View Poll Results: Final thoughts on X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine now that is it done?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was extremely terrible and Percy should be thrown into the pit for it

16 14.95%
  • It was bad and underwhelming

35 32.71%
  • It was decent but didn't deserve to be an entire event that paused the X-books line

28 26.17%
  • Good enough as a filler arc to buy time for the Destiny of X launch

5 4.67%
  • It was good

14 13.08%
  • It was amazing! Great world building and great way to usher in the Destiny of X

9 8.41%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I read X Lives as well to catch up and that's even more like something from the X-Men Green pocket dimension of crazy. I kind of feel like they needed something to fill a few weeks for the relaunch and it was Percy's turn to be locked in a room with nothing but whiskey and bar snacks to live on until he had produced an "event" - they didn't even let him off writing his regular books in the lead up to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Outside the Moira stuff It doubt these will have a major impact on the future books.
    yep, i'm not having faith on tis story impacting the entire line besides villain Moira, it was mostly a X-force/Wolverine event

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I read X Lives as well to catch up and that's even more like something from the X-Men Green pocket dimension of crazy. I kind of feel like they needed something to fill a few weeks for the relaunch and it was Percy's turn to be locked in a room with nothing but whiskey and bar snacks to live on until he had produced an "event" - they didn't even let him off writing his regular books in the lead up to this!
    Writers aren't being edited, the stories are crazy on the worse way possible
    Last edited by Writerblog; 03-23-2022 at 08:46 AM.

Orchis is getting quite crowded and all the x-villains are kinda the same...

...Isn't the new Omega Sentinel already quite similar to Moira's new stick and design? Evil sentinel from kinda the future?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Orchis is getting quite crowded and all the x-villains are kinda the same...

...Isn't the new Omega Sentinel already quite similar to Moira's new stick and design? Evil sentinel from kinda the future?
    Both former non-mutant allies of the X-men as well

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    I'm glad I only ever read Hickman's issues. I did try the first 1-2 issues of each series and in hindsight I'm glad I saved all that money and headache. As incomplete and sometimes frustrating as Hickman's run was, the rest of the X line (except SWORD) just screamed mediocre, to me, and has apparently not amounted to much of consequence anyway.

I'll come back in from the cold with Ewing and Gillen's books.

God bless all of you for jumping on these grenades the last couple years so I didn't have to.
    And this is lowkey why i feel this event exists. It was pimped as the culmination of hickman run and it absolutely wasn't. But if it was best for you i'm glad you avoided some of the best x-stories and it's best status quo in over a decade. ^_^

another misfire, or backfire.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Both former non-mutant allies of the X-men as well
    Really this brings me to something that I’m really hating about the Krakoa era. Here we have former friends and allies of the X-Men becoming this and the X-Men just shrug their shoulders and act with total I difference towards them without even attempting to appeal to their relationship. Meanwhile former mutant villains they’ll party with at the bar and give them power in their nation for no other reason than because they’re mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelfan1992 View Post
    Final thoughts on X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine now that is it done?
    It was meh deaths is where all the quality was at. Even got wolverine tending and everything.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And this is lowkey why i feel this event exists. It was pimped as the culmination of hickman run and it absolutely wasn't. But if it was best for you i'm glad you avoided some of the best x-stories and it's best status quo in over a decade. ^_^

another misfire, or backfire.
    It helps that although X-men is my favorite comic and Wolverine is my favorite comics character, I don't have "brand loyalty". I'll drop anything after just one issue if I don't think it's good. And then there's the stuff that's obviously not going to be good, like Trial of Magneto. That one I didn't even buy the first issue, because the premise and creative team did not fill me with confidence. Why would it? What made people think, y'know what, I think they're gonna nail it with this one. After reading the issue summaries here I'm glad I avoided it.

I wish more people would not-buy to the end anything that they didn't fully enjoy in the first couple issues. None of this misplaced loyalty or completionism or holding out hope that it'll get better. Largely, it never does. The only way Marvel learns is if you vote with your wallet.

Alas... bring on Gillen! (whose original run I hope gets the omni treatment).

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Lol They softly rebooted the entirety if x line and they were still other x books out there coming every week
    I don't know why you are bothered by people giving their opinions on this... you literally just said cbr likes to spite nd that this is moot, and now you all bothered that they are saying they dont like what you like as much as you do?

Make it make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I Mean Moira was there too.

Mystique was there also.

for me a better suited name could be "Live and deaths of X" or something like that.

Not a bad event but not a perfect also. Kinda House of M excluding the finale.
    It could have been a moira solo, I think wolverine was added to that book so it will sell. But deaths was to me at least the better of the two by light years and it was mostly thanks to moira and her shenanigans.

Cant wait for her swan song.

It helps that although X-men is my favorite comic and Wolverine is my favorite comics character, I don't have "brand loyalty". I'll drop anything after just one issue if I don't think it's good. And then there's the stuff that's obviously not going to be good, like Trial of Magneto. That one I didn't even buy the first issue, because the premise and creative team did not fill me with confidence. Why would it? What made people think, y'know what, I think they're gonna nail it with this one. After reading the issue summaries here I'm glad I avoided it.

I wish more people would not-buy to the end anything that they didn't fully enjoy in the first couple issues. None of this misplaced loyalty or completionism or holding out hope that it'll get better. Largely, it never does. The only way Marvel learns is if you vote with your wallet.

Alas... bring on Gillen! (whose original run I hope gets the omni treatment).
    Which i agree we all should do.

But to pimp this as the culmination to the last few years of Hickman run or give it any more credence than just the continution of the stories with X-force and Wolverine (have read those) have not lives or deaths, is beyond disingenuous. And for people to link the two as one having to do with the others discredits the good work of the other writers. And i just want to state as an observation i hope this doesn't become a case where it is pretended wolverine and x-force are the only books to survive "hickman era" because they were the only things that "sold" when in fact everything else was stopped and it gives wolverine the benefit of his "relaunch" starting off of a 10 issue, 10 week release that saw him never leave the shelves and other books are essentially starting cold.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm glad I only ever read Hickman's issues. I did try the first 1-2 issues of each series and in hindsight I'm glad I saved all that money and headache. As incomplete and sometimes frustrating as Hickman's run was, the rest of the X line (except SWORD) just screamed mediocre, to me, and has apparently not amounted to much of consequence anyway.

I'll come back in from the cold with Ewing and Gillen's books.

God bless all of you for jumping on these grenades the last couple years so I didn't have to.
    No because you are right. I feel like the entire krakoan concept is what is carrying the x books. And this event or solo or whatever made it very painfully obvious how mediocre the whole story telling process is from the xoffice.
    There have a few good ones though for me hellions and sword were the best. I loved the concept of xfactor but that didnt get to finish sooo it ended mediocre with an even more mediocre event.

Inferno really was meh for me too.

Somewhere between it was bad/underwhelming and it was decent but didn't deserve to be an entire event. I chose to be more gracious and give it the second opinion, but honestly it was just "okay". Not good, not horrible (except for XLOW 4 IMO), just kind of there. (Everywhere and everywhen too, per the story).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Which i agree we all should do.

But to pimp this as the culmination to the last few years of Hickman run or give it any more credence than just the continution of the stories with X-force and Wolverine (have read those) have not lives or deaths, is beyond disingenuous. And for people to link the two as one having to do with the others discredits the good work of the other writers. And i just want to state as an observation i hope this doesn't become a case where it is pretended wolverine and x-force are the only books to survive "hickman era" because they were the only things that "sold" when in fact everything else was stopped and it gives wolverine the benefit of his "relaunch" starting off of a 10 issue, 10 week release that saw him never leave the shelves and other books are essentially starting cold.
    I hear you and agree.
    For me, honestly, Wolverine as a solo title has been forgettable since Death of Wolverine. Because then the side minis happened (some of which were good but none of them amounted to anything other than leading into All new Wolverine which was excellent) and then the Return mini was a bit ho-hum, followed by... I don't even know what that was with Logan running around with an Infinity stone, followed by Percy. So Aaron was largely the last time Logan was a good read. Cornell, whom I otherwise love, did not bring it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    No because you are right. I feel like the entire krakoan concept is what is carrying the x books. And this event or solo or whatever made it very painfully obvious how mediocre the whole story telling process is from the xoffice.
    There have a few good ones though for me hellions and sword were the best. I loved the concept of xfactor but that didnt get to finish sooo it ended mediocre with an even more mediocre event.

Inferno really was meh for me too.
    Oops I forgot Hellions. I read the first trade of that and liked it, and I've been meaning to go back ever since. There's an OHC coming out, I believe; will wait for that.