Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    The bit where Percy has Sage and Beast pay tribute to his Mary Sue (“he’s a loose cannon but he gets results!”) was like something out of Decker.
    In the end, force wins... Stabbing shit is what saves the world.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

They say that now...wait till Logan accidentally stab something Paste Pot Peter is treated and has to be stuck with is claws trapped in glue.

Amazing Member

Moira was an awesome retcon that Hickman was never able to capitalize on after HoX/PoX. Such a shame.

Evil Moira is a great concept but how we got that character development has been fucking atrocious. Such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    In the end, force wins... Stabbing shit is what saves the world.
    That part was so bad. The more people keep bringing it up the more it lowers my enjoyment of the event overall. Ha.

I mean, it was so f'ing cheesy. Percy couldn't just stick the landing. He had to sprinkle the Velveeta on it and make a mess.

But otherwise I liked it. I truly did... but damn that part was just so bad. *facepalm*

i thought it was bad i liked moira's retcon in hox which made her the most important and interesting mutant in the marvel universe and in the end percy ruined her completely by transforming her into a vulgar villain bastion/cameron robot hodge anti mutant worthy of the 90's without any explanation or logic that justifies it hate towards mutants, I don't know if that's what hickman had planned but what a waste that everything that was done in hox/pox ends like that for moira I am disgusted.

- no explanation on why xavier and erik didn't do anything for moira at the end of inferno nor why they didn't throw mystic and raven in the pit for what they did.

- moira who thinks she was betrayed without explanation either

- magical cancer that comes out of nowhere xavier gave moira cancer was it an accident? no explanation.

- moira who says she is human and robot and who wants to exterminate mutants even her children proteus and rahne just because she has a bionic arm and lost her power lol

- destiny who has a vision of moira as a sentry but does nothing to prevent it and who I guess won't tell anyone on the council...

- no interaction between moira and xavier to try to explain and try to find a solution (thank you forge for attacking moira while charle was trying to calm her down lol) xlow will only have served to prevent xavier and moira from interacting between them

- moira who dies alone everyone ends up at the bar to party with xavier who doesn't seem to care about moira the woman he loved nobody talks about them neither xavier nor the wolverines everyone doesn't care like she never existed wtf that doesn't make sense, where is her corp? no explanation of what happens after beating omega wolverine nothing...

- what was the use of omega wolverine to go in the past? by killing moira he did exactly what shouldn't be done, yet phalanx moira had warned her lol

-what is the interest in the end of transforming moira into a robot while hickman shows us that karima is the real villain of the mutants in inferno it has no interest. will she join orchis? Seems to be the case from the data page.

in the end this series will have made the mutants lose their best allies in a stupid way and the fans of moira an excellent complex and interesting character transformed into a caricature of a super villain anti-mutant. I really thought that she would be part of the council and that she would be the leader of krakoa what a waste.

now i pray to the gods that the x-desk and al ewing don"t ruin abigail brand in destiny of x one of my favorite character from the krakoa era interesting and complex just like moira was, i start hating to see ally become enemies of mutants without logical explanation or coherence a great defect of the krakoa era the characterization and the lack of interaction of the characters.

Pretty terrible
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Whoever's running the X-Ship after Hickman dipped probably wanted Moira in the villain role ASAP for Destiny of X so Percy probably Any% speedran that shit. So no explanation for the sudden cancer and how they dealt with the invasion for anyone.

I'm just salty cranger and that other guy was right from last week.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Whoever's running the X-Ship after Hickman dipped probably wanted Moira in the villain role ASAP for Destiny of X so Percy probably Any% speedran that shit. So no explanation for the sudden cancer and how they dealt with the invasion for anyone.

I'm just salty cranger and that other guy was right from last week.
    Looking back ,revealing that Moira is an Eternal(with some cosmic reset ability)would be a better twist imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    i thought it was bad i liked moira's retcon in hox which made her the most important and interesting mutant in the marvel universe
    Honestly, that was probably kind of the problem. Can't have her be more important than the writer's faves. :eyeroll:

Fantastic Member

Going by review, it was a total mess. But at least in Deaths of Wolverine it is more understandable why he is a main player; with his power and experience it makes sense that he was the last mutant standing and after learning the truth he traveled back in time to stop things. In Lives of Wolverine I couldn't understand why it should have been Logan to travel into the past, or how he even did it via Jean's telepathy. Actual experienced time-travelers like Cable or Bishop, or Magik - with the power to actually travel in time and good fighting skills seems far more fitting for such story.

Anyway, I find Moira behavior really illogical. Can't help but wonder, why she even bothered to do anything? Her power makes her invisible for any mutant detection as neither telepaths nor precogs could see her. So... why didn't she just live each of her lives doing whatever she wanted without joining mutants/humans/robots fight? Seems weird what she blames mutants in how her eventual faith turned out, when it was her own choice to join the battle in every life. If she stayed away from mutants, no one would have even known about her existence and thus hadn't tried to kill her. And now, after faking her death and uploading her mind into robot body, why did she still so fixated on mutants? No one knows she is alive, so she could just go and live, but nope. It is so illogical.

