Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would love to see a more traditional version of the Doom Patrol show up more in the DCU. loved seeing them in Waid’s World’s Finest but I know it will be short lived.
    I’d like that too. I loved Morrison’s (often imitated) take on the team, but I’m more than happy w. a more straightforward version that calls back to the Morrison (and Arcudi, Young Animal, Giffen & Clark) era on occasion. One thing the DP’s many short lived series has given them is a lot to work w. for the right creative team.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

My fear? That DC have learned nothing over the last 20 years and deliver yet another 'event' that has no end, but simply leads us into the NEXT great 'event'.
    My wish? That we FINALLY get 2 Flash books - one centred on Barry, the other on Wally. I truly believe the market can sustain it and the readers are there. I'd also wish that DC go back to embracing their history instead of trying to erase it
    My prediction? That my fear becomes real and my wish remains unfulfilled.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’d like that too. I loved Morrison’s (often imitated) take on the team, but I’m more than happy w. a more straightforward version that calls back to the Morrison (and Arcudi, Young Animal, Giffen & Clark) era on occasion. One thing the DP’s many short lived series has given them is a lot to work w. for the right creative team.
    Yeah, Morrison’s run is one of my favorite comics of all time but I miss seeing the Doom Patrol interact with other DCU characters.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

As always, I just want good comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I'd like to see the current crop stay around once the "real" heroes show back up. I've enjoyed Jon, Yara and the others, and I'd like to see their stories continue even if they aren't in the "main" roles anymore. I don't want to see them kicked to the curb like the Young Justice generation were.

I want JSA anything. Just something at this point.

Also, Taylor to say on Nightwing. It's easily the best book DC has going at the moment.
    Even if it is like JSA ALL STARS?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I have no fear, just yawn and the others
    Yawn:
    The Great Darkness is not the final boss, there is someone stronger behind him for the next Crisis, and if it's just Darkseid absorbing Great Dark power for his own, the yawn's gonna be bigger
    Wish:
    1. Someone will actually pitch a Titans book that will not be about Academy, Trigon, Deathstroke, Blackfire, Evil Donna Troy, or Brother Blood, and if they do that's not even a fear, that's just business as usual, so gosh this is the tallest wish, because Simone revealed that it wasn't just Didio that thinks Titans are second to League (therefore they won't put any effort into them to change that)
    2. Make. More. Mini Series. or. Elseworld. You got the Omniverse. Use it more. We do got Dark Knight of Steel, Justice Saurus, DC vs Vampires, but I'm thinking more a look back to previous era like the SuperBat book, set during Batman Dick and Robin Damian for example, or heck, make another SMWW book. Use that Earth Archives.
    3. Actually age up the Young Justice group to college age, none of this are they still 17 crap.
    4. A JSA book. I'm not that interested but they've been delaying it long enough.
    Predictions:
    1. They're still not gonna be able to figure out what to do with Young Justice
    2. Justice League will still be a Trinity plus plus book. They moved WW to JLD last time so one of the Trinity out is not out of the question, but I kinda wanna see they do the classic JSA, where Bruce and Clark is popular enough they're not allowed in anymore
    I actually kinda don't mind if Clark and Diana keep their solo while Jon and Yara is in the League. Though I wanna try Tim, Conner and Cassie instead, since Jon's solo seems pretty popular and Conner need to regain fans first. A JL book can help that. Maybe.
    I think the ultra big bad is the Shattered God

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I don't think Aquaman will be relaunched, the new series just started. Agree on the others.
    Isn't Aquamen just a mini?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

My prediction: They'll still ignore the JSA like they never existed and treat them like pariahs.

The upcoming Dark Crisis will last 7 (monthly?) issues... what do you think, wish or fear will happen to your favorite franchise or the DCU as a whole after the event?

Kal-El will return to Earth and Barry Allen will come back in time for his live action movie and their series will be relaunched with a new #1?

Do you expect a new direction for DC Comics? And what it'll be about?

Discuss.
    Both of these are definitely happening but I think Action will remain Clark’s book while Jon keeps being the only ongoing book with the Superman title. Of course as Digi points out, that they gave Jon’s book a subtitle means they can always relaunch Superman with a new #1 if they want to. I wouldn’t want Waid on it unless it was a book set in the past like Batman/Superman, then I’d be interested. Otherwise he’s simply too attached to the past to be the one with the creative vision to push Superman forward imo, if there is a new Superman relaunch I’d give PKJ the “main” book again to get more eyes on what he’s doing.

Anyway my hopes is that the next JL will star the new generation and the old guard will take a backseat for a while, we’ll get another GL or a GLC book that’s a team book of Hal, Jess, Kyle, Guy, and Simon while GL proper remains John’s domain (Jo can just be the JL GL), Barry will definitely be back in time for the movie but I hope we can have two Flash books, and I’d like to see JLD get relaunched again.

My fears are that JL will just go back to the old guard, Dark Crisis will be another boring ass exercise in continuity clean up and tease the GREATER Darkness at the end threatening to eat the Omniverse or whatever, and DC will just keep dumping out more Bat books while the lesser properties continue to die on the vine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Isn't Aquamen just a mini?
    It’s supposed to be an ongoing but sales are mediocre so it may not last long.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    My prediction: They'll still ignore the JSA like they never existed and treat them like pariahs.
    I am pretty sure Pariah is the main antagonist in this series...So are you saying JSA gets their own mini?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s supposed to be an ongoing but sales are mediocre so it may not last long.
    Aquamen sales seem to be lower than mediocre-
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...k-white-cover/

I kind of wish to have more good team books. YJ are getting a book, and I hope Titans would also get one.
    It seems like most characters right now can't have a decent selling solo, so good team books are probobly the best way to allow many characters to appear on a monthly basis.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    My fear? That DC have learned nothing over the last 20 years and deliver yet another 'event' that has no end, but simply leads us into the NEXT great 'event'.
    I'm sure this is what will happen again... and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both of these are definitely happening but I think Action will remain Clark’s book while Jon keeps being the only ongoing book with the Superman title. Of course as Digi points out, that they gave Jon’s book a subtitle means they can always relaunch Superman with a new #1 if they want to. I wouldn’t want Waid on it unless it was a book set in the past like Batman/Superman, then I’d be interested. Otherwise he’s simply too attached to the past to be the one with the creative vision to push Superman forward imo, if there is a new Superman relaunch I’d give PKJ the “main” book again to get more eyes on what he’s doing.
    I can't think other names to relaunch Superman. Williamson perhaps? Is Pak interested to go back on the character?

Anyway my hopes is that the next JL will star the new generation and the old guard will take a backseat for a while, we’ll get another GL or a GLC book that’s a team book of Hal, Jess, Kyle, Guy, and Simon while GL proper remains John’s domain (Jo can just be the JL GL), Barry will definitely be back in time for the movie but I hope we can have two Flash books, and I’d like to see JLD get relaunched again.

My fears are that JL will just go back to the old guard, Dark Crisis will be another boring ass exercise in continuity clean up and tease the GREATER Darkness at the end threatening to eat the Omniverse or whatever, and DC will just keep dumping out more Bat books while the lesser properties continue to die on the vine.
    I'm sure the old guard will be back at the end of Dark Crisis. I can see the JL book being relaunched with a multi-generational team but just the new gen.? Nope.

My wishes:

For The Superman titles: If they are completely bent on not aging Jon back down, he can keep his book, but give Superman both Action and a Superman relaunch. PKJ can stay on one, and bring in a writer that both respects who Supes is but can drive him and his characters into the future. Wouldn’t mind restoring the secret ID

Batman: less Bruce books, more ancillary titles. We got Nightwing and Robin. We got a Batgirls book. Bring back Birds of Prey.

WonderWoman: streamlining her corner would be best. Diana should stay primary focus, but use the others.

GL: Give is a few books here, kinda like how Johns handled things

Flash: Two titles. Wally in the present, Barry in the future.

Other titles: At least 3 JL books. One for the big guns, a secondary title focusing on characters like Ollie, Firestorm, etc that could lead to minis or new titles and a JLDark.
    A Teen Titans book for the young Gen (like Jon, Damien etc) and a Titans book for the Nightwing Gen
    A JSA, Outsiders and give us some anthologies for B and C listers
    There are a few suggestions of mine.

I'm sure this is what will happen again... and again...

I can't think other names to relaunch Superman. Williamson perhaps? Is Pak interested to go back on the character?
    Williamson or Taylor will probably be on the relaunched JL book, but Williamson will probably do a Superman run at some point. Pak does have more Superman stories in him but no way would DC give him the book again. Shame because I’d like to see him bring back some of his ideas from his Action run.
    I'm sure the old guard will be back at the end of Dark Crisis. I can see the JL book being relaunched with a multi-generational team but just the new gen.? Nope.
    We’ll see, maybe they’ll do two JL teams.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Wishes? I'd want a JSA series with a classic line-up. A Power Girl solo...and perhaps a bit more inclusion for her in the Superman Family. More and this time in continuity JLI stuff. A new REBELS title with a version of Vril Dox that ignores the past 15 years or so. A Dr. Fate mini, a Doc Midnite (Pieter), mini, and an Alan Scott mini. A Captain Atom solo.