Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm not necessarily excited about it but I'm interested. I'm gonna give it a shot.

Astonishing Member

I'm excited about idea of the new gods and gl having a cross over. I'm excited Soule is taking charge of the event.
    However, I'm not excited about Venditti's writing. I'm not excited that Hal is being treated like a second class citizen, appearing only in 1 book.

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    No, it's not, it's at least two months long. There's "GODHEAD: Act 1" in October and then "GODHEAD: Act 2" in November. And I suppose there's (at least) an Act 3 in December.
    Source? All I've seen is that it takes up October.

Astonishing Member

A 3 act structure is pretty standard.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Source? All I've seen is that it takes up October.
    DC's November 2014 Solicitations:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54927

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    Cheers. Didn't even realise the November solicits had been released.

BANNED

I think I'm going to check it out. It gives me the time to get more familiar with the New Gods because I don't know anything about them. I remember Orion and Lightray from the DCAU csrtoons but that's it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'm interested, but I'm waiting for the trades. I can't really afford to get anything more than the main GL title right now.

I'm super excited about Godhead.

I'm new to the DC universe, and love Infinity Man and the Forever People, really enjoyed Orion in Wonder Woman, so I'm eagerly looking forward to delving deeper into the New Gods mythos.
    WHO DAT?!!

Astonishing Member

I have little interest in the Lantern books outside of the rare issue or two but I've recently started reading through the various Fourth World stories from various points in DC's publication. I'll likely just jump into this to see what's going on and compare it to what I'm currently reading.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Okay, so it's pretty apparent I seem to be the only person in the entire world who's actually excited for Godhead. Yeah, I'm excited for it. Green Lantern vs New Gods? Emotional Spectrum and the Source Wall? Sign me on the dotted line immediately. I pick up all five Green Lantern books anyway precisely for this reason, so it's not like it's going to grab more money out of me.

Godhead is one month. Godhead and GL one week, GLC the next, New Guardians week after that, then Red Lanterns and Sinestro close out the last week.

If there's one thing to be said about Venditti's reign on the franchise, it's that he keeps the big event crossovers tight and to the point, begun and resolved within a month. Every issue is used to maximum efficiency. The only problem I had with Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern, other than the fact that they took 8 months to resolve, was that most of it was unnecessary. New Guardians and Red Lanterns were almost completely superfluous to the story actually being told in the main Green Lantern title. Venditti on the other hand makes sure everything counts and there's no filler. Lights Out was great because it was short and to the point.
    You aren't the only one. Probably the vast majority of GL fans and/or New Gods fans are looking forward to it. And if you are a New Gods fan there isn't usually much to look forward to as they seem to show up here and there every few years with nothing else. The question was just asked in the wrong place for positivity, the CBR message board where DC fans (?) congregate to gripe about everything DC does

Astonishing Member

No. Venditti's GL is at best mediocre, and this sounds like it's borrowing the Fourth World trappings for some generic sci-fi/fantasy story about collecting all the rings.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is just a general thing that I've noticed over time, but why do people think Venditti doesn't understand how the rings work? Aside from the limited light resource (which doesn't, to my knowledge, contradict anything that came before), the only thing I can think of is Nol-Anj harnessing a Sapphire ring because over her love for her clan. I always thought the Sapphire rings being empowered by romantic/lust based love was stupid, so I have no problem with that change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    No. Venditti's GL is at best mediocre, and this sounds like it's borrowing the Fourth World trappings for some generic sci-fi/fantasy story about collecting all the rings.
    Yeah, really. I'm also concerned with the sort of damage this might end up doing to the New Gods, considering from what I'm seeing, they're putting forward Highfather as some old bastard obsessed with destroying Darkseid at any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Yeah, really. I'm also concerned with the sort of damage this might end up doing to the New Gods, considering from what I'm seeing, they're putting forward Highfather as some old bastard obsessed with destroying Darkseid at any cost.
    Is Highfather maybe related to the constipated and shriveled sour-puss prunes the Guardians of the Universe?