Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good idea. That story could be used to both restore Kafka to normal (which it looks like Beyond won't do with only one issue left) and bring back Green Goblin.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I don't expect anyone to touch Harry again for a long time.

We're all waiting for Norman to go Goblin again. Norman blaming Peter for Harry's death is probably the most interesting dynamic their relationship ever had.
    For Norman or Harry, cause I actually liked Harry’s redemption arc not really feeling that Spectacular Spider-Man #200 solved anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    For Norman or Harry, cause I actually liked Harry’s redemption arc not really feeling that Spectacular Spider-Man #200 solved anything.
    Spider-Girl is what fully resolved the Osborn conflict, of which Harry's death was a necessity to get us to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I don't think DeMatteis is aware that by keeping Harry dead, they're basically honouring JM's contributions to the Spider-Man mythos. Same with Kraven (although they've basically 'Fat Tony'-ed that one)
    He did also write the issue that fully established him as back from the dead and back in Peter's life, to be fair. ("A Matter of Trust" in Amazing Spider-Man Family)

It's really too early to say if they'll keep Harry dead or not but ten post-BND years of character development is a lot to throw away, and I'm still cross about it. Though I did always suspect that one of the reasons he came back in the first place was because James Franco's Harry in the Raimi movies was pretty well-received, so... I suppose the game will change when the MCU almost inevitably brings in Harry at some point.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    I suppose the game will change when the MCU almost inevitably brings in Harry at some point.
    Will they though? I think Ned's status as the best friend denied knowledge of Peter's real life and the potential to become a cosmic Hobgoblin is where they intend to go there. We've had two Spidey movie franchises that have explored Harry, I feel we're due for a change there.

He did also write the issue that fully established him as back from the dead and back in Peter's life, to be fair. ("A Matter of Trust" in Amazing Spider-Man Family)

It's really too early to say if they'll keep Harry dead or not but ten post-BND years of character development is a lot to throw away, and I'm still cross about it. Though I did always suspect that one of the reasons he came back in the first place was because James Franco's Harry in the Raimi movies was pretty well-received, so... I suppose the game will change when the MCU almost inevitably brings in Harry at some point.
    I don't think we're going to get an MCU Harry at this point. They just did a Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin movie and I don't think they want to do that again. (This is also why I don't expect an MCU Doc Ock or any of the other villains in NWH.)

Will they though? I think Ned's status as the best friend denied knowledge of Peter's real life and the potential to become a cosmic Hobgoblin is where they intend to go there. We've had two Spidey movie franchises that have explored Harry, I feel we're due for a change there.
    Yeah, I don't actually want the MCU to feature Harry (or a new version of Norman or Ock) I'm just sort of bracing for the possibility I guess.

Speaking of Ned, I sort of suspect his appearance in the MCU might have triggered 616 Ned's recent resurrection too, even though the movie version and the comic version of him have pretty much nothing in common besides the name.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Yeah, MCU Ned is definitely based on Ganke Lee. Though he did date Betty Brant in the second film.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Spider-Girl is what fully resolved the Osborn conflict, of which Harry's death was a necessity to get us to that point.
    Did it resolve Harry’s conflict? He was dead any form of redemption was completely useless to him as with all last minute alignment changes.

Did it resolve Harry’s conflict? He was dead any form of redemption was completely useless to him as with all last minute alignment changes.
    Well, he died at peace with his best friend by his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he died at peace with his best friend by his side.
    and then went straight to hell

Though honestly, if you take everything that happened post-Brand New Day out of consideration entirely, I sort of think this moment resolved (at least a bit) one of Harry's central conflicts, the ongoing cycle of the Osborns-

image1.jpg

"Don't ever be like Daddy."

Though honestly, if you take everything that happened post-Brand New Day out of consideration entirely, I sort of think this moment resolved (at least a bit) one of Harry's central conflicts, the ongoing cycle of the Osborns-

image1.jpg

normie been a kid forever
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Did it resolve Harry’s conflict?
    Harry's conflict was fully resolved when he died. Why do you think someone needs to survive to have a redemption arc? Because it's more comforting? Because you don't like seeing the realities of life reflected in escapism in comics? (when some of Spider-Man's biggest appeal is how it often mirrors the struggles of every day life)

image1.jpg

Normie wound up taking his advice eventually, being the one to break the cycle, but not before he gave in to the insanity and plagued Mayday for a while.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 03-26-2022 at 01:13 AM.

Harry's conflict was fully resolved when he died. Why do you think someone needs to survive to have a redemption arc? Because it's more comforting? Because you don't like seeing the realities of life reflected in escapism in comics? (when some of Spider-Man's biggest appeal is how it often mirrors the struggles of every day life)
    That isn't really how redemption arcs pan out in real life though. Not that it's the same thing, but look at people who leave extremist cults or even terrorist groups. Sometimes redemption comes from having to wake up every day and actively decide to spend some time fixing things. Hell, in my mind dying for redemption Darth Vader-style is by far the more comforting and "clean" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    normie been a kid forever
    Him and Billy Connors are permanently stuck at "roughly around 11 years old?" forever now I think.
    Last edited by PanicPixieDreamGirl; 03-26-2022 at 04:18 AM.

BANNED

Him and Billy Connors are permanently stuck at "roughly around 11 years old?" forever now I think.
    It was jarring in the 30th anniversary issue where the Peter's parents stories kicked off. Billy looked and acted 13/14, and later on in the Ben and Lizard arc in the Clone Saga he looked and acted 10 again.