Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I miss seeing Betty as Peter's love interest...

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    You and Marv Wolfman should form a club, as you're probably only two people who think that.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    When Ned last appeared, he had a sinister smile about him, so it was obvious Spencer was going to turn him heel at some point. The guy has the goblin serum pumped into him after all.
    I'm afraid I missed something here, wasn't it a major plot point to the Hobgoblin retcon that Ned DIDN'T have the Goblin serum, thus why he was taken out so easily when framed?

Well, with the 6 month time jump at this point she should definitely have the baby already lol.

Maybe motherhood will bring the kind of stability and responsibility that Betty needs in her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Well, with the 6 month time jump at this point she should definitely have the baby already lol.
    Well, unless it turns out to be a "Bonnie Swanson situation"

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-15-2022 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Hmm, yeah, she was pregnant when the show started and only had the baby in season 7!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The Hobgoblin story this year will probably revisit them. There's no way Ned isn't involved in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Never really liked it much myself, but I think that was more to do with the writing than it being an inherently bad idea.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Never really liked it much myself, but I think that was more to do with the writing than it being an inherently bad idea.
    TBH, it didn't matter to me either way. I just thought they were fun together

Mary Jane aside, I’m totally down for Betty as Peter’s love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]TBH, it didn't matter to me either way. I just thought they were fun together
    I was more thinking of the original Lee/Ditko issues, which haven't aged as well as other stuff has (while I'd argue that the plots and ideas are generally good, Lee did not write good dialogue and the female characters in general were a lot flatter in general; even Gwen and Mary Jane become more rounded years after the fact). The old issues had way too much drama and misunderstanding to be "fun," IMHO. Heck, the only point I really found the relationship interesting was they had a brief affair during the disintegration of Betty's marriage; neither of them may have come out of that on the high ground (and the writing decisions of how Peter ended things did not age at all), but it showed more complex interactions and the characters dealing with important stuff.

As I said before, I think it all comes down to the writing. While it's probably too late to try and make Betty a viable option at this point (given how MJ has been "the one" for so long the eggs can't be unscrambled), on paper it could've all worked, esp. if Betty had started taking on reporter jobs and what not (kinda like how the recent video game franchise has been getting a lot of mileage out of MJ being a reporter and so able to play more of a role in the Spider-Man side of Peter's life).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Wonder if they'll have her and her kid at least make a cameo of Ned does ever show up again

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I was more thinking of the original Lee/Ditko issues, which haven't aged as well as other stuff has (while I'd argue that the plots and ideas are generally good, Lee did not write good dialogue and the female characters in general were a lot flatter in general; even Gwen and Mary Jane become more rounded years after the fact). The old issues had way too much drama and misunderstanding to be "fun," IMHO. Heck, the only point I really found the relationship interesting was they had a brief affair during the disintegration of Betty's marriage; neither of them may have come out of that on the high ground (and the writing decisions of how Peter ended things did not age at all), but it showed more complex interactions and the characters dealing with important stuff.

As I said before, I think it all comes down to the writing. While it's probably too late to try and make Betty a viable option at this point (given how MJ has been "the one" for so long the eggs can't be unscrambled), on paper it could've all worked, esp. if Betty had started taking on reporter jobs and what not (kinda like how the recent video game franchise has been getting a lot of mileage out of MJ being a reporter and so able to play more of a role in the Spider-Man side of Peter's life).
    Oh, yeah! Now you're talking. Those early issues can be kinda rough, but I definitely see where you're coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Wonder if they'll have her and her kid at least make a cameo of Ned does ever show up again
    Another kid hope we don’t have another normie Osborn situation again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy