Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Samurai Rabbit The Usagi Chronicles

Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles gets a April 28 release date on Netflix I don't know as much about him as I do TMNT but from what little bit I do know sounds pretty good.

https://screenrant.com/samurai-rabbi...-netflix-when/

I can't wait. I may have to get myself a Netflix account, instead of relying on piggy-backing off of my g/f's account.
    Watching television is not an activity.

I liked his cameos in the 2003 TMNT show, so will give it a watch.

I'm disappointed this isn't just a straight-up direct adaption of the Usagi comics, because those are amazing, and this seems like the typical "take a franchise and make it more of a typical kids cartoon" but with Stan Sakai's involvement I hope it still carries the core of the franchise and is a fun show at the end of the day.

i just received the tpb of the first usagi story, going to give it a read before the show starts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i just received the tpb of the first usagi story, going to give it a read before the show starts.
    I want a review of the tpb from you please

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've read precious little Usagi, all largely from the 90s when he got a new number one. I feel it was at Image but maybe it was Dark Horse?
    At any rate this show was on my "recent backlog" pile and I got through it in two days, two sittings. I enjoyed it without having to be bogged down in what they did/didn't do right.
    I get that this show was crafted as an update, using a descendant of Usagi vs using him so that I can see be disappointing to die hard fans.

It is a super kid friendly show and if my 5 yr old wanted to watch it I'd let her.

Do we know if there is going to be a S2 yet?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nope, not for moi.

I don't have a problem with it.

I thought it was fun and cute in your typical kids cartoon kind of way, but it really didn't feel like a proper adaption of Usagi Yojimbo or even the themes of the comic. And the "New Generation" versions of certain characters really leaned into in name only statuses.

Probably the most hyped I was for the show was whenever the real Usagi came up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I have now finished S2 of the show. It is a cute animated fare that I think is missing from kids cartoons, that I've seen. In that it easily could/should be marketed to them. It is not just a cartoon for the older set based loosely on material you've read from Stan Saki.

The build up to the final battle with a Kaiju and Gestalt looking Mecha was fun to see.
    Watching S1 foes turn into allies or in some cases in the least friendly rivals was nice. I personally see that as a good life lesson for children. Some adults might need reminding of that.

My google-fu reveals no early word on a S3 but it just dropped a few weeks back so patience and meditation are called for now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

I respect the fact that it's for a demographic significantly younger than I am. It does make me happy that this is (what I'm guessing) a significant chunk of change in Sakai's pocket.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I respect the fact that it's for a demographic significantly younger than I am. It does make me happy that this is (what I'm guessing) a significant chunk of change in Sakai's pocket.
    Yeah, I think as far as kids cartoons go it's at least decent and I'm glad for Sakai to probably be getting royalties and publicity out of this...even if I feel like the world is really missing out on a full adaption of Usagi Yojimbo.

My daughters love it.

And it got my oldest daughter into reading the OG comic and she loves that more!

I call that a win in my book.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium