Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default The Wonder Family General Thread 2022

I know we had the Appreciation Thread in 2021, I dont think it made it through to 2022 so...here we are. The good, the bad, the wonder.

Going back over the 2006 relaunch....so refreshing! Cassie/Donna were so present in the beginning.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 03-20-2022 at 08:31 PM.

I see that New Teen Titans flashback is miscoloured! Did they think Changeling was just a random bird flying past? He's coloured blue instead of green!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope with the trial comics we get to see more of the people wonder family together

I know how it's supposed to work or feel, with all of them being magic Amazon's, ..but, it feels a little boring to me. In the Golden Age, Queen Desira was a proxy for Q. Hippolyta - Diana's Venusian ally, who wasn't an Amazon. Is she the onlyone?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-23-2022 at 12:22 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Spectacular Member

Queen Desira is a supporting cast member,and a superhero family is composed of others Superheroes who are closely associated with the main one,in this case Wonder Woman

I still find these amusing since... in a weird magical way, Deva is Diana's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Love these two! Where/what issue are they from?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Love these two! Where/what issue are they from?
    Wonder Woman #756 & #757

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Queen Desira is a supporting cast member,and a superhero family is composed of others Superheroes who are closely associated with the main one,in this case Wonder Woman
    Clearly, you haven't read those G-Age stories, featuring Desira. If you had, you would know she was more, than a supporting character. Queen Desira was a super-powered ally and extended family to Queen Hippolyta and the Amazon's.

Has anyone seen the marvelous diversity in the Superman and Batman families - the heroes, who don't wear the brand, but are editorially included in the families? Huntress, Steel, Golden Guardian, Gangbuster, Mon-El, Catwoman, Azrael, Harley Quinn...?

So, yes - Desira, the Golden Age Wonder Woman, the Olympian (Achilles) and Perez's heroic Hercules, ALL, should totally be there.

Superhero families have traditionally included costumed allies, who show up to help in a fight or for a crisis, from within in a given hero's mythos. I think that's how it should work...what fans expect.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-23-2022 at 10:49 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I know how it's supposed to work or feel, with all of them being magic Amazon's, ..but, it feels a little boring to me. In the Golden Age, Queen Desira was a proxy for Q. Hippolyta - Diana's Venusian ally, who wasn't an Amazon. Is she the onlyone?
    Im not sure what you mean by this question. Do you mean like how Queen Clea was a dark mirror of Hippolyta?
    Or more like how Queen Astra ruled her amazonian people and likewise worshipped Aphrodite?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Woman #756 & #757
    Thank you my friend! Diana and Donna look so good together here.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Im not sure what you mean by this question. Do you mean like how Queen Clea was a dark mirror of Hippolyta?
    Or more like how Queen Astra ruled her amazonian people and likewise worshipped Aphrodite?
    Queen Desira actually joined a couple of the Golden Age adventures, as an ally. Clea was a dark mirror of Hippolyta, and I don't think Astra appeared more, than once. There's the difference.

At this point, my favorite WW family members are Diana, Etta, Hippolyta and Siguror, ..and in that order.

Well twice really. She didn't appear in as many stories as Desira, but she did team up with Diana to punch baddies just as often.