Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Bean / Jishop Appreciation 2022 – JEAN GREY X LUCAS BISHOP

Finally, the appreciation thread for the most iconic X-relationship returns!

Could the undeniable spark between these two reignite in the aftermath of Inferno?

I'm on the fence with these two because I do believe that Bishop deserves a love life but it just seems like this would always be like a second third fiddle romance for Jean because Cyclops and Logan will always be above him

BANNED

Bean! Far superior to Jishop!

I want this ship for the newness. And for the aggro from the Republican readers lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I'm on the fence with these two because I do believe that Bishop deserves a love life but it just seems like this would always be like a second third fiddle romance for Jean because Cyclops and Logan will always be above him
    These characters are written and she could escape the Cyclops-Logan box just fine without them being a shadow over whatever she is doing...

Except we keep getting stuck with nostalgia-hooked editorial & writers who would absolutely freak the f*ck out if she wasn't with Cyke, so you're right. Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Bean! Far superior to Jishop!

I want this ship for the newness. And for the aggro from the Republican readers lmao

These characters are written and she could escape the Cyclops-Logan box just fine without them being a shadow over whatever she is doing...

Except we keep getting stuck with nostalgia-hooked editorial & writers who would absolutely freak the f*ck out if she wasn't with Cyke, so you're right. Lmao
    You couldn't have hit that nail on the head any more square than that! If there was such an easy transition to having Scott with Emma, then I just have a hard time seeing why Jean couldn't fall for a man that easily channels the same type of inner fire and grit that she does, while still very different from her. Folks being uptight about race is the main reason we can't see this again in 616 verse.

From that weird Typhoid Mary crossover event thingee...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

I really want to see a return of these two. The little we got of them in Age of X-Man ended up being about the only parts of it that I liked
    Make Good Art

BANNED

The X-Men being sucked into Taboo World and one of the main taboos being "Jean Grey bangs a black guy" is too meta and salacious to play with for just 3 or 4 panels or whatever it was. I mean, since they made that particular play, it kinda makes it worse not to actually explore it lmao

Jean and Bishop!!

Oop!

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I loved Jean and Bishop working together during the original Gold Team era (early 90s). While I prefer Jean to be single I wouldn't be bothered seeing these two together. The Hope stuff certainly complicates things, but people change. Bishop is in a better place now. I definitely want to see him used more often. I would love it if he was a member of the new X-men Team. He would be a good addition.

Bishop is a great character, and I will forever be salty to what they did to him during his "I must kill Hope era". Good thing characters can be rehabilitated (looking at you, Rogue, Emma, etc. - there is hope for Moira yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oop!

Well, Jean is looking smokin' here!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

"Bean" just cracks me up

Astonishing Member

They can both console each other with the fact that they are the two x-men who have killed more than any other.

Ah, flick that bean.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'