Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I heard that WB wanted to replace her with Emilia Clarke. I would be perfectly fine with that
    Emilia Clarke as a redhead...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I heard that WB wanted to replace her with Emilia Clarke. I would be perfectly fine with that
    Might be an issue with that, as Clarke was cast in Secret Wars. Not saying she can't be in Marvel and DC properties at the same time, but it might not work out scheduling-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Might be an issue with that, as Clarke was cast in Secret Wars. Not saying she can't be in Marvel and DC properties at the same time, but it might not work out scheduling-wise.
    She's supposed to be playing Veranke so chances are she'll be dead by the end of it.

BANNED

The latest Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom test screenings are happening this month. The latest cut that was screened on June 8th reportedly had over half an hour of Amber featured.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The latest Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom test screenings are happening this month. The latest cut that was screened on June 8th reportedly had over half an hour of Amber featured.
    "Release the Heard Cut."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    As for Dolphin -- no!
    Yes! I love Dolphin, she's one of my favourite comic characters.

She was basically underwater eye candy.
    Have you read the "Crown of Thorns" arc and the arcs that followed it? Because I assure you Dolphin is far more than "underwater eye candy."

I think Dolphin's great too. Just not as a love interest for Arthur.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Dolphin's great too.
    Thanks.

Just not as a love interest for Arthur.
    I agree. Mera is "the one" for Aquaman, no argument there. But I don't want Dolphin to be left out entirely. It's okay to have several women as important characters.

Extraordinary Member

I think Dolphin's great too. Just not as a love interest for Arthur.
    But for Garth…..

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But for Garth…..
    Oh yeah, I'm good with that! I saw the way he looked at her in his practical cameo in YJ.

I think the easiest route they could go would just to swap out Mera for Dolphin or some other love interest. Honestly, they would probably love the opportunity to mix in diversity or whatever.

But it would all depend on whether they're even going to make a 3rd movie anyway... DC seems to be changing course every other month, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I think the easiest route they could go would just to swap out Mera for Dolphin or some other love interest. Honestly, they would probably love the opportunity to mix in diversity or whatever.

But it would all depend on whether they're even going to make a 3rd movie anyway... DC seems to be changing course every other month, so we'll see.
    I'd rather not see them try to push Dolphin as a love interest again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post

Have you read the "Crown of Thorns" arc and the arcs that followed it? Because I assure you Dolphin is far more than "underwater eye candy."
    It's been years since I read PAD's Aquaman, and nothing about Dolphin stands out in my memory. I didn't mind her at the time, but I was missing Mera -- who seemed to be another victim of DC's desire to erase or irrevocably damage girlfriends/love interests of its Silver Age heroes. Peter David admitted online that he was getting ready to bring Mera back into the series when it got cancelled.

I wonder whatever happened to the first artist of that series -- Marty Engeland, I think. He was very talented and then disappeared.

Incredible Member

It's been years since I read PAD's Aquaman, and nothing about Dolphin stands out in my memory.
    That's why I asked if you've read Dan Abnett's run, specifically the "Crown of Thorns" and following arcs. That was when she really came into her own.

I didn't mind her at the time, but I was missing Mera -- who seemed to be another victim of DC's desire to erase or irrevocably damage girlfriends/love interests of its Silver Age heroes.
    I hear you. Like I've said before I don't deny Mera is "the one" for Aquaman.