Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oof. I need to rewatch DD...

Maybe this will be the Mark Waid run in relation to Netflix's Frank Miller.
    I am not at all opposed to that. I just think that some of the people who are expecting this to be like Netflix Daredevil are going to walk away disappointed.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Costumed Gladiator, even?
    The owl? The jester?(too much?)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am not at all opposed to that. I just think that some of the people who are expecting this to be like Netflix Daredevil are going to walk away disappointed.
    I'm expecting it to be lighter, but not ridiculously so. Probably similar to Moon Knight in overall tone. You have 6-8 years of time you can put between the Netflix episodes and the MCU "present day," so you can leave all of the Netflix stuff in place but still have a fairly different status quo.

I just hope we get follow up on Bullseye at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    The owl? The jester?(too much?)
    The Owl feels like a gimme. The elder Owlsley mentions his son Lee during S1, and he has reason to return to NYC, to be a criminal, and to have a mad on for DD. Plus, with getting closer to the MCU proper, they can probably give him powers pretty easily.

I'd also love to see Mr Fear, Gladiator in all his glory (plus the drama considering we know a bit about Melvin already), and I'm still holding out hope for a pyrokinetic Typhoid Mary. I thought the set up in Iron Fist S2 was decent for Mary Walker, but we never got to close the loop.

And the aforementioned Bullseye. This is the one thread I fear they won't follow up on that I think they desperately need to.

Just no more Hand, please. I'm so over the Hand in pretty much any medium.

I hope They bring back the man who played Froggy. He nailed it!
    Or Favreau could pop up as Happy for no reason... Maybe Matt is slightly concussed and calls him Foggy as he enters the room before realizing it's not him...

I fully expect a soft reboot, where any actors reprising their roles will play the same essential character, (like Fisk) but enough time will have passed that they will barely address events that happened during the Netflix show, and the new show will be more about moving forward.

I would love it if they did a "Mayor Fisk" storyline though. (maybe that's more of a season 2 story)

Extraordinary Member

For all the complaints about the OG series length, I fear that going to Disney's preferred 50 minute long, 6 episode season is going negatively effect much of what made the original series great.

No time for Villain centric episodes that allow the big name actor Marvel cast as a baddie to give his Emmy Bait performance.

Probably no time for those long single shot fight scenes, either.

Niffleheim

No more gritty atmosphere and dark hallways lol! the San Francisco sun is going to shine blindly bright on Matt.
    Last edited by Tofali; 05-20-2022 at 01:54 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

I mean people can say what they want about Moonknight. But it wasn't shiny hallways and colorful lights. The Netflix shows had a style very street level and down to earth. Which was cool and different for Marvel. But it had its flaws as well. I sort of wish somehow Marvel had room for both types of shows.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I am wondering if they will make this a bit more like a MCU type thing then the Daredevil Netflix. More Snark, a light weight super hero show with snark and action. Daredevil shows up, Quip, punch, Quip, explosion, quip, punch Daredevil leaves.
    Please god, for all that is holy, noooooo!!!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I mean people can say what they want about Moonknight. But it wasn't shiny hallways and colorful lights. The Netflix shows had a style very street level and down to earth. Which was cool and different for Marvel. But it had its flaws as well. I sort of wish somehow Marvel had room for both types of shows.
    So did the Disney+ shows Marvel stans see as flawless masterpieces.

The problem with the Netflix shows was it was too much talking not meny villains and to meny episodes they needed to cap those off at 6 episodes each.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post

Oh no doubt. No argument from me. Oddly and I am an outlier, to me the most entertaining marvel show from start to finish was Agents of Shield lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    The problem with the Netflix shows was it was too much talking not meny villains and to meny episodes they needed to cap those off at 6 episodes each.

Yea, they all had a plot, but they would take that plot and extend it for 13 hours. I don't know about 6 for those shows but 8 or 10 would have been fine.

I feel like the creators will probably feel challenged to do their own version of the hallway fight.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    particularly Moon Knight, I tried to watch it, It just didn't click with me. I was bored to tears watching it.

Oh no doubt. No argument from me. Oddly and I am an outlier, to me the most entertaining marvel show from start to finish was Agents of Shield lol.
    I personally prefer most of the Netflix shows to the Disney+ shows. I even liked season 2 of Iron Fist. Hell I remember even liking the underrated Cloak & Dagger and The Runaways (remember when people liked that comic??). But the crown jewel overall is still Daredevil imo, even the underrated second half of season 2.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

I feel like the creators will probably feel challenged to do their own version of the hallway fight.
    Please...

Don't get me started.