Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Thanks for that detailed reply.

I didn't even comment about Qwan and her quest to re-engage the Revolution. I was largely disengaged during those moments. I did not find it a captivating storyline.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    Thanks for that detailed reply.

I didn't even comment about Qwan and her quest to re-engage the Revolution. I was largely disengaged during those moments. I did not find it a captivating storyline.
    Serious question: Would Qwan have been considered a better character if she didn't have such a hideous haircut?

Qwan would've come across better to me if she didn't have seething rage and cliche teen angst against her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Next; the Spartan IIs (John and friends) all REMEMBER from the start that they were taken from their families at a very young age and put into the program. And not a one of them holds it against Halsey. What's more, Halsey would NEVER endanger the Spartans, especially John. She sees them as her own kids (though, she was not exactly around to raise Miranda).
    See; that actually always annoyed me. They kidnap them, experiment on them against their will, force them to be soldiers, like why wouldn't the vast majority of IIs want to murder the hell out of her?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    See; that actually always annoyed me. They kidnap them, experiment on them against their will, force them to be soldiers, like why wouldn't the vast majority of IIs want to murder the hell out of her?
    A very serious case of Stockholm Syndrome combined with literal decades of military indoctrination and Bootcamp bonding exercises is my best guess.

They were 6 years old at the time of capture.

Halsey is a horrible monster no doubt. A necessary evil perhaps.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Halsey was more of a right time, right place.

The various programs that ultimately resulted in the Spartan program, were basically just to enhance the control of the military, and to, in their own worlds, "crush insurgencies in their infancy, and prevent others from rising up".

And, from what I recall... One of the first missions the Spartans went on (before the Mjolnir armor), involved them sneaking into an Insurrectionist base, and killing their command.

She was about as necessary as a blister on the bottom of your foot... But she got lucky because the Covenant attacked.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Halsey was more of a right time, right place.

The various programs that ultimately resulted in the Spartan program, were basically just to enhance the control of the military, and to, in their own worlds, "crush insurgencies in their infancy, and prevent others from rising up".

And, from what I recall... One of the first missions the Spartans went on (before the Mjolnir armor), involved them sneaking into an Insurrectionist base, and killing their command.

She was about as necessary as a blister on the bottom of your foot... But she got lucky because the Covenant attacked.
    There's the main UNSC military, then there's ONI, which most outside of it don't like or trust, but see as a necessary evil. Halsey's plan was green lit because the Insurrectionists were a growing threat throughout he outer colonies, stretching the UNSC thin. Plus, Sgt. Johnson was actually the most successful member of the original Spartan program. Dude was in his 70s by the time of Halo 3. The military saw that, and went a step further with Spartan II. But the cost of Spartan IIs as a whole, combined with the new Covenant threat meant having to look into a more cost effective Spartan Program.

No idea if the show will get that far though.

Halo S2 has dropped all episodes.

I enjoyed this season maybe more than the first. This season was largely a deconstruction and examination of what makes John the Master Chief. How he is a/the Master even without his armor.
    This season feels like it could be the middle arc in a giant 3 act story. The set up is there at seasons conclusion.

Anyone else watch S2 yet?

Astonishing Member

Not being into the game or other media representations, I found it a mildly enjoyable show. John not being in armor is a big deal for those into it but if you weren't - then the story of his moral problems is interesting. The end of Season 2 is obviously the dreaded middle of a story and kind of dribbled out with finding the Halo and the attack of the Flood. I really don't like parasite villains and mind takeover plots but that's the story. So not stunning but watchable.

As far as Spartan abilities - nothing special - just some Mobile Infantry types from the original Starship Trooper book with some Captain American super soldier enhancement. They do shoot reasonably well as compared to some types in other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Not being into the game or other media representations, I found it a mildly enjoyable show. John not being in armor is a big deal for those into it but if you weren't - then the story of his moral problems is interesting. The end of Season 2 is obviously the dreaded middle of a story and kind of dribbled out with finding the Halo and the attack of the Flood. I really don't like parasite villains and mind takeover plots but that's the story. So not stunning but watchable.

As far as Spartan abilities - nothing special - just some Mobile Infantry types from the original Starship Trooper book with some Captain American super soldier enhancement. They do shoot reasonably well as compared to some types in other shows.
    Just goes to show how badly they did Spartans, and Halo as whole.