And it is also weird how Moira was so afraid of precogs, especially of Destiny, even though Irene specifically said how difficult it is for her to notice Moira's existence because her power blocks precognition. But, after Moira became human, after her power disappeared, Destiny doesn't seems to care to look into her future and stop Moira. Like, how Moira even managed to upload he mind, or kill Banshee, if Destiny should have seen all of it days ahead and stop her.

I don't believe for one minute that this is what Hickman had in mind when he retconned Moira. It just makes no sense whatsoever. We already have Karima Shapander as the evil, mutant hating cyborg with knowledge of the future, why the Hell make Moira one as well? And I agree that the lack of reaction from Xavier and Magneto is also a mistake.

Astonishing Member

Meh. Moria was wasted, nice to see sage.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen View Post
    i thought it was bad i liked moira's retcon in hox which made her the most important and interesting mutant in the marvel universe and in the end percy ruined her completely by transforming her into a vulgar villain bastion/cameron robot hodge anti mutant worthy of the 90's without any explanation or logic that justifies it hate towards mutants, I don't know if that's what hickman had planned but what a waste that everything that was done in hox/pox ends like that for moira I am disgusted.

- no explanation on why xavier and erik didn't do anything for moira at the end of inferno nor why they didn't throw mystic and raven in the pit for what they did.

- moira who thinks she was betrayed without explanation either

- magical cancer that comes out of nowhere xavier gave moira cancer was it an accident? no explanation.

- moira who says she is human and robot and who wants to exterminate mutants even her children proteus and rahne just because she has a bionic arm and lost her power lol

- destiny who has a vision of moira as a sentry but does nothing to prevent it and who I guess won't tell anyone on the council...

- no interaction between moira and xavier to try to explain and try to find a solution (thank you forge for attacking moira while charle was trying to calm her down lol) xlow will only have served to prevent xavier and moira from interacting between them

- moira who dies alone everyone ends up at the bar to party with xavier who doesn't seem to care about moira the woman he loved nobody talks about them neither xavier nor the wolverines everyone doesn't care like she never existed wtf that doesn't make sense, where is her corp? no explanation of what happens after beating omega wolverine nothing...

- what was the use of omega wolverine to go in the past? by killing moira he did exactly what shouldn't be done, yet phalanx moira had warned her lol

-what is the interest in the end of transforming moira into a robot while hickman shows us that karima is the real villain of the mutants in inferno it has no interest. will she join orchis? Seems to be the case from the data page.

in the end this series will have made the mutants lose their best allies in a stupid way and the fans of moira an excellent complex and interesting character transformed into a caricature of a super villain anti-mutant. I really thought that she would be part of the council and that she would be the leader of krakoa what a waste.

now i pray to the gods that the x-desk and al ewing don"t ruin abigail brand in destiny of x one of my favorite character from the krakoa era interesting and complex just like moira was, i start hating to see ally become enemies of mutants without logical explanation or coherence a great defect of the krakoa era the characterization and the lack of interaction of the characters.
    All of this.

If Xavier had gathered his X-Men and had given them a proper explanation they would have grabbed Mystique and Destiny and would have mind-wiped them, would have thrown their brain-dead bodies to the Pit, they would have destroyed all copies of their DNA and of their personality uploads, and they would have launched a mission to rescue Moira, and nobody would have dared to stop them. Or at least that is what would have happened if they were written as themselves...

Hell, even if Destiny told them that Moira intended to create a cure... why would they believe her? And even if they believed her, which I doubt very much they would do, they still wouldn't allow Mystique to kill her...

Xavier, Storm, Nightcrawler and Kate have been written as utter traitorous selfish assholes... Not just Xavier, Kurt and Kate had a close friendship with Moira too... they lived with her in Muir Island as members of Excalibur for a long time... and now they won't lift a finger to help her? No wonder Moira went mad...

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Honestly, that was probably kind of the problem. Can't have her be more important than the writer's faves. :eyeroll:
    hickman had made his retcon really interesting even if it felt like it served as a plot point only, we should have had a book to develop moira but the covid changed the plans then percy arrived... i can't not believe that hikman is validated that for moira such a mess of character still an anti mutant robot. apart from time travel or a magic trick, I don't see how to fix it.

then seriously xavier and the mutants who parties and drinks a beer quietly without worrying about moira it kills me no interaction with her, they don't even know what he thinks of moira's return he doesn't care like the writers apparently.
    finally the only interaction moira will have with the mutants will be when she wants to kill them...

So how long before we get psychic ghost Xavier giving this speech to someone about Moira? Cuz this about sums it up: