Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nova is coming.

Default Nova is coming.

Did you know that the front page of CBR can occasionally be useful? Yeah, I'm just as shocked as you are. https://www.cbr.com/nova-marvel-cine...knight-writer/ No mention of Sam which is weird for a CBR article.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

AWESOME! Still LOVE Rich Rider: NOVA!! Looking forward to this (XD)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-24-2022 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Sooooo....... Annihilation when?

RCO019_1469452967.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    Sooooo....... Annihilation when?

RCO019_1469452967.jpg
    After more a Cosmic build up, while Nova was the Star the bringing together of so Many Cosmic characters is what had it so big.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

mark my words he will be a latino teenager and be called Richard Alexander or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    AWESOME! Still LOVE Rich Rider: NOVA!! Looking forward to this (XD)

THAT is an amazing costume.

Peace

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    mark my words he will be a latino teenager and be called Richard Alexander or something like that.
    Kevin feige did say Richard and Sam are coming awhile ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    Possibly, but I’d like to think that Marvel is smart enough to realize it doesn’t need to be a choice between the two. The nature of the Nova mythos lends itself pretty well to there being multiple characters who have the name, I see no reason why they’d merge Richard and Sam when they both can exist simultaneously.

If anything it makes more sense to go that route, Marvel’s all about turning their heroes into franchises, you get a lot more storytelling potential out of Rich and Sam working together and developing a brotherly bond than just combining them into the same character. Or worse, just pretending one of them isn’t relevant to the mythos and has no place in live action.

Extraordinary Member

The Nova Corps are like Marvel's answer to the Green Lanterns. Which was likely not Marv Wolfman's original intent.

If anything Kyle Ranier is sort of a Rich Ryder rip off as he also was the last hero of a dead order and was picked totally at random ( tho Kyle's origin is unintentionally funnier as the last Guardian practically tosses a GL ring at Kyle then says "You'll just have to do" then runs away without explaining anything ).

But the pre annihilation in the comics means that there can be more than one Nova. There's room for Rich, Sam and Sam's Dad or whoever.

It just occurred to me that in the MCU Thanos must have wiped out or nearly wiped out the Nova Corps to get hold of the Infinity Gem they were guarding.

So this project might hew pretty close to the original series premise.

This cannot come fast enough.

Ultimate Member

As much as I like Rich, I'm still surprised that there's been such a big push for him.

Prior to Fabian, Rich had little internal conflict, not much there there, IMO

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I hope this means we'll get some of the original supporting characters, like the Comet, and the Sphinx as a villain.

I'm also totally ok if they feature only one Nova. Either pick Richard or Sam, but let's not turn this into yet another mantle passing/sharing cliche in the MCU.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    This cannot come fast enough.
    Damn straight.

There's a lot of characters I've been impatient to see in the MCU, but what makes it worse than usual with Nova is that the whole thing is *right there!* Since 2014, the Corps and Dey and all the big set pieces have been right there! waiting to be picked up. It's been an itch I can't scratch. I figure Fiege and co. wanted to wait until the GotG trilogy was wrapped before doing a character as similar as Nova, but it's been a long gods damn wait, and probably a few years yet before we actually see it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Nova Corps are like Marvel's answer to the Green Lanterns.
    Marvel is way ahead of you!

FCemHorXoAYUSdL.jpg
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Fortunately the MCU movies are no longer solo affairs so including Sam makes more business sense than excluding him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Marvel is way ahead of you!

FCemHorXoAYUSdL.jpg
    You’re short changing the green lanterns a bit where they create elaborate imaginative constructs while Kamala seems to create bright ddefensive unimaginative constructs.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough