Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Speaking of healing factors, I remember one time the Hulk was cut open really bad and he had to put his hand over the wound to keep his insides in. His skinregrew over where he had his hand and he had to rip it back out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Also applies to any of the dozen or so characters who 'stop time,' ranging from Kang to mutants like Tempus, Tempo, Kiden Nixon, Sway, Lacuna, Timeslip, etc.

If they *actually* stopped time in a localized area, that area would fly off of the planet at the speed which A) the planet is rotating, B) the speed the planet is spinning round the sun, C) the speed the solar system is spiralling through the galaxy, D) the speed the galaxy is hurtling through space! (Quite possibly four different vectors and velocities! And if the time-stopped area is on the side of the planet facing towards it's direction of rotation around the sun, the area would plunge straight down into the core of the planet and out the other side, causing unimaginable devastation.)

Plus it would get super-dark in that area, since no light would leave it. Kang would be all like, "Hah, time freeze! Oh brilliant, now I can't see what's going on in that area, affect anything in that area (since any attack stops moving when it hits the edge of the area, making everyone I time-froze effectively invulnerable), and they can't even hear me monologuing, since sound won't travel into the time-stopped area..."
    I remember one novel where it had a method of killing someone where you used a localized time distortion to speed up PART but only PART of their body. It functionally cut off circulation. Not fully, but your heart determines how fast blood moves, and if the limb is half speed, then the blood moves at double speed compared to the limb, painful but not a big problem(at 2x anyways, it gets worse at 4x, but not deadly). But the opposite... having your blood flow at 1/2 or 1/4th speed? In the book, one guy loses an arm because time was sped up to make his arm age 4x faster than the rest of his body.... catch was that it was also akin to having 1/4 the normal rate of blood flow in that arm. Or maybe it was faster than that? not 100% sure. It's been a few years. But yeah, the problem nearly killed him since his arm became gangrenous before he was able to get medical attention. The story basically says that if it was your head... you'd just die.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Also applies to any of the dozen or so characters who 'stop time,' ranging from Kang to mutants like Tempus, Tempo, Kiden Nixon, Sway, Lacuna, Timeslip, etc.

If they *actually* stopped time in a localized area, that area would fly off of the planet at the speed which A) the planet is rotating, B) the speed the planet is spinning round the sun, C) the speed the solar system is spiralling through the galaxy, D) the speed the galaxy is hurtling through space! (Quite possibly four different vectors and velocities! And if the time-stopped area is on the side of the planet facing towards it's direction of rotation around the sun, the area would plunge straight down into the core of the planet and out the other side, causing unimaginable devastation.)

Plus it would get super-dark in that area, since no light would leave it. Kang would be all like, "Hah, time freeze! Oh brilliant, now I can't see what's going on in that area, affect anything in that area (since any attack stops moving when it hits the edge of the area, making everyone I time-froze effectively invulnerable), and they can't even hear me monologuing, since sound won't travel into the time-stopped area..."
    Considering that the multiverse is linked to an almost infinite number of divergent realities, all of it spinning in a form of synchronism, you'd think that stopping Time would be like trying to anchor an oil tanker in a hurricane using only a thumbtack and twine. Whomever attempted it would be ripped completely out of existence. You don't need to master Newtonian physics to know that stunt wouldn't end well.