Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Can people give examples of said murders?

When did iceman murder? I remember him freezing a guys hand offs but not murder…

And was Cristian really self defense? I remember that murder being shady.
    Bobby froze & killed 100's of thousands of people during a mid-life gay panic crisis. He got nothing but a slap on the wrist & a dirty look from She-Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    none of these are an answer to the first post' question.
    How ? Even with the (disagreeable) limitations of the thread, X-force roam free on Krakoa, even caring for the children sometimes or being public heros, and they killed people while 1) not being mind-controled 2) not being official soldiers at war 3) not accidentally. Their victims were probably not pedophiles that we know of, and most of them were probably not killers yet. I am not sure what OP mean by "forced to kill under duress", which I find really vague.

Also you didn't respond to mine. If you say that your list are murderers I need proof. I do think you're right for most of them but I'm not sure we've ever heard of a dead Emplate victim (I'm probably wrong, he)

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bobby froze & killed 100's of thousands of people during a mid-life gay panic crisis.
    He was "mind-controlled" by the Death seed so I would probably pass that one but that's me XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    He was "mind-controlled" by the Death seed so I would probably pass that one but that's me XD
    Yeah but I think Sina Grace retconned the Apocalypse Seed into just "amplifying what's already there" or some **** like that can't remember the exact quote point tho not really mind control.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Unfortunately Apocalypse does not currently reside on Krakoa. We could definitely include Magneto and Laura and probably Gabby as well. I'm pretty sure Hope has killed before also.
    I think it was pretty explicitly established by Taylor that Gabby had NOT killed anyone, and most writers remember that.

I'm not sure Laura qualifies per the OP. All of her victims under the Facility were under duress and arguably mind control if you account for the Trigger Scent, and most of those she killed after escaping could qualify as "enemy combatants," whether it was Facility goons trying to recapture her, or various hostile organizations she fought as part of the X-Men and X-Force. Zebra Daddy and his goons would all fall under "murderers," and I'm sure the human traffickers she's put down would also be disqualified.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bobby froze & killed 100's of thousands of people during a mid-life gay panic crisis. He got nothing but a slap on the wrist & a dirty look from She-Hulk.
    Wait? What when was this? Sina? I thought Daken took the death seed in that series, was it Iceman?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Wait? What when was this? Sina? I thought Daken took the death seed in that series, was it Iceman?
    That was Astonishing X-Men, the Liu run, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    All of those look like they happened before they got into Krakoa, I meant after they made Krakoa into their home.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

stop snitching

If I’m being honest the qualifiers for the list rules out the vast majority of all mutants. Even someone like Apocalypse was killing people he considered “enemy combatants” and you could probably argue he was under duress due to the celestial mandate he has to live by. Same could be said about Magneto and everyone but maybe Sinister. Their victims are all “enemy combatants”
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

If I’m being honest the qualifiers for the list rules out the vast majority of all mutants. Even someone like Apocalypse was killing people he considered “enemy combatants” and you could probably argue he was under duress due to the celestial mandate he has to live by. Same could be said about Magneto and everyone but maybe Sinister. Their victims are all “enemy combatants”
    I’d disagree on the virtues that I think there is an objective right and wrong and people of sound mind who are morally wrong are still morally wrong even though they think they’re right. So, in such cases, it doesn’t matter if they think what they’re doing is right. Particularly when you get into evil. Like Hitler, if we want to use the clearest case of agreement. So, I guess what I’m saying is, don’t overthink it. Logan killing Nazi soldiers in World War II is different from Apocalypse killing random people. And when it comes to duress, I would limit it to smaller scale cases that are few and far between.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I’d disagree on the virtues that I think there is an objective right and wrong and people of sound mind who are morally wrong are still morally wrong even though they think they’re right. So, in such cases, it doesn’t matter if they think what they’re doing is right. Particularly when you get into evil. Like Hitler, if we want to use the clearest case of agreement. So, I guess what I’m saying is, don’t overthink it. Logan killing Nazi soldiers in World War II is different from Apocalypse killing random people. And when it comes to duress, I would limit it to smaller scale cases that are few and far between.
    So what's the point of this thread ? Just ask "can we make a list of who I personnally think is evil on Krakoa" and give us your list. You also can google "X-men villains" easily.

You imposing a narrow view of what murder is and then complaining that people don't conform to your narrow view seems quite disingenuous, honestly.

You could argue, yes… Isn’t why courts of justice exist? If you are the murderer, you can always say that your act has good reasons, good motivations… But you don’t judge yourself.

My problem is not that there are murderers who are “allowed to roam free on Krakoa”, but there are few reactions from people who are supposed to have a moral compass… Is it plausible? Is it good storytelling?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    So what's the point of this thread ? Just ask "can we make a list of who I personnally think is evil on Krakoa" and give us your list. You also can google "X-men villains" easily.

You imposing a narrow view of what murder is and then complaining that people don't conform to your narrow view seems quite disingenuous, honestly.
    Murder has always had a narrow definition (as opposed to the more general killing) going back to ancient times. I am honestly quite surprised at the disconnect.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    All of those look like they happened before they got into Krakoa, I meant after they made Krakoa into their home.
    So only murders that happened after Krakoa, because some of those mutants on that list live on Krakoa? These limitations are getting more and more specific. Are you looking for one right answer or something?