Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Duggan declares: “I’m not letting go of Synch in year two.”

In a Polygon article on Omega Level Mutants published today, Duggan revealed the following:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...mutants-powers

I'm beyond thrilled.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    In a Polygon article on Omega Level Mutants published today, Duggan revealed the following:

I'm beyond thrilled.
    Good! His Synch has been heaven!
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

That's cool. Moving forward, I hope he gets a bigger role and more focus. He needs stories that aren't about Laura, or his powers. The Urich thing and his wavering confidence were good additions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post

I'm beyond thrilled.
    Good News, so far Synch have been well developed under Duggan hope it continues.

That's good. X-writers bad habit of rotating the C/D listers while always keeping the same core cast is what prevented all those C/D listers to become A/B listers.

Hope he keeps Sunfire for the same reasons.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Finally! He really deserves it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's cool. Moving forward, I hope he gets a bigger role and more focus. He needs stories that aren't about Laura, or his powers. The Urich thing and his wavering confidence were good additions.
    Laura needs stories that aren't about what happened in the Vault, so I hope she leaves.

I Didn't think Synch would be leaving, the High Evolutionary has his blood afterall.
    Sunfire will leave.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

He deserves it. While Duggan may not be my absolute favorite writer he does have his gem moments. So here's hoping that the up and coming Omega Level Mutant mimic gets his due!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Astonishing Member

The fact that he has to announce that the black character who was suddently* given prominence isn't kicked off the team after barely one year (12 issues) feels kind of wrong to me. Like, by all accounts that SHOULD be a given with any lineup for a team book which hasn't been canceled yet. That the characters given stories allready stick around to expand on them.
    It shows how unstable these books and lineups have become, that they have to re-assure readers that getting invested in any new additions isn't going to be wasted barely a year later, which in turn seems emblematic for a lot of things not being right with how the big two handle their cape comics.

Let's hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of an overly specifically denial or specific choice of words.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-25-2022 at 04:42 PM.

Agreed 90%, I veer only slightly about Laura. Since he will be locked in, I want to see a slow building of their relationship. Let her leave the team but continue to have contact with Everett where they can work the issue out and allow Laura to determine if she had any real interest. Now as for Everett remaining, can we just see him lead out the new incarnation of the team more than once? Let Synch really get into some gritty situations where he can't resolve by being a lil boy scout.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    I Didn't think Synch would be leaving, the High Evolutionary has his blood afterall.
    Sunfire will leave.
    And I’ll be right behind him.

I just don't see him giving up a great B story like the one he has with Shiro unless he is going to Knights. The otherworld adventure could be a great story he could even have him put together a b team of xmen and i believe it was in maraduers that redroot was kidnapped so it's a thread he has been building for awhile. But at the same time i can see how finding redroot could be more of a side red adventure or a knights adventure. lol Or actually Shiro could even join Legion of X this actually seems like a mission for them too. i guess that's how you know it's a good B story. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 03-25-2022 at 09:29 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    And I’ll be right behind him.
    I'm just bummed that Duggan is seemingly going to get to paint even more "X..." characters with the "Seriously Boring..." brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    He deserves it. While Duggan may not be my absolute favorite writer he does have his gem moments. So here's hoping that the up and coming Omega Level Mutant mimic gets his due!
    I thought hope was the omega level mimic