View Poll Results: Final thoughts on X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine now that is it done?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was extremely terrible and Percy should be thrown into the pit for it

16 14.95%
  • It was bad and underwhelming

35 32.71%
  • It was decent but didn't deserve to be an entire event that paused the X-books line

28 26.17%
  • Good enough as a filler arc to buy time for the Destiny of X launch

5 4.67%
  • It was good

14 13.08%
  • It was amazing! Great world building and great way to usher in the Destiny of X

9 8.41%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jv565 View Post
    What's the point of her hunting down mutants? Like, I don't understand. Is she just so pissed off because she felt like they turned on her after she did a complete 180 in terms of her goals. She wanted to SAVE mutants, to SAVE the people. Even if she thought depowering the entire species was the best way to keep them safe, I could understand that line of thinking, but she shouldn't just want to hunt them all down and kill them. Even villains have motivations.
    The problem is Percy wanted pull a Hickman and do this story within a story thing where all of this grand stuff happened and that makes this thing much more important. Really he should have just skipped the time travel stuff. Had Moira being hunted by Mystique and Wolverine, throw in a bit more X-Force getting in the way and Moira interacting with more people from her past, have her come back to repower herself spouting off some stuff that made her more sympathetic, and then have her killed only to reveal that she had been working on some sort of machine backup that only triggered because she died without her powers.

Astonishing Member

I think it’s pretty clear that with a Nimrod and an Omega Sentinel they just wanted a new Bastion to complete the Sentinel Trifecta. I swear we will get another Master Mold next.

My head cannon is still that the QC is keeping this secret until we get some kind of confirmation they are doing otherwise. Revealing that Krakoa was created by a lunatic who first tried to deactivate everyone’s X-genes and probably will soon show up trying to kill them all is probably going to make some mutants give the QC the side eye wondering if the entire island is just a Friend’s of Humanitt honeypot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It kinda amazes me how a single story can get me interested in where they’re going with a character (Moira) only to kill it completely when they nuke their character to Hell and just make them another mustache twirling villain. Krakoa’s done a number on the X-Men’s rogues gallery when they keep turning old allies into villains.
    That is likely why Moira turned heel. Literally all their villains have turned good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    That is likely why Moira turned heel. Literally all their villains have turned good.
    Quotes around "Good"

I'm not even talking about the explicitly still evil ones like Sinister, Apocalypse is a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Soooo..., according to Beast, Wolverine is a "vicious killer", but Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Mystique, Destiny, Magneto, Exodus, Shaw and Emma Frost are "high minded and ideology-driven..."
    Yeah... I liked this story a lot, but that part was very cringeworthy.

Stones and glass houses, Hank.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think Moira-X is a better plot device than Moira of old ever was, however she isn't a character she has no attachments to any of her history and her motivations are at the whims of whatever writer using her at the moment. Someone asked before what was better Moira staying dead or Moira-X one if not the most important (former)mutant in the X-men proper!
    Was old Moira a plot device? Other than being a top scientist.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

It boggles my mind that this wasn't advertised more as a direct follow up to INFERNO.

Marvel kept saying this was HOX/POX part duex, instead it's literally issues #5 - 10 of INFERNO.

Fantastic Member

Basically unreadable and proof of two things. Percy can't write the X-Men and Wolverine isn't interesting enough to carry a story on his own.

It was exactly what I feared it would be. A mediocre Wolverine focused event that didn’t do much and had multiple inconsistencies/plot holes that weren’t properly adressed. It also took away everything that made the Moira retcon interesting and worth anything and made her yet another genocidally mutant hating villain, as if we don’t have enough of those already. Hard to imagine that this was Hickman’s original plan though if it was then it’s good that he’s gone. Disappointed that they disrupted a majority of the whole line for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was old Moira a plot device? Other than being a top scientist.
    I don't know how anyone could call old Moira a plot device. She was a consistent fully realized character with too much longevity in the medium to ever be called a plot device. You didn't have to find her interesting, but a plot device she was not imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I still don't understand the character Moira and her motivations...sorry, I hope one day a author will make her motivations—evil or not—more understandable...

I personally think that no author really understands her powers. Not even Hickman gets it. lol they should have taken more time and explain what she really does (traveling her consciousness back in time when she dies and, thus, start a new alternative timeline, I guess?) maybe then her change into absolute evilness would make more sense?
    This is all I have to say

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is all I have to say

I very much agree about the pointless absurdity of it all...but just to be fair, it was Destiny's return that has revealed Moira's real intentions...she was forced into it...

...maybe we are lucky and a smart writer will continue this plot and give her a better archenemy plot and development in the future. She obviously had a god complex....

Astonishing Member

Even if it is Hickman, that doesn't mean it's especially great plot wise. Its still kind of a mess overall and X deaths kind made the convoluted nature of it worse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    The problem is Percy wanted pull a Hickman and do this story within a story thing where all of this grand stuff happened and that makes this thing much more important. Really he should have just skipped the time travel stuff. Had Moira being hunted by Mystique and Wolverine, throw in a bit more X-Force getting in the way and Moira interacting with more people from her past, have her come back to repower herself spouting off some stuff that made her more sympathetic, and then have her killed only to reveal that she had been working on some sort of machine backup that only triggered because she died without her powers.
    I don't mind Moira being a villain, but for crying out loud another Robot? Of all the possibilities available the writers have added onto Nimrod and OS with another robot.It would be way more rewarding if Moira was say using all her knowledge of the future to ask the guy she shared the mini info with to build her either a stasis device like she had in life 9 to put her on ice as he seeks a cure and then in the future reveal she got enhanced to homo Novissima level and so she sent back OS to maybe do a mind transfer to her directly. Such a missed opportunity.She could have been turned into a female version of Richard Palance to stave off the cancer by absorbing mutant abilities through some 'homeostatic' device.She could even perhaps develop a time machine or force a mutant with time travel abilities not yet on Krakoa(through Destiny diaries) to take her back to enter as a test subject in the novel Ecuador vault to be revealed as Madre..Seriously of all possibilities another robot..smh