Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I like Trish arc. If anything she should be on the thunderbolts.
    This is a good idea. That actress was great. She really sold it for me.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I would be all for that. If they're brining back Ritter as Jessica, I'd want the same actress back as Trish and I'd want a redemption arc rather then letting her rot on the Raft.

Re: Iron Fist, I've said a bunch of times I think Jones was a really good Danny - in the few scenes where he was written to be more light-hearted or zen. He just sucked at being angry and angsty, which isn't how Danny is normally presented. However, stories of his lack of commitment to the training makes me fall on the side of recasting. I'd be fine dropping Danny and Luke's stories as having been resolved themselves in the intervening years and pair them together as Heroes for Hire. And yes, let Colleen keep her power - maybe even get a new codename or something. (or maybe not, depending on what she's up to - codenames aren't always necessary)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-09-2023 at 04:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

With this season supposedly the longest Disney+ show order so far. They will definitely need excellent supporting characters. Punisher returning is great. The idea of getting Luke back here I like as well. Danny Rand needs a recast period. There is just no excuse for Iron Fist to not be a martial artist capable actor. It severely limits the special effects and stunts to have to switch to body double or just dumb down fight choreography for an actor that can't hack it.

No offence to Jones but I mean he's not the strongest actor, he's not an excellent martial artist to make up for that. If you can upgrade on acting ability, fight proficiency what's the point of limiting yourself again resurrecting the obvious weak link of the Netflix series? Colleen was the star of Iron Fist. But I think Misty needs a recast as well.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would be all for that. If they're brining back Ritter as Jessica, I'd want the same actress back as Trish and I'd want a redemption arc rather then letting her rot on the Raft.

Re: Iron Fist, I've said a bunch of times I think Jones was a really good Danny - in the few scenes where he was written to be more light-hearted or zen. He just sucked at being angry and angsty, which isn't how Danny is normally presented. However, stories of his lack of commitment to the training makes me fall on the side of recasting. I'd be fine dropping Danny and Luke's stories as having been resolved themselves in the intervening years and pair them together as Heroes for Hire. And yes, let Colleen keep her power - maybe even get a new codename or something. (or maybe not, depending on what she's up to - codenames aren't always necessary)
    He had a few moments. IIRC, there was an episode of Luke's show where they had Danny guest star, and the characterization was much better than the usually angsty Danny, we regularly got.

It isn't that he was just universally horrible, but they did great for casting and at least characterization (much as I didn't love all storylines) for all of the other leads. Cox, Colter, Ritter and Bernthal are awesome in their roles. There's reason to bring those actors back, if you can. (Debra Ann Woll and Eldon Henson are awesome as Karen and Foggy, too.) But I don't think anybody is really going to miss the Netflix version Danny, if we can have a more comics-accurate version.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Because you really shouldn't try to make Iron Fist into Daredevil. They're just not the same character.

Astonishing Member

I feel confident that Iron Fist will be recast. They may even skip over Danny Rand and go to current version -- which would be disappointing.

Trish Walker -- I don't know. She was okay in the series, but wasn't written as the Patsy most of us know and love. That said -- I'm really in no hurry for Jessica Jones to be revived by Disney -- even though I liked the Netflix series. Daredevil was definitely the best of the lot, IMHO.

I'm sorry to hear they're not going to bring back Karen and Foggy (the story is they're not recasting, the characters aren't even included, correct?) but I'll hold off judgment until I see what the show plans to do instead. From his appearance on "She-Hulk" it definitely sounded like he was still doing the same "Nelson & Murdock do-gooders for the people" schtick, so it definitely seems odd for Matt to be doing that without them. So... yeah, I guess we'll see.

Trish was fine for what she was. But she wasn't Patsy Walker, let alone Hellcat.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Trish was fine for what she was. But she wasn't Patsy Walker, let alone Hellcat.
    Different experiences being what they are, I found Netflix Trish to be an interesting character. I've never thought that about comic book Hellcat. (maybe I just didn't read the right stories, I admit I didn't read everything she was in)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Different experiences being what they are, I found Netflix Trish to be an interesting character. I've never thought that about comic book Hellcat. (maybe I just didn't read the right stories, I admit I didn't read everything she was in)
    I think both work for what they are. Trish worked in the cast of Jessica Jones but Hellcat would be more at home in She-Hulk or even a show like Hawkeye.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Vanessa Fisk got recasted. Sandrine Holt will play her now

https://mobile.twitter.com/Discussin...07796396023808

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I feel confident that Iron Fist will be recast. They may even skip over Danny Rand and go to current version -- which would be disappointing.

Trish Walker -- I don't know. She was okay in the series, but wasn't written as the Patsy most of us know and love. That said -- I'm really in no hurry for Jessica Jones to be revived by Disney -- even though I liked the Netflix series. Daredevil was definitely the best of the lot, IMHO.
    Agreed, it was. I really should watch it again, because I honestly feel like it's ultimately the best adaptation from superhero comics to a tv show that I've seen.

I also think though its success made them want to repeat as much of the gritty street-level feel as possible, which did work out pretty well overall for the group of shows. But I think Matt's cameo in She-Hulk does suggest Disney is not transferring Netflix whole cloth, so we can also get somewhat different versions of the others, too. I mean, I think all of the Netflix heroes but Punisher have been Avengers at some point, right? Maybe they'll go in that direction?
    Last edited by Adam Allen; 03-11-2023 at 09:46 AM.

Daredevil was the most solid of the Netflix shows with Season 2 having a minor bump in the road for me. The Netflix shows kept doing this thing where they'd dump an interesting character for a less interesting character. When Punisher bowed out for large parts of Season 2 and Elektra came in it was a bump for me. Outside of that DD was great.

Luke Cage season one was great but swapping Cottonmouth for Diamondback same thing as Punisher and Elektra it wasn't awful but felt like a downgrade. Season 2 was good.

Jessica Jones season 1 was great and a lot of that was due to Tennant Kilgrave was better than any version of the character I ever read or saw before. Season 2 was okay but was more of a family drama with superpowers and season 3 was better than season 2 but no season 1.

Ironfist well the Meachums were interesting, and Colleen was awesome.

Punisher Season was fantastic season 2 meh.

Defenders again swapping an interesting character Sigourney Weaver for again the less interesting Elektra honestly this would be a character I wouldn't mind a soft reboot on.

Vanessa Fisk got recasted. Sandrine Holt will play her now

https://mobile.twitter.com/Discussin...07796396023808
    If they're recasting people I wonder if they'll outright recast Foggy now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Daredevil was the most solid of the Netflix shows with Season 2 having a minor bump in the road for me. The Netflix shows kept doing this thing where they'd dump an interesting character for a less interesting character. When Punisher bowed out for large parts of Season 2 and Elektra came in it was a bump for me. Outside of that DD was great.

Luke Cage season one was great but swapping Cottonmouth for Diamondback same thing as Punisher and Elektra it wasn't awful but felt like a downgrade. Season 2 was good.

Jessica Jones season 1 was great and a lot of that was due to Tennant Kilgrave was better than any version of the character I ever read or saw before. Season 2 was okay but was more of a family drama with superpowers and season 3 was better than season 2 but no season 1.

Ironfist well the Meachums were interesting, and Colleen was awesome.

Punisher Season was fantastic season 2 meh.

Defenders again swapping an interesting character Sigourney Weaver for again the less interesting Elektra honestly this would be a character I wouldn't mind a soft reboot on.
    TBF JJ came out swinging with her best storyline.

Hard to top that.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium