Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Do we ever count Ryu (and Rachel) feats in Ninja Gaiden (and sequels)? I'm thinking that Dead or Alive stays in the SF/Tekken/KOF range, but that's probably the best place for feats that I could think of.
    Not sure how canon Ninja Gaiden is to the series. If it is, sure, which does change things somewhat. Without those feats, I would downgrade it below the SF/Tekken/KOF range, due to...well, nothing in it on the same level as the feats in those games, outside of Ayane's powered up attack and occasionally Ryu cutting down futuristic fighting vehicles with a sword or blowing them up with a Ki attack, as I recall.

Above Virtua Fighter, but not exactly into the range where EVERYONE is pulling off the stuff that their best characters can maybe do once in a while. ^_^ If that makes sense.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Going by what I've seen this comes down to Darkstalker vs Guilty Gear with everyone else wondering why they bothered showing up.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Remove DS and GG. Who’s top dog than?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Remove DS and GG. Who’s top dog than?
    It's a tossup between Tekken and Street Fighter.

Akuma has better offensive feats, like sinking an island, splitting Ayer's Rock, clearing a forest with a ki surge, kicking a ship in half after jumping up from the ocean floor, and killing M Bison.

However, Heihachi has better durability feats, like getting tossed off a cliff and surviving, fighting Kazuya and Jin in a free-for all (though he was the weakest until he did something silly with Mokujin).

Street Fighter's high end has more clout in the lore (ie; messy ABC logic stuff, "Charlie can stand his ground with Bison, therefore he is probably stronger than Chun-Li", "Oro fought Akuma to a draw") based on statements, but Tekken has more concrete feats, like seeing Heihachi getting blown up and he just shows up in the next game and fights Devil Kazuya near a volcano their fight caused to erupt.

Though, Akuma crossing over in Tekken 7 might be canon, in which he fought both Heihachi and Kazuya, but the winner was not decisive to keep up the hype while protecting both franchises. At the very least the marketing machine books them on the level, one supposes.

Tekken also had both Kazuya and Akuma recovered pretty quickly from an orbital laser blowing up the building they were fighting on. Sometime later, Kazuaya brought down the satellite it shot from with his own laser attack...from Earth lol.

When Akuma fought Kazuya at the Volcano, they had a beam clash that caused several volcanic eruptions...but like Gen said, there was no winner shown, so we don't know the aftermath of that.

Don't know if any of these examples helped, they're mostly from memory...but I thought they were amusing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not sure how canon Ninja Gaiden is to the series. If it is, sure, which does change things somewhat. Without those feats, I would downgrade it below the SF/Tekken/KOF range, due to...well, nothing in it on the same level as the feats in those games, outside of Ayane's powered up attack and occasionally Ryu cutting down futuristic fighting vehicles with a sword or blowing them up with a Ki attack, as I recall.

Above Virtua Fighter, but not exactly into the range where EVERYONE is pulling off the stuff that their best characters can maybe do once in a while. ^_^ If that makes sense.
    Team Ninja's official stance is that they take place in the same continuity, with the new and original NG trilogies series chronologically taking place before the Dead Or Alive series (sans NG3, which occurs well within Dead or Alive's timeline).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!