season 3 was generally excellent, imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope they don't just repeat the formula of the Netflix shows. Reference it but give the show it's own tone and style.

I love the first season of the Netflix shows but they got old fast.
    My thinking too.

I dont want Disney to mimic the tone of the Netflix series.

So far the D+ series have nailed down the appropriate tones for their series. They really shouldn't have a problem with Daredevil.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The problem with the Netflix shows was it was too much talking not meny villains and to meny episodes they needed to cap those off at 6 episodes each.

Yeah, the Netflix series were too darn long.

I struggled to get through them to be honest.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Daredevil season 3 was generally excellent, imo.
    Absolutely!!, I wish he was in the suit, but otherwise it was such a good show. These people are smoking some good meth to say that Daredevil was "boring". Couldn't be any more boring than bland ass Moon Knight.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, the Netflix series were too darn long.

I struggled to get through them to be honest.
    I would assume this'll function like a Daredevil movie/series compared to Netflix.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Moon Knight was kinda mid tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Absolutely!!, I wish he was in the suit, but otherwise it was such a good show. These people are smoking some good meth to say that Daredevil was "boring". Couldn't be any more boring than bland ass Moon Knight.
    It is going to be A GLORIOUS TRAIN WRECK when they try to apply their current formula to this and it blows up in their faces. Did they forget Kingpin's forgettable appearance in Hawkeye? They did? Well, no one blames them it was forgettable.

Why didn't Feige aim low? Start with Luke Cage or Iron Fist. Those shows were awful and no one would care if they were rebooted. He had to choose what many people believe to be the best Marvel show so far? Really?

It must really bother Feige to know that not only he had nothing to do with the Marvel show that is widely seen as the "best", Jeph Loeb has a producer credit! Feige must watch the opening credits over and over saying "I can do better!" over and over LMAO! Now we are going to pay for that obsession.

Folks, Moon Knight ended with the main character being overshadowed in his own show by a giant God fight and his sidekick eating into his time by getting superpowers. If that doesn't serve as the canary in the coal mine I don't know what does
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Folks, Moon Knight ended with the main character being overshadowed in his own show by a giant God fight and his sidekick eating into his time by getting superpowers. If that doesn't serve as the canary in the coal mine I don't know what does
    Don't forget overshadowed by his third alter who saves the day while he's blacked out.(since we're complaining about stuff, that's the one that bothered me - not giant Khonshu brawl or avatar Layla)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Don't forget overshadowed by his third alter who saves the day while he's blacked out.(since we're complaining about stuff, that's the one that bothered me - not giant Khonshu brawl or avatar Layla)
    All the alters share the same body and powers so aren’t they all Moonknight?

Incredible Member

It is going to be A GLORIOUS TRAIN WRECK when they try to apply their current formula to this and it blows up in their faces. Did they forget Kingpin's forgettable appearance in Hawkeye? They did? Well, no one blames them it was forgettable.

Why didn't Feige aim low? Start with Luke Cage or Iron Fist. Those shows were awful and no one would care if they were rebooted. He had to choose what many people believe to be the best Marvel show so far? Really?

It must really bother Feige to know that not only he had nothing to do with the Marvel show that is widely seen as the "best", Jeph Loeb has a producer credit! Feige must watch the opening credits over and over saying "I can do better!" over and over LMAO! Now we are going to pay for that obsession.

Are you hoping for the show to fail? Kinda sounds like it.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollowSage View Post
    Are you hoping for the show to fail? Kinda sounds like it.
    My biggest fear is actually MCU eventually trying to buck it's own tonal trend and FAILING, setting everything back to status quo again. That's why the tepid response to The Eternals worry me. Even though that Film wasn't as different as it touted itself to be.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    My thinking too.

I dont want Disney to mimic the tone of the Netflix series.

So far the D+ series have nailed down the appropriate tones for their series. They really shouldn't have a problem with Daredevil.
    Yep. MCU has more tonal variety and moral ambiguity than people give it credit for and they are moving towards including more adult action and humor in their content.

Since the MCU mimics the comics, this is going to be similar to when one writer finishes off their run and a different writer takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Nobody is saying that the shows were boring. And please refrain from dismissing any criticisms of a show you like as a result of the other person being on drugs.

Layla was barely a character in the show. The big god fight happened in the background. And Jack Lockley was the one who saved the day and given that he is one of Marc's alters does that mean MK got overshadowed by MK on his own show? And while the sudden change was jarring, it served the purpose of the show when they finally revealed Jake at the end.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

so is it going to expand the villains? will it get more into the more wilder aspects of MCU villainy or stay relatively "grounded" ?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is it going to expand the villains? will it get more into the more wilder aspects of MCU villainy or stay relatively "grounded" ?
    I personally hope it's mostly the latter with some hard Sci-Fi and low fantasy elements. Marvel needs a street level hero for street level **** imo.