Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deathstroke Inc. #7 Spoiler/Discussions

I say Deathstroke Inc. #7 but really this should be called Robin #11.5, because really what this issue is all about Williamson explaining his robin series to potential Deathstroke readers not reading that book and explaining who Respawn is and how he fits into all of this. It's a lot about family, and not just Deathstroke's family who we get referenced considering Rose is in this issue and how self-destructive it all is. Also I suppose I should give some fair warning, probably because some people might not be to comfortable with some stuff once we get into Respawn's life story.

Oh and Black Canary is not in this issue at all, so if you were picking this up for her then you are out of luck. This is all slade as he gets ready for Shadow War and Dark Crisis.

So anyway a bit of mix-match recap: Last issue of Deathstroke Slade took over the Secret Society of Supervillains and their bat-tech, so he has an army and weapons to back it up. But Last issue of Robin the lazarus tournament, a bloody fight to the death with a resurrection system, came to an end and combatants went home. Rose Wilson was in this tournament and found Respawn, a teenager wearing a knock-off Deathstroke suit. Well Rose saw Respawn's face and immediately decided to bring Respawn to Slade which leads us to this issue where Respawn is finally revealed. But that is all going in one big spoiler box.

spoilers:
    So Slade immediately attacks annoyed because he think Respawn is Damian in a knock-off Ravanger outfit. And he's close because when Slade takes off the mask we see that apparently Respawn looks like Damian with a bit of Slade mixed in there.

And from there things get DARK. Because Respawn is technically Damian Wayne's brother, or more correctly modified duplicate. Ra's Al Ghul used Deathstroke's Blood and put it into one of the clone Damian's creating Respawn. Ra's then kept Respawn locked up and uses him for spare parts for Damian. There is literally a scene we see of Respawn clearly awake on an operating table as they take an organ out to use for a wounded Damian. And because of Slade's healing factor Respawn would just grow it back.

He later escaped, by chewing his arm off by the way, and made his way to the Island in the Robin series leading us to now. So that is who Respawn is, the tortured modified duplicate of Damian Wayne with a little bit of Slade mixed in.
    end of spoilers

And after hearing all the gruesome details that is Respawn's life, Slade makes a decision....he basically adopts Respawn right there and then. Proclaiming him as his son and that he won't let people hurt him again.

Which ticks off Rose because Slade gave up retiring to be with his family for his current Status Quo, but Slade wants it all. The Family, Grant, and the Power he's holding. Oh yeah and maybe there is a reference that Slade is aware of the Great Darkness coming in Dark Crisis and that's why he is doing all this, but I have a feeling it's all personal for Slade especially if you consider his New Teen Titans origins.

But as they get ready to fight Respawn sides with Slade and throws Rose out a window. Looks like all Respawn wanted was an evil father who would be proud of him and maybe play catch. But no seriously Respawn is now working with Deathstroke as his son and sidekick. Edit: Rose is not Dead, Slade flat out says all Respawn did was make her angry.

Oh yeah there was one more thing, and it has to do with Dark Crisis.
    spoilers:
    Apparently the Legion of Doom (Sinestro, Grodd, Joker, Black Manta, Cheetah, and Luthor) are still all together and very concerned with the fact that Deathstroke took over TRUST and that Lex is playing the waiting game to see what happens.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-22-2022 at 08:31 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Rose can't catch a break.

I wonder what Grant Morrison would feel about Respawn's origin.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Did they whitewash Rose? Again? She has her New 52 origin back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Bet Priest is loving it.

This issue was brutal. loved it.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Williamson said he's talked to Morrison about his plans just last week in a interview, so I imagine they are ok with what's happening with this and the multiverse plans.

Astonishing Member

The issue reminds me why I don't care for Rose, she 's always shocked at Slade being Slade, she should know better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I say Deathstroke Inc. #7 but really this should be called Robin #11.5, because really what this issue is all about Williamson explaining his robin series to potential Deathstroke readers not reading that book and explaining who Respawn is and how he fits into all of this. It's a lot about family, and not just Deathstroke's family who we get referenced considering Rose is in this issue and how self-destructive it all is. Also I suppose I should give some fair warning, probably because some people might not be to comfortable with some stuff once we get into Respawn's life story.

Oh and Black Canary is not in this issue at all, so if you were picking this up for her then you are out of luck. This is all slade as he gets ready for Shadow War and Dark Crisis.

