Default A question about Batman Eternal (from a Tim Drake fan)

Hello everyone,

After lurking around in this forum I decided to join the forums. I am a semi new reader (+- 4 years) and I read 98% Batman! However, ever since reading the pre-crisis Morrison run I've found myself becoming a huge fan of Tim Drake. I don't want to run into spoilers hence the question here:

For a Tim Drake fan, is Batman Eternal good atm? And what are your opinions on the Teen Titans (n52) runs?

Thanks!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Tim is being handled pretty well in Batman Eternal and he feels pretty much like his pre-reboot self there. The same can't be said for Tim in either the previous or current N52 runs of the Teen Titans. Lobdell's run was a mess and Pfiefer's current on isn't much better IMHO though it is admittedly better than Lobdell's. My advice to you would be to just read all three and make your own decision.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Tim is being handled pretty well in Batman Eternal and he feels pretty much like his pre-reboot self there. The same can't be said for Tim in either the previous or current N52 runs of the Teen Titans. Lobdell's run was a mess and Pfiefer's current on isn't much better IMHO though it is admittedly better than Lobdell's. My advice to you would be to just read all three and make your own decision.
    Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I never really started TT because of the atmosphere, I'm not a big fan of teams (atleast not as main books). I loved RR's search for Bruce. So I guess I'll pick some Batman Eternal up!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I never really started TT because of the atmosphere, I'm not a big fan of teams (atleast not as main books). I loved RR's search for Bruce. So I guess I'll pick some Batman Eternal up!
    You're welcome if there's any other advice you'd like feel free to ask.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Eternal is good, and worth reading on its own, but Tim isn't in it much.

Extraordinary Member

Eternal is very good, and Tim is written well, but yeah, he's not a major feature as of yet. I will say that I got déjà vu during most of his scenes with Harper Rowe. It reads like they accidentally separated Stephanie Brown into two people. Tim's doing his Spoiler doesn't belong out in the big leagues schtick, but with Harper instead.

Still better than Teen Titans, though.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I agree, what we've seen in Eternal is the return of Tim Drake's character/personality! I'm loving it.

EDIT: Welcome aboard, Batmil! Also, if you're going to start Eternal, you really need every issue. Although it jumps around, all the stories should interlace at some point.
    Last edited by exile001; 09-02-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Eternal is excellent, Tenn Titans... Not so much. You should also take a peak at New 52: Future's End.