Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default BETTY BRANT's Pregnancy

Whatever happened to Betty Brant and child? I can't believe that Ned Leeds came back from the dead. I never thought that Betty would have a child with Ned Leeds.

Nick Spencer left not long after, Peter went into a coma, and Ben Reilly took over as Spider-Man for a time. We haven't seen Betty or Ned in a while.

This plot is for Zeb Wells to continue.

I do hope this plot continues soon, I'm very curious about it.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

The whole Ned Leeds thing was weird.

Mighty Member

Might be good if we get a satellite title that Ned and Betty can feature in - doesn't really look like we'll be seeing them in Wells' run (at least from what's solicited).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Might be good if we get a satellite title that Ned and Betty can feature in - doesn't really look like we'll be seeing them in Wells' run (at least from what's solicited).
    Couldn't agree more. Would LOVE to see some sort of reaction from Agent Venom/Flash Thompson (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Whatever happened to Betty Brant and child? I can't believe that Ned Leeds came back from the dead. I never thought that Betty would have a child with Ned Leeds.

uh. how do we know that Ned is even the father? What about Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    uh. how do we know that Ned is even the father? What about Flash?
    he was suppose to be dead during this time no?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Perhaps this Betty Brant is a clone, who hooked up with the Ned Leeds clone. I really can't see the original Betty Brant ever carrying a child from either Ned or Flash.

Perhaps this Betty Brant is a clone, who hooked up with the Ned Leeds clone. I really can't see the original Betty Brant ever carrying a child from either Ned or Flash.
    I hope not. I hate Ned's death in Spider-Man vs. Wolverine. That's why I'm glad Spencer resurrected him. And I don't want clone retcons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I hope not. I hate Ned's death in Spider-Man vs. Wolverine. That's why I'm glad Spencer resurrected him. And I don't want clone retcons.
    Ned wasn't particularly nice towards Betty. Or Flash for that matter. This is a problem that Marvel has these days of recycling the same stories and characters over and over again within the same Editorial office, which segregates to what was told in past stories.

BANNED

When Ned last appeared, he had a sinister smile about him, so it was obvious Spencer was going to turn him heel at some point. The guy has the goblin serum pumped into him after all.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I agree lmfao

Ned wasn't particularly nice towards Betty. Or Flash for that matter. This is a problem that Marvel has these days of recycling the same stories and characters over and over again within the same Editorial office, which segregates to what was told in past stories.
    Was their relationship terrible before Ned was brainwashed? We also do not know about their relationship in Europe. Either way, that doesn't mean he's a clone. I don't want a story where Ned's clone/Chameleon tricked Betty and raped her.

edit: We don't even know if Ned is a villain or who he works for. I have a theory that he worked for Norman because at the time, only Norman and his henchmen knew about the goblin's serum's abilities.
    Last edited by Kanos; 03-22-2022 at 04:37 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Was their relationship terrible before Ned was brainwashed? We also do not know about their relationship in Europe. Either way, that doesn't mean he's a clone. I don't want a story where Ned's clone/Chameleon tricked Betty and raped her.

edit: We don't even know if Ned is a villain or who he works for. I have a theory that he worked for Norman because at the time, only Norman and his henchmen knew about the goblin's serum's abilities.
    I think Spencer heavily implied that Ned was working for an Osborn (maybe more than one). I'm inclined to think he worked with AI Harry at least for a bit, but it's not for sure. Timing wise, Norman would have been the only option when Ned first "died."
    Blue text denotes sarcasm