Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Mutants #25 - Preview (unlettered)

New Mutants #25 kicks off the Game of Thrones-ish four-issue story arc 'The Labors of Magik,' in which the Sorcerer Supreme and the rightful queen of Limbo, Illyana Rasputina, receives a challenge for her throne by none other than Marvel's Goblin Queen.

New Mutants #25 is written by Vita Ayala and illustrated by Rod Reis, along with a backup story written by Ayala and drawn by Jan Duursema with colors by Ruth Redmond. Marvel describes it as a flashback story set during Illyana's time in limbo with revelations that impact the main present-day story and will run throughout the entire arc.

Preview for the backup story:

Also, the cover for New Mutants #28:

I love Jean in this new outfit. ;-) can't wait for this story.

so what are Madelyne's powers? Telepathy, telekinesis, and magic?
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-24-2022 at 06:13 AM.

GASP! WHOOO is the high heeled person approaching in the flash back??? [Gasps in Gay]

I'm glad this is a 4 part story. We don't need another 12 parts arc from New mutants. And hopefully other New Mutants will get the spotlight in future arcs. Ayala should use more of the New mutants also. Their cast limits the appeal of the book I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I love Jean in this new outfit. ;-) can't wait for this story.

so what are Madeline's powers? Telepathy, telekinesis, and magic?
    Since she is a clone of miss Grey, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I'm glad this is a 4 part story. We don't need another 12 parts arc from New mutants. And hopefully other New Mutants will get the spotlight in future arcs. Ayala should use more of the New mutants also. Their cast limits the appeal of the book I feel.

Since she is a clone of miss Grey, probably.
    I always thought that she was somehow a failed clone, without awareness and powers and that only the Phoenix Force gave her life and Jean's duplicated personality?! Maybe I made this up. I haven't read INFERNO for ages. Will do it before this new storyline starts.

I'm also wondering if Madelyne will be batshit violent psycho b*tch crazy or a real character again?

I always thought that she was somehow a failed clone, without awareness and powers and that only the Phoenix Force gave her life and Jean's duplicated personality?! Maybe I made this up. I haven't read INFERNO for ages. Will do it before this new storyline starts.

I'm also wondering if Madelyne will be batshit violent psycho b*tch crazy or a real character again?
    I think current writers just ignore her past stories and just write her with the powers they want. In Inferno Maddie used more magic, but I think I remember her using telepathy. Telekinesis I'm not sure because it could just be magic and they look alike lol.

Expect her to be bitch crazy, that's what the finale of Hellions hinted and her weird smile on this preview shows me. If they wanted to write her like a normal person, maybe she would be too much like Jean. But a middle ground is possible. Ayala likes to rehabilitate villains (sigh), so in the end...

do we really need more rehabilitated villain these day? I wish she stays evil. Evil with an agenda though.

I also remember that she used green energy powers (maybe telekinesis?) when she dated her biological son X-Man. (drunk evil Summer family auntie Madelyne is really the best character in X-Men history. You really cannot make this sh*t up yourself. Love her!)
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-24-2022 at 06:33 AM.

It feels like this comic has been delayed a year. But if that's how long we have to wait to see Madelyne Pryor making her big comeback as the Goblin Queen, I'm willing to be patient.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Preview for the backup story:

Also, the cover for New Mutants #28:

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful preview. Loving Maddie energy signature. Finally we are on the other side! Leeeeetsssss GOOOOOOO!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

her energy signature should be green though!

her energy signature should be green though!
    Not a fan of green energy signature. Like rogue absorbing power from a distance looked like farts. Very rarely does a green energy signature work like with Polaris.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not a fan of green energy signature. Like rogue absorbing power from a distance looked like farts. Very rarely does a green energy signature work like with Polaris.
    I think it works for a character called Goblin Queen who is always a little more horror than superheroics. but yes, I get your point that it can quickly look fart-y. ;-)

I like more Maddie than Jean.

Maddie is a wildcard she is like Emma or Wolvie she is the one to push the button if the rest dont want to.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I like more Maddie than Jean.

Maddie is a wildcard she is like Emma or Wolvie she is the one to push the button if the rest dont want to.
    Haha, yes. Whenever Jean does something bad she is like "that wasn't me - it was a clone with my memories, and also I have all the memories of the clone!". Maddie owns her cray-cray.