Thread: The Witcher IV

Default The Witcher IV

https://www.cbr.com/cd-projekt-red-n...-announcement/

There's fairly little detail apart from the announcement, but I'm guessing that the series's newfound audience thanks to the Netflix show probably influenced it.

Just hope it doesn't end up like Cyberpunk.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ciri better be the lead

Wonder what ending they'll follow up on, and if some of the changes the Netflix show made will have any impact on the storyline (Then again, the Netflix second season seemed to follow the games's visuals much closer).

In particular I'm kind of curious if they'll change Dandelion's name to Jaskier.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder what ending they'll follow up on, and if some of the changes the Netflix show made will have any impact on the storyline (Then again, the Netflix second season seemed to follow the games's visuals much closer).

In particular I'm kind of curious if they'll change Dandelion's name to Jaskier.
    The game series served as a sequel to the books. Netflix series is an adaptation of the books I don't expect it to have a huge impact. I want Geralt to stay retired. Blood and wine gave him the perfect ending.

Don't think I'm aboard for this, as I never even finished the last one. Level gating is a really in-your-face artificial ARPG mechanic, and The Witcher 3 is pretty much all level-gating. Hopefully they have learned how to better support player agency since then.

The thing that has me a bit worried is the move to the unreal engine, because that suggests they don't have enough devs that have been with the company long enough to effectively use the REDengine anymore.

Of course that could also be a positive as a lot of ex employees say the REDengine was a nightmare to work with
    Last edited by Hiromi; 03-25-2022 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The thing that has me a bit worried is the move to the unreal engine, because that suggests they don't have enough devs that have been with the company long enough to effectively use the REDengine anymore.

Of course that could also be a positive as a lot of ex employees say the REDengine was a nightmare to work with
    It's the latter. Red engine caused a lot of problems when developing Cyberpunk. They likely don't want a repeat of that and are trying to play it safe by going with unreal. It's an engine that just about every game developer knows how to use.