Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yep. MCU has more tonal variety and moral ambiguity than people give it credit for and they are moving towards including more adult action and humor in their content.

Since the MCU mimics the comics, this is going to be similar to when one writer finishes off their run and a different writer takes over.
    And just like the comics we get mixed-messaging and inconsistent mortal ethics. But I'm kind of curious what DD's stance on fighting criminals will be like now.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Nobody is saying that the shows were boring. And please refrain from dismissing any criticisms of a show you like as a result of the other person being on drugs.

Bruh, people on this VERY message board said so lol. They constantly came into the Netflix show's thread to say how boring they were. I'd argue that the shows appeal to different tastes from the main MCU stuff. But guess what, that's PERFECTLY FINE. The world is not going to end because a handful of shows out of DOZENS of other MCU projects decide to be grounded and gritty. Let us have this, sheesh.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Default New Daredevil Series on Disney+ coming

Yes, Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock is returning. Though it will take a while (2024 to be precise), I'm still excited as hell!

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/15...OIRttweMA&s=19

Please let everybody from the old cast return!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Eighteen episodes! Wow that’s a lot. Glad to see they’re committed to Charlie’s DD.

Incredible Member

Looks like he’s also showing up in She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Eighteen episodes! Wow that’s a lot. Glad to see they’re committed to Charlie’s DD.
    Where does it say 18 episodes?

I am hyped that it would be that many. I loved Netflix DD.

And I love they have a date for Fantastic Four. I didnt see a date for Xmen though.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    . I didnt see a date for Xmen though.
    My guess they are saving that for D23.

Astonishing Member

I'm kinda shocked at so many episodes. I hope they don't start doing filler episodes. You almost need 2 or more villains.

Netflix DD was my favorite Marvel superhero show. So I'm curious about it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-23-2022 at 09:34 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I'm kinda shocked at so many episodes. I hope they don't start doing filler episodes. You almost need 2 or more villains.
    I welcome filler episodes. Sometimes it's good to devote an episode to character development and world building

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I welcome filler episodes. Sometimes it's good to devote an episode to character development and world building
    I don't call that filler. Filler to me is more like some of the Arrowverse shows where they have to fill those 22 episode orders. And 5-6 of them are just unnecessary dragging the plot out

18 episodes? wow. that's a serious order. I hope they don't skimp on the budgets. 15 minute episodes?

TV shows used to be able to be episodic and also tell an overarching story rather than try to be a giant movie. I'm expecting we'll get more characterization with this rather than feeling rushed like Ms Marvel

Maybe they'll put more emphasis on the lawyering part of Matt's life so as to not break the budget with so many eps.

Astonishing Member

Well this show doesn't need the special effects work of some of the other Disney+ properties. The budget can go to the fight choreographers and sets!

Astonishing Member

I know people probably disagree with me. But I never felt Agents of Shield dragged things out. It was episodic at first which was fine I liked it. Then the seasons got shorter and focused on a specific plot. I never felt like they were dragging out anything. Now the Netflix shows I sure did feel that way.