Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It's really good to see Edward again, but it's also a little sad knowing this nice man will become a cannibal rat again in the not too distant future. (He was last seen in Moon Knight last year in rat form eating people, I believe.)
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    The editor for the book said Dan Jurgens' proposed Spider-costume for Ben is getting used and "Ben might not be the one using it", so it feels kinda safe to expect 'Cide to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Ah good to know. I Google it since I couldn't remember it from that spread where Ben thinks about costumes. I noticed it wasn't there so it was a new costume for me. Overall I liked it. Interesting to see it being used seei g how it certainly looks like a heroic costume. Perhaps we are going a rehabilitated spidercide. Though if he is the murderer we might need something more then therapy to make it work.
    Hope it's true. I want Ben Spider-man and Spidercide Spider-man to team up. I also want him to have a real name. This costume is great.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    It's really good to see Edward again, but it's also a little sad knowing this nice man will become a cannibal rat again in the not too distant future. (He was last seen in Moon Knight last year in rat form eating people, I believe.)
    I agree with you, Edward is a great character, I don't understand why Marvel made him Vermin again.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

I'm not a fan of this costume. I am inspired to try to redesign Spidercide myself. Although Bagley did seem to repurpose the costume for Ben's short-lived, not well-received new costume for his Vegas series.
    Last edited by Obsidian Spider; 03-25-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    I'm not a fan of this costume. I am inspired to try to redesign Spidercide myself. Although Bagley did seem to repurpose the costume for Ben's short-lived, not well-received new costume for his Vegas series.
    Gotta agree: don't love this costume and am glad it wasn't the choice for Ben back in the day. That being said, I'm willing to give it a chance as Spidercide's potential new look. His larger size might make it look cooler(?).

-Pav, who wonders if Ben and 'Cide will play hero together...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Fantastic Member

"Sensational" issue.

JMD delivers as usual. I've been waiting for a definitive return of Spidercide since June 1995...

I loved the first year of the '90s clone saga so much - that weekly sense of dread, the unexpected, the continuity rollercoaster.
    Once Ben became Spidey, I was less enthused, but Lord - given what we have been subjected to "post-1998 reboot" - I have such incredible nostalgia for the "Daily Grind" era and hate what PAD - and especially Dan Scott - did to Ben's legacy.

One character I thought was fascinating during that year was Ben's girlfriend, Jessica Carradine (The Burglar's daughter)... very little has been done with the burglar at all (sans ASM #193 - 200): I saw it as an enormous opportunity squandered by the swift curtailing of the Clone Saga.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    One character I thought was fascinating during that year was Ben's girlfriend, Jessica Carradine (The Burglar's daughter)... very little has been done with the burglar at all (sans ASM #193 - 200): I saw it as an enormous opportunity squandered by the swift curtailing of the Clone Saga.
    I still find it weird how the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon took that concept (dating the Burgler's daughter) and gave it to Felicia

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    "Sensational" issue.

JMD delivers as usual. I've been waiting for a definitive return of Spidercide since June 1995...

I loved the first year of the '90s clone saga so much - that weekly sense of dread, the unexpected, the continuity rollercoaster.
    Once Ben became Spidey, I was less enthused, but Lord - given what we have been subjected to "post-1998 reboot" - I have such incredible nostalgia for the "Daily Grind" era and hate what PAD - and especially Dan Scott - did to Ben's legacy.
    Huh, I'm a bit of the opposite. I like most of the clone saga (not a fan of some of the more convoluted Jackal-oriented stuff in the middle like 'Maximum Clonage', though even that has it's-so-bad-it's-good moments), but I prefer the Spider-Ben era over the Scarlet Spider era. It seemed once Peter came back from Portland his relationship with Ben really gelled and they became bros instead of rivals. And I prefer the Gaunt/Norman intrigue over Jackal's insane antics. Plus, Peter stopped acting insane lol.

Yeah, Jessica was very interesting and is way overdue for a comeback. Well, in the last year both Janine and now Spidercide have popped up again. So hopefully we'll see her again. I even liked Desiree. Ben had no shortage of great love-interests, kinda hard to decide who I want him to settle down with.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Huh, I'm a bit of the opposite. I like most of the clone saga (not a fan of some of the more convoluted Jackal-oriented stuff in the middle like 'Maximum Clonage', though even that has it's-so-bad-it's-good moments), but I prefer the Spider-Ben era over the Scarlet Spider era. It seemed once Peter came back from Portland his relationship with Ben really gelled and they became bros instead of rivals. And I prefer the Gaunt/Norman intrigue over Jackal's insane antics. Plus, Peter stopped acting insane lol.

Yeah, Jessica was very interesting and is way overdue for a comeback. Well, in the last year both Janine and now Spidercide have popped up again. So hopefully we'll see her again. I even liked Desiree. Ben had no shortage of great love-interests, kinda hard to decide who I want him to settle down with.
    I agree, I also prefer the Spider-Ben era over the Scarlet Spider era. I've been re-reading it and I enjoyed it a lot at first, but then it becomes tooooo long after a while with mad Peter and sad Ben about being a clone and all of that. Then, Ben becomes Spider-man and it's so great to see a happy Spidey despite the hard-times he's living and Peter and MJ with their future baby. And when Peter came back and they start being bros more than rivals is also great!
    spoilers:
    Until they decided to kill Ben, of course.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    I agree with you, Edward is a great character, I don't understand why Marvel made him Vermin again.
    At this point I think he needs to either be "redeemed" permanently or not used again. I mean... A CSA survivor called "Vermin," no matter how well-intended his original story was is... uncomfortable, to me at least.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

pic host

As promised, my redesign of Spidercide. Kept it pretty simple but leaned into the fluid shape-shiftiness. Gave him some shines to make him seem more rubbery instead of symbiotey. I'll admit the face is very Klyntar and maybe I should go smaller with the mouth but I was feeling it when I drew it.

Astonishing Member

pic host

As promised, my redesign of Spidercide. Kept it pretty simple but leaned into the fluid shape-shiftiness. Gave him some shines to make him seem more rubbery instead of symbiotey. I'll admit the face is very Klyntar and maybe I should go smaller with the mouth but I was feeling it when I drew it.
    Nice one! Very stylized. Would probably make a better poster than a comic panel. That's not a diss by any means; I'd definitely hang that up in my man-cave.

Next, you should draw the four "brothers" together.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

pic host

Not bad at all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Variant cover art by Dan Jurgens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    Variant cover art by Dan Jurgens.
    That is a thing of beauty.

Spectacular Member

pic host

He's awesome. I'd love to see something like this in a cartoon.