Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I know these are supposed to be about the "journey", but considering we know how this ends, well, its why I'm not too excited for it. Unless this is something Jack cooked up while Dean got taken out by a vamp, and decided to "adjust" things for the better, I don't think I'll watch it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well we're now two eps in. Thoughts?

I mean...changes aside? Basically an adult Scooby Doo. I guess Scoobynatural really resonated with Jensen Ackles.

Last ep when that tree monster thing took the form of John's mother, I was thinking it would also take the form of Mary's father during her rescue attempt...but, I'm guessing it didn't happen cause time-constraint plus a surprise who's playing him spoilers:
    Smallville's Tom Welling
    end of spoilers.
    Scoobynatural indeed! I wasn't a big fan of Supernatural but am giving this a chance. So far I'm finding the acting a bit flat, but will give it a few more views before I decide. I would have preferred Wayward Sisters.

‘The Winchesters’ & ‘Walker: Independence’ Get No Back Orders As CW Cutbacks Continue, No Decision On Season 2.

Basically the original 13-ep commitment is all we're getting. But as the article states, this doesn't preclude getting a season 2, it's just with the CW cutting costs at the moment across the board we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe I just miss Supernatural but John-and-Mary-in-name-only and the rest of the cast has grown on me.

Also, Richard Speight Jr. to reprise the role of Loki in episode 8 (episode 5 airs Nov. 15th).

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ‘The Winchesters’ & ‘Walker: Independence’ Get No Back Orders As CW Cutbacks Continue, No Decision On Season 2.

Basically the original 13-ep commitment is all we're getting. But as the article states, this doesn't preclude getting a season 2, it's just with the CW cutting costs at the moment across the board we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe I just miss Supernatural but John-and-Mary-in-name-only and the rest of the cast has grown on me.

Also, Richard Speight Jr. to reprise the role of Loki in episode 8 (episode 5 airs Nov. 15th).
    Well, CW was sold. Makes sense they would begin cutting down on the old shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, CW was sold. Makes sense they would begin cutting down on the old shows.
    Its just it seems Supernatural can't catch a break. The previous regime was hellbent for some reason on never giving it a spinoff, just longevity. The new regime might say "Meh this prequel spinoff is part of the old regime, get rid of it."

I'm hoping at least it and Superman/Lois are one of the few shows that are continued.

Astonishing Member

Finally got around to watching the first episode. I loved Supernatural though its up and downs. This show is not good. Badly cast, badly plotted and badly acted.

No reason to defame actors trying to do their job but the show runners should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Finally got around to watching the first episode. I loved Supernatural though its up and downs. This show is not good. Badly cast, badly plotted and badly acted.

No reason to defame actors trying to do their job but the show runners should be ashamed.
    Well that would be Jensen Ackles and his wife. There are more exec producers, but this is Jensen's baby as they say, his idea.

I get I'm alone in that the characters have grown on me, but to your point...I think its a bad bad BAD idea to basically say "Give it time and we'll reveal WHY this isn't exactly in line with the canon of Supernatural!" A show like this needs to come out the gate firing on all cylinders. Slow-burn can happen in later seasons AFTER its found an audience. Slow-burn NOW + turning OFF the people desperate for more Supernatural with the changes to John and Mary doesn't seem...wise, I should say.

Astonishing Member

I hate shows that immediately launch into grand conspiracies and the great mystery to be slowly revealed with some cliff hanger for the next season.

It's been a real surprise how far away from being anywhere like invested I've wound up being over the course of the show so far.

I was willing to allow for whatever the potential "Curve Ball..." which might still be coming up, but I don't know that there is anything they could potentially do that will really pay off in any sort a noteworthy way.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's been a real surprise how far away from being anywhere like invested I've wound up being over the course of the show so far.

I was willing to allow for whatever the potential "Curve Ball..." which might still be coming up, but I don't know that there is anything they could potentially do that will really pay off in any sort a noteworthy way.
    Well Gabrielle (aka Loki) will be in Ep. #8 when it returns, hopefully its not a glorified cameo and he can explain what's going on.

I feel we got a big clue with #7, though: The Akrida(sp?) is from a completely different universe altogether. I wonder if it escaped the "main" universe, ie the actual Supernatural universe, to the reality of this paltry shadow cause it is facing less resistance.

Ok so it was a glorified cameo. Hm. Well he was the Villain of the Week [TM].

We did get an answer as to what is going on with the canon discrepancies, though. Will this revelation be enough to bring in eyeballs to save the show (get it another season)? Not sure. Might be too little too late.

Anyway, spoilers.
    spoilers:
    Dean, our Dean, is somehow time traveling and manipulating events. He's revealed (via photos) as the one who gave Samuel the tip on the Akrida, he's the one who helped John...somehow, I forget the verbiage and I didn't feel like watching the pilot again to figure out what exactly. But John recognized him as the one who helped him and wondered why he was in Samuel's recon photos.
    end of spoilers

Well...

Seems like they have, what, six episodes left to try to get this to even something that will be an interesting cliffhanger?

It's wasting a lot of time.

As for that spoiler...

spoilers:
    I'm not even sure this show's Dean is "616..." Dean. Guess we will find out.
    end of spoilers

Well that was an interesting episode. spoilers:
    Seems Mr. Sheffield from The Nanny likes playing villains these days. Victor Cassadine on General Hospital, that evil Men of Letters guy here. Yeah didn't care about the B-story with Carlos and whatshername helping the previous host of the Akrida queen.
    end of spoilers

The real meat of the episode, though: spoilers:
    The Akrida roundtable (reminded me of the Leviathan a bit) and figure out Dean (they don't know his name, they just have his picture standing by the Implala) is helping the hunters, so they need to set a trap to lure him out. And they use reporter guy from ep 1 to do it. He's possessed by an Akrida, so he calls the cops to come to the Winchester garage, first making sure John is there, and then commits suicide. But not before telling him he wrote plenty of journal entries saying how he fears for his life from John.
    end of spoilers

Pretty cleaver. Three eps to go, and I'm guessing we won't see spoilers:
    Dean
    end of spoilers except as a cliffhanger in the final ep of the season.

Minor grumble...

How is every single version of the Men Of Letters this bad at having a plan for and avoiding any noteworthy degree of trouble?