Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I would like to see an official announcement.

Considering the old show is now on Disney+, you can do a continuation without being beholden to it, especially if the main actor/antagonist are remaining the same. Just move forward, but don't heavily reference the original if you don't want to. There's no need for a full-on reboot. If some of the supporting cast don't want to come back, just re-cast.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Here's a thought: What if a new DD show took place during the blip? We saw how things kinda fell apart and how traumatizing it was for the survivors. This would essentially set NYC back to the pre-Disneyfication of midtown Manhattan (ironically) where crime was rampant and Hell's Kitchen was... Hell's Kitchen. Even if it were just for the first season I think that could be fun. It would also allow for Fisk to be in it pre-Hawkeye and whatever happened there. Even bring Ronin, (whether it's Renner or not) or Maya and her dad back. I imagine the surviving Avengers were too busy putting out bigger fires. (as was seen in Natasha's video chat scene)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I don't see them rebooting much of anything. They have the show now and the same actor has reprised the role so you just move on. I don't think it will be a legitimate season four as the team behind it is different now than when it was at Netflix and they'll likely want to tell their own stories rather than continue someone elses but that doesn't mean a reboot.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Jessica Jones left off in with a fairly blank slate with Jessica and Malcolm just doing the P.I. thing. Trish's status can be mentioned or not.
    I want them to reboot Hellcat.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I definitely want a follow up to Luke Cage. I'm dying to know how his reign of Harlem turned out

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I definitely want a follow up to Luke Cage. I'm dying to know how his reign of Harlem turned out
    Yeah, that was such a fun turn I'd love to see that play out.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, that was such a fun turn I'd love to see that play out.
    Me too, but I feel like he'd have gotten blipped and he returns to Diamondback in control of Harlem, including his club.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Me too, but I feel like he'd have gotten blipped and he returns to Diamondback in control of Harlem, including his club.
    It's certainly possible, especially as it would leave to new show runner (if there ever is a new Luke Cage show) with their own blank slate.

Astonishing Member

The only thread from the previous DD series I'd like to see them pickup is Bullseye. That's such a cliffhanger that it would be a crime not to follow up on that. Same with Luke Cage. How can we not see how inheriting Harlem's Paradise turned out? Other than those two things, though, the shows can literally go anywhere. I honestly don't think they'll go out of there way to contradict anything from the previous shows. What I do think may happen is they'll move forward without necessarily feeling like they have to reference anything from the previous shows.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The only thread from the previous DD series I'd like to see them pickup is Bullseye. That's such a cliffhanger that it would be a crime not to follow up on that.
    Me too. I really wanted to see what would have happened in S4 between these two.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Me too. I really wanted to see what would have happened in S4 between these two.

One thing I loved about those Bullseye/DD fights is that how clear it was that (for the most part) DD was far superior in close quarters combat while Bullseye generally needed some distance to throw something to get the upper hand. I think it took awhile, but eventually Matt realized that he's not too shabby in the projectile department, himself, not to mention his ability to block them.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Default Disney + ‘Daredevil’ Revival Series

‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works at Marvel

The Man Without Fear is back as a series.

After several teases of characters from Netflix’s Daredevil show in its own content, Marvel Studios is finally moving forward with a Daredevil series for Disney+.

Matt Corman and Chris Ord have been tapped to write and exec produce a series that will be notable for being the first of the Netflix Marvel shows to get a new but continued series, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Prior to establishing their heroes on Disney+, Marvel’s TV arm, then run by Jeph Loeb, produced several gritty titles for Netflix under a wide-ranging deal. Those included Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, and Iron Fist. The series led to an Avengers-style event series, The Defenders.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I'm curious how they'll differentiate it from the Netflix version now that it's probably going to be more closer to the MCU.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how they'll differentiate it from the Netflix version now that it's probably going to be more closer to the MCU.
    The Netflix version wasn't unconnected to the MCU. 2012 Avengers was referenced, Roxxon Oil Corporation, etc. https://www.cbr.com/mcu-tv-movie-connections/

But I'm definitely hoping they try all they can to make it seem seamless from the Netflix version. They can connect it more to the current MCU, that's fine (as long as mostly retain the feeling this is a Daredevil-focused show), just don't try much to distance yourself from the Netflix version. Just the legal bare minimum of distance, if that's even needed.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-19-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”