Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

There's nothing more I hated back in the day when I'd get a comic, the cover is beautiful and then the inside is just a mess.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    There's nothing more I hated back in the day when I'd get a comic, the cover is beautiful and then the inside is just a mess.

What's even worse is when you get a book with a gorgeous cover by someone like Terry Dodson and then inside, the regular-sized interior is drawn by 3 different artists none of which are the cover artist or even have a style similar to the cover artist. You mean they couldn't even get the cover artist to draw 8 interior pages? Sigh....
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    A cover artist that can almost always persuade me to buy a comic is Ben Oliver. (I got all of his Jimmy Olsen variants.) He very rarely does interiors. The last one I'm sure I remember was The Just from Multiversity.
    Yeah Ben Oliver is great!

I would add Julian Totino Tedesco as well. Cover art is straight up awesome.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That's one thing I hate about all these "pinup" variants. Oh, a beautiful Derrick Chew cover for Harley Quinn, then the interior is garbage (I don't like Risso).

Though I do buy the cover I like the best nowadays, I like the past when the interior artist was the cover artist and it had something to do with the story.

Some of these pinup artists though, not sure if they are any good at visual story telling or not because they've never done interiors.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-