Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jeezus, the kid has an almost comedically brutal origin story. If Ra’s was only going to use him for parts, why did he sadistically torture him for so long? He’s evil but that seems out of character.

it totally makes sense that Ra’s (and every other super villain) would want to get his hands on the super soldier serum. I think Williamson did a good job of explaining why Respawn exists. There’s some shock value involved but it works with the overarching story of Damien’s creation, reminds us why they didn’t continue to make Damien clones, and connects Deathstroke to Talia and the LoS (which is something DC has been trying to do for some time).

I think it’s funny/sad how horribly botched Red X was handled over in Titans Academy. Having his identity end up being Slade and Talia’s kid would have been a huge reveal. Unfortunately for them, it was used on a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The issue reminds me why I don't care for Rose, she 's always shocked at Slade being Slade, she should know better.
    Having a sliver of faith in her father will always be Rose’s “kryptonite”. Slade is a sociopath who kills people for money, but he has done noble things in the past. Rose tries to cling to that. I guess we can blame DC editorial for contrasty changing Deathstroke’s allegiances. It’s messing with Rose’s head!
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-22-2022 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Having a sliver of faith in her father will always be Rose’s “kryptonite”. Slade is a sociopath who kills people for money, but he has done noble things in the past. Rose tries to cling to that. I guess we can blame DC editorial for contrasty changing Deathstroke’s allegiances. It’s messing with Rose’s head!
    And he's the only parent she has left.

Rose getting jobbed again,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Jeezus, the kid has an almost comedically brutal origin story. If Ra’s was only going to use him for parts, why did he sadistically torture him for so long? He’s evil but that seems out of character.

it totally makes sense that Ra’s (and every other super villain) would want to get his hands on the super soldier serum. I think Williamson did a good job of explaining why Respawn exists. There’s some shock value involved but it works with the overarching story of Damien’s creation, reminds us why they didn’t continue to make Damien clones, and connects Deathstroke to Talia and the LoS (which is something DC has been trying to do for some time).

I think it’s funny/sad how horribly botched Red X was handled over in Titans Academy. Having his identity end up being Slade and Talia’s kid would have been a huge reveal. Unfortunately for them, it was used on a different character.

Red X is most likely Grant Wilson, though how he revived remains a mystery for now.

DC never changed Slade's allegiances, he was always out for himself. They try to pretend he's more noble or misunderstood than he actually is.
    Last edited by king81992; 03-23-2022 at 05:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And he's the only parent she has left.
    Hence the titans and their found family thing
    Although I understand she never truly fit in with that bunch
    She is more like Damian and Jason, outsiders who follow their own rules.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    Rose getting jobbed again,
    She let her guard down, also they took away her power, which I have to give her props
    Now I wonder if she would be have won if she had her future sight

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    he was at his worst with Tara and Rose too tanya was arguable.

Anyway This books has been bore for me up until now. I mostly liked Black carny art, too bad she is not here now, becasue this book is suddenly intresting, now that its supporting Robin. Next month is gonna be fun
    I realize it was just a typo, but I would read the heck out of a book about "Black Carny."

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I remember saying I needed to catch up on Robin before this and someone said nah, it's all good.

Oh boy.

EDIT: Wait are those six idiots at the end still working together?
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-23-2022 at 11:42 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I remember saying I needed to catch up on Robin before this and someone said nah, it's all good.

Oh boy.

EDIT: Wait are those six idiots at the end still working together?
    In fairness you just needed to know a few broad strokes prior going into this, all this Respawn stuff about his past and connection to Ra’s wasn’t even in the Robin book.

And yes they are, which is always a bad idea.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I hope the "Deathstoke Year One" flashback arc after Shadow War is the story of Grant and his death, rather than how Slade gets the super soldier or something. It's an important event for a bunch of people's motivations, and it could stand to be nailed down a bit.