Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Winchesters: Supernatural Prequel Pilot

The Winchesters: Supernatural Prequel Pilot Casts Sam and Dean's Parents

So this is actually happening. I remember a while ago Jensen Ackles was spearheading this and Jared Padalecki was upset that he didn't involve him. I'm guessing they made up (I'm hoping) but maybe Jensen assumed he was busy with Walker (which now has its own spinoff coming).

Looks like they're changing the timeline a bit, as in when John becomes a hunter.

Gotta say, I'm interested. Doesn't feel right not having Supernatural around, so I guess this will have to fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The Winchesters: Supernatural Prequel Pilot Casts Sam and Dean's Parents

So this is actually happening. I remember a while ago Jensen Ackles was spearheading this and Jared Padalecki was upset that he didn't involve him. I'm guessing they made up (I'm hoping) but maybe Jensen assumed he was busy with Walker (which now has its own spinoff coming).

Looks like they're changing the timeline a bit, as in when John becomes a hunter.

Gotta say, I'm interested. Doesn't feel right not having Supernatural around, so I guess this will have to fill that void.
    They are not just changing that...

Got to say, I'm not that cool with the idea of a show that will essentially retcon the way the series opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

I remember a while ago Jensen Ackles was spearheading this and Jared Padalecki was upset that he didn't involve him. I'm guessing they made up (I'm hoping) but maybe Jensen assumed he was busy with Walker (which now has its own spinoff coming).

Long story short...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Long story short...

Cool. I knew about Jared's tweet and I was extrapolating from there.

Good to know the whole story now (and that yes they are still cool with each other) but that still begs the question: if this is Jensen's "baby", why the change in the timeline? I feel like the idea is to have a star crossed couple fight the Supernatural, they're just shoehorning that idea into Supernatural's backstory via John and Mary.

I hate this idea. They should have just greenlit Wayward Sisters, which was a much better concept.

[QUOTE=Nate Grey;5981634]if this is Jensen's "baby", why the change in the timeline?QUOTE]

Maybe to have maximum creative freedom? Not the first time that something like that has happened (e.g. iStar Trek: Discovery.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Just don't get where they are coming from at all...

Seems like they fully intend on completely reworking where the initial series will begin.

Well...not sure if they'll do this, but they could just have Jack cameo in the pilot and say a few words about how he's "tweaking" their backstory a bit. That the tragic beginning was Chuck and and how he's "fixing" it.

Mighty Member

I'd rather they reshoot the series finale with the crowd scenes and characters they intended to have before COVID. Like for example, have Kansas perform Carry On in that bar.

I'd rather them retcon every season after 5. Keep the soulless Sam storyline but not much else and leave it open. There are plenty of good moments and episodes, but as a story what we get afterward does more harm than good and shouldn't be canon.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I forgot this was still happening. And we're apparently only 35 days from the premiere.

*shrugs* I'm watching it.

All-New Member

looks promising but I suppose they forgot about canons

Well we're now two eps in. Thoughts?

I mean...changes aside? Basically an adult Scooby Doo. I guess Scoobynatural really resonated with Jensen Ackles.

Last ep when that tree monster thing took the form of John's mother, I was thinking it would also take the form of Mary's father during her rescue attempt...but, I'm guessing it didn't happen cause time-constraint plus a surprise who's playing him spoilers:
    Smallville's Tom Welling
    end of spoilers.

Caught an interview with the show runner.

Side stepped a pretty direct question about if this was actually taking place in "616" Supernatural continuity, but did say that viewers would have an answer to that very question by the end of the shows first season.

Can't say I care much about if it is or not.