Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shin Ultraman

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Movie is already released today.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Will this get released in the US?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Will this get released in the US?
    I think the US Ultraman team is working on something.

Movie sounds nuts. Can't wait to see it!

(Same for Shin Kamen Rider!)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the US Ultraman team is working on something.
    One of the moderators of www.ultramanconnection.com showed up in a thread about it on Twitter. He said that an international release is being planned, but he can't say any more. But he said to sign up for an account at Ultraman Connection and join the discord (I'm guessing that's where more information will be released in the future.

That's all I've got.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Default Shin Ultraman No.1 In Japanese Box Office (Surpasses Shin Godzilla)

The cinematic reboot of Japan's silver giant superhero is dominating the Japanese box office.

Anno and Higuchi's Shin Ultraman Stomps Shin Godzilla in Its 1st 3 Days at JP Box Office
    Shin Ultraman is also the highest-grossing Ultraman work of all-time

Daryl Harding
    May 16, 2022 10:08am EET (2 hours ago)

Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi's Shin Ultraman took its Specium Ray to the Japanese box office this weekend, and all the box office's of not only the previous films in the Ultra series but to Shin Godzilla as well, grossing more in its first three days than every other entry in the Ultra series and moreso than Shin Godzilla made in the same time frame.

Over the first three days in Japanese theaters, Shin Ultraman brought in 993,410,050 yen (US$7.68 million) on the back of 641,802 tickets sold. This total is more than the total box office of the 2008 Superior Ultraman 8 Brothers film at 838 million yen, which to this point was the highest-grossing Ultra series film in theaters. Shin Ultraman's first three-day was also higher than that of the previous tokusatsu "Shin" film helmed by Hideaki Anno and Shinji Higuchi, Shin Godzilla, which made 825 million yen over its first three days in Japanese theaters.

While Shin Ultraman has made more than Shin Godzilla at this moment, it may be that super hero special effects film may be more frontloaded than it's kaiju friend, which, like Godzilla itself, the legs on the film were strong, pushing it further than expected when it released in 2016. This was also helped in the fact that the fanbase for Godzilla is much more mainstream than Ultraman.

It'll take a little longer to formulate a more reliable prediction for where Shin Ultraman will finish its box office run as it closes out its first week and goes into its second weekend
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-jp-box-office
    Last edited by BBally; 05-16-2022 at 04:32 AM.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

That's pretty awesome .

Ultraman needed a boost like this!

Hope for a US run.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

I really like the trailer.

Can't wait to see it. I hope it gets a theatrical run here in the states!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ultraman needed a boost like this!

Hope for a US run.
    Did it need a boost? I thought it was doing pretty well. It still has a new series every year in Japan. And for the first time in decades, it's managed to develop some presence in North America, even if it's mostly in fandom circles. But hey, what do I know?

Anyway, a guy on Twitter who said he was a moderator on www.ultramanconnection.com said there were plans for an international release and to sign that website and their discord. Though, it was Twitter, so maybe he was just some guy blowing smoke.

Incredible Member

ultraman is also the tourist ambassador for singapore. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Did it need a boost? I thought it was doing pretty well. It still has a new series every year in Japan. And for the first time in decades, it's managed to develop some presence in North America, even if it's mostly in fandom circles. But hey, what do I know?
    They've come a long way since the yearly shows came back in 2013. They've been building the franchise back up since then; the shows and toylines have been increasingly successful, but are targeted at kids. Tsuburaya wants to appeal to wider and wider audiences and internationally. Thats why they've made Shin Ultraman (and are planning sequels) and that's why Netflix and ILM are making an American Ultraman animated film.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    They've come a long way since the yearly shows came back in 2013. They've been building the franchise back up since then; the shows and toylines have been increasingly successful, but are targeted at kids. Tsuburaya wants to appeal to wider and wider audiences and internationally. Thats why they've made Shin Ultraman (and are planning sequels) and that's why Netflix and ILM are making an American Ultraman animated film.
    Okay, so all this is part of their revitalization plan. I'm guessing the Mill Creek Entertainment blu-rays and DVDs as well as the merch that's been popping up in the U.S. (Funko Pop!s, Mego figures, Marvel comics, a pinball machine, etc.) are also part of this.