So anyway a bit of mix-match recap: Last issue of Deathstroke Slade took over the Secret Society of Supervillains and their bat-tech, so he has an army and weapons to back it up. But Last issue of Robin the lazarus tournament, a bloody fight to the death with a resurrection system, came to an end and combatants went home. Rose Wilson was in this tournament and found Respawn, a teenager wearing a knock-off Deathstroke suit. Well Rose saw Respawn's face and immediately decided to bring Respawn to Slade which leads us to this issue where Respawn is finally revealed. But that is all going in one big spoiler box.

spoilers:
    So Slade immediately attacks annoyed because he think Respawn is Damian in a knock-off Ravanger outfit. And he's close because when Slade takes off the mask we see that apparently Respawn looks like Damian with a bit of Slade mixed in there.

And from there things get DARK. Because Respawn is technically Damian Wayne's brother, or more correctly modified duplicate. Ra's Al Ghul used Deathstroke's Blood and put it into one of the clone Damian's creating Respawn. Ra's then kept Respawn locked up and uses him for spare parts for Damian. There is literally a scene we see of Respawn clearly awake on an operating table as they take an organ out to use for a wounded Damian. And because of Slade's healing factor Respawn would just grow it back.

He later escaped, by chewing his arm off by the way, and made his way to the Island in the Robin series leading us to now. So that is who Respawn is, the tortured modified duplicate of Damian Wayne with a little bit of Slade mixed in.
    end of spoilers

And after hearing all the gruesome details that is Respawn's life, Slade makes a decision....he basically adopts Respawn right there and then. Proclaiming him as his son and that he won't let people hurt him again.

Which ticks off Rose because Slade gave up retiring to be with his family for his current Status Quo, but Slade wants it all. The Family, Grant, and the Power he's holding. Oh yeah and maybe there is a reference that Slade is aware of the Great Darkness coming in Dark Crisis and that's why he is doing all this, but I have a feeling it's all personal for Slade especially if you consider his New Teen Titans origins.

But as they get ready to fight Respawn sides with Slade and throws Rose out a window. Looks like all Respawn wanted was an evil father who would be proud of him and maybe play catch. But no seriously Respawn is now working with Deathstroke as his son and sidekick. Edit: Rose is not Dead, Slade flat out says all Respawn did was make her angry.

Oh yeah there was one more thing, and it has to do with Dark Crisis.
    spoilers:
    Apparently the Legion of Doom (Sinestro, Grodd, Joker, Black Manta, Cheetah, and Luthor) are still all together and very concerned with the fact that Deathstroke took over TRUST and that Lex is playing the waiting game to see what happens.
    end of spoilers
    Slade is a true clown and hypocrite, he likes the idea of having a family, but sees no problem with abusing or using them as pawns when he sees fit. Grant's death was due to Slade's parenting or lack of it.

Respawn will learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Slade is a true clown and hypocrite, he likes the idea of having a family, but sees no problem with abusing or using them as pawns when he sees fit. Grant's death was due to Slade's parenting or lack of it.

I mean what more could Slade do to the kid, the guy was born to be spare part factory for Damian and only managed to escape by chewing his own arm off only to wind up in a tournament to the death. All Slade can do is disappoint him at this point.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post

Well, that and Grant being an idiot (although I guess that partially comes down to raising or lack there of).

I mean what more could Slade do to the kid, the guy was born to be spare part factory for Damian and only managed to escape by chewing his own arm off only to wind up in a tournament to the death. All Slade can do is disappoint him at this point.
    After giving him hope and a taste of what he never imagined he'd ever have/could have.

That disappointment could arguably be more devastating to respawn than torture he's endured up till now.

I doubt they would have any problem with it. They gave Damian a brother already, this is just another one. Kinda curious at what the long term plan is for Respawn because he is definitely going to be the one to kill Ra’s in Shadow War, and I’m sure Damian will fight him again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt they would have any problem with it. They gave Damian a brother already, this is just another one. Kinda curious at what the long term plan is for Respawn because he is definitely going to be the one to kill Ra’s in Shadow War, and I’m sure Damian will fight him again.
    Deathstroke needed a Robin so he got a literal clone son version of one .

Huh, thinking on it:

Dick - Jericho

Jason - Grant

Tim - Rose

Damian - Respawn

Extraordinary Member

he weill do what he alway does when he latches onto a child

rose
    tanya
    tara

poor kid

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    he weill do what he alway does when he latches onto a child

rose
    tanya
    tara

poor kid

Way I see it with those cases Slade was trying to be a better person, more hero then Anti if you catch my drift.

But Respawn is joining up at Slade’s worse, when he’s going full blown villain with an army at his disposal.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Way I see it with those cases Slade was trying to be a better person, more hero then Anti if you catch my drift.

But Respawn is joining up at Slade’s worse, when he’s going full blown villain with an army at his disposal.
    he was at his worst with Tara and Rose too tanya was arguable.

Anyway This books has been bore for me up until now. I mostly liked Black carny art, too bad she is not here now, becasue this book is suddenly intresting, now that its supporting Robin. Next month is gonna be fun