Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman has the worst villains, or so the haters say.

I recently read an article saying that Superman has the worst villains, sadly it's a very common opinion among comic book fans, I think all Superman fans are tired of the nonsense that Superman has the worst villains, such Once in its entirety its villains are not the best, but its best villains are the basis of DC and the most important in the comics.

The villains are basically divided into 3 levels.

1: local threat.
    2: planetary threat.
    3: cosmic threat.

1: Lex along with the Joker are the most iconic of the comics (Dc/Marvel), but in the DC universe, Lex is the most important.
    2: the most iconic of the comics (Dc/Marvel) is Brainiac, the most important of DC.
    3: the most iconic until recently was Darkseid, without a doubt the most important of DC.

As you can see the Superman villains are not that bad. Superman has a lot of bad things, but his biggest villains are the biggest in the comic book world.

I hope this question doesn't offend you, I ask this out of mere curiosity. What age group are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I recently read an article saying that Superman has the worst villains, sadly it's a very common opinion among comic book fans, I think all Superman fans are tired of the nonsense that Superman has the worst villains, such Once in its entirety its villains are not the best, but its best villains are the basis of DC and the most important in the comics.

1: Lex along with the Joker are the most iconic of the comics (Dc/Marvel), but in the DC universe, Lex is the most important.
    2: the most iconic of the comics (Dc/Marvel) is Brainiac, the most important of DC.
    3: the most iconic until recently was Darkseid, without a doubt the most important of DC.

As you can see the Superman villains are not that bad. Superman has a lot of bad things, but his biggest villains are the biggest in the comic book world.
    Well for starters... let's make a list of them all.... wait, no, you need an entire encyclopedia for THAT.

The problem is representation. While I don't think it's true, Superman rogues do need to be revamped. At least some of them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I hope this question doesn't offend you, I ask this out of mere curiosity. What age group are you in?
    ____28 years____

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    The problem is representation. While I don't think it's true, Superman rogues do need to be revamped. At least some of them
    It is true that they need to be renewed, like all DC villains (except Batman), but for some reason they are the ones that get the most criticism. it's as if criticizing the Superverse was free.

It is true that they need to be renewed, like all DC villains (except Batman), but for some reason they are the ones that get the most criticism. it's as if criticizing the Superverse was free.
    I don't see people claiming Superman has the worst rogues gallery. Brainiac, Lex Luthor, General Zod, Metallo, Parasite, and Bizarro, Doomsday are all well known and have a solid reputation. I'm not sure where you get this idea from.

I don't see people claiming Superman has the worst rogues gallery. Brainiac, Lex Luthor, General Zod, Metallo, Parasite, and Bizarro, Doomsday are all well known and have a solid reputation. I'm not sure where you get this idea from.
    I must admit that was my own reaction when I saw this thread: I’ve never actually seen anybody claim that Superman has the worst villains gallery.

Though…obviously accept point that most fans believe there are a few even stronger ones.

Not sure where that comes from either.

Oh, I'm sure that someone, somewhere, at some time, said that. But it's hardly a common opinion.
    Power with Girl is better.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

...I've never heard that before.

I feel like I just don't have the same interests as they do. Superman has some of the most threatening and most powerful opponents in the DCU.

Meanwhile, Batman has the most popular rogues but his are the least threatening of everyone's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I feel like I just don't have the same interests as they do. Superman has some of the most threatening and most powerful opponents in the DCU.

Meanwhile, Batman has the most popular rogues but his are the least threatening of everyone's.
    Supes also has Toyman. A guy with no powers, and a fondness for toy themed weapons that aren't usually even super-tech.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I must admit that was my own reaction when I saw this thread: I’ve never actually seen anybody claim that Superman has the worst villains gallery.

Though…obviously accept point that most fans believe there are a few even stronger ones.
    Exactly.

Superman has some of the more iconic villains in comics.

I’ve never heard that as a criticism.

BANNED

Um, id argue Dr. Doom gives Lex a run for his money or outright surpasses him in sheer entertainment value as "The" iconic Supervillian. I even say more comic fans love Doom more than Luthor as a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodj View Post
    Um, id argue Dr. Doom gives Lex a run for his money or outright surpasses him in sheer entertainment value as "The" iconic Supervillian. I even say more comic fans love Doom more than Luthor as a character.
    Lol. You are funny.