Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looking at this week by week...

On sale June 1
    CLOBBERIN' TIME #1 (The good news is it's a Benjy team-up book although it's looking like a 100 page fight scene. Maybe there's more. I hope so.)

On sale June 8
    FANTASTIC FOUR #690 Slott has been looking like Reckoning War was a massive checking off of his FF bucket list. A conclusion, or a ten issue countdown to issue 700?)

On sale June 15
    MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE #1 (I like anthologies by many different creative teams. I'm also hoping for a variety of story tones as well.)

On sale June 22
    STRANGE #4 (Clea's starting to make her mark. It's nice Stephen left her the book in his will. )
    THE VARIANTS #1 (I'd like to see an "Orphan Jones" type story with the variant versions and a more down-to-Earth reaction to dopplegangers.)

On sale June 29
    A.X.E.: EVE OF JUDGMENT #1 (Kieron Gillen is making me buy this book.)
    THE MARVELS #12 (This has been a fine story so far ranging all over as promised. Is 12 the end, or just a breath catcher to make trade content easier to separate?)
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

THE MARVELS #12 (This has been a fine story so far ranging all over as promised. Is 12 the end, or just a breath catcher to make trade content easier to separate?)
    I too am really enjoying The Marvels. I love the history Busiek is coming up with here. This is a book I try to recommend to anyone I talk to in comic shops.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

FANTASTIC FOUR #690 Slott has been looking like Reckoning War was a massive checking off of his FF bucket list. A conclusion, or a ten issue countdown to issue 700?)
    I'm sure the run will end at issue 700. Just 10 issues on the aftermath of the Reckoning War and the rest of the unfinished storylines (Zora, Franklin, Reed's sister)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I too am really enjoying The Marvels. I love the history Busiek is coming up with here. This is a book I try to recommend to anyone I talk to in comic shops.
    I'm hoping that the TPB will come out soon after. I'd rather be able to read it in one volume.

I wonder if there's any Luke Cage content for June? I'd like for him to be brought back into the "traditional" Defenders to share adventures with those folks. Outside select adventures with Danny and the K'un L'un expatriates, he's scarcely ever dealt with supernatural or cosmic threats. It's a zone I'd like to see him more involved in.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Been reading and enjoying it as well. Granted, it started with me reading whatever Spider-Man and/or related characters were involved in, but on its own, it's been quite good. Not to mention, I am also a sucker for expanding on the unexplored or underexplored aspects of MU history.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm hoping that the TPB will come out soon after. I'd rather be able to read it in one volume.

I wonder if there's any Luke Cage content for June? I'd like for him to be brought back into the "traditional" Defenders to share adventures with those folks. Outside select adventures with Danny and the K'un L'un expatriates, he's scarcely ever dealt with supernatural or cosmic threats. It's a zone I'd like to see him more involved in.
    Funny enough, there is a TPB of the first six issues out already, but if you're waiting for a Complete Collection for the series . . .

And yeah, Luke Cage being thrown into the midst of a supernatural or cosmic threat could be fun, just for the whole "fish out of water" deal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I've been made paranoid by Marvel's inability to just come out and say "Series is cancelled!", but the Moon Knight solicit reads kind of like stealth "Last Issue" text.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Been reading and enjoying it as well. Granted, it started with me reading whatever Spider-Man and/or related characters were involved in, but on its own, it's been quite good. Not to mention, I am also a sucker for expanding on the unexplored or underexplored aspects of MU history.

Funny enough, there is a TPB of the first six issues out already, but if you're waiting for a Complete Collection for the series . .

I also started picking it up because Tony Stark/Iron Man is supposed to be a be a consequential part of it, but have also come to enjoy the newer characters as well. You're right about the trade as I picked it up to add to my collection. I have no idea if they will put the first 12 issues together.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-21-2022 at 02:33 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I also started picking it up because Tony Stark/Iron Man is supposed to be a be a consequential part of it, but have also come to enjoy the newer characters as well. You're right about the trade as I picked it up to add to my collection. I have know idea if they will put the first 12 issues together.
    If 12 is a conclusion, I think the complete set collection is a done deal. If the story goes on after 12, maybe.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Daredevil 01
    X-Men HFG 01
    New Mutants 27
    Immortal X-Men 04
    X-Men Red 04
    X-Men 12
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I've been made paranoid by Marvel's inability to just come out and say "Series is cancelled!", but the Moon Knight solicit reads kind of like stealth "Last Issue" text.
    Its one of Marvel's top sellers. I think its just the end of the current arc with Zodiac. New arc will start with issue 13.