Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    You want us to go back to throwing them into volcanoes?
    No, just legalize and normalize prostitution.

I was in a conversation with somebody over this and they said (more or less), "I have no problem with geeks girls, but why is it they want to have sex with someone who likes football instead of someone who shares their hobby?" In other words they wont have sex with me so their a problem.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I was in a conversation with somebody over this and they said (more or less), "I have no problem with geeks girls, but why is it they want to have sex with someone who likes football instead of someone who shares their hobby?" In other words they wont have sex with me so their a problem.
    Hmm... while there are couples that get together because they have the same interests, there's also the old saw horse of opposites attract. The world is full of married folk where say the husband is into tech stuff and the wife is into gardening. Plus, these very boards are full of fans who say stuff like, "My partner isn't into comics but he/she took me to the new superhero movie cuz they thought I'd like it and..."

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleWithTrebles View Post
    When sexism happens in sports it gets on ESPN, when in the workforce it gets on Oprah and 60Minutes, in politics it gets on CNN, and in comics it becomes a crappy derivative overrated clip on buzzfeed. Designed to get clicks onto the ads, eyeballs on the ads, no different to standard TV.
    So really the comic book world has to become the second NBA for it get attention?

I don't behave like that ... but I definitely HAVE witnessed this in the distant past. Some dudes DO think that if a girl shares his obsessive interest, then she HAS to be into him. At least, that what I think they think, otherwise I cannot explain their behavior.

There definitely ARE geek guys who perpetuate the stereotype. That clip is NOT pulling stuff out of thin air.

Man, I am so glad that my current LCS is run by a very nice mom-and-pop couple, and I see about half the customers are female when I go in.

The annoying nagging person or the one who doesn't want to get hit on?
    I'm neither
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    No, just legalize and normalize prostitution.

I Understand that, I would never date someone into comics and I like them myself( although I'm a bigger Ghost rider fan than comic book fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    I would never date someone into comics
    Why is that?

All-New Member Kitty Cartwright's Avatar

As a female comics fan, I've been in many, many comic shops around the US. Anytime I travel, I make it a point to find a local comic shop. That said... I have NEVER been treated like the video implies. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never experienced it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Why is that?
    Not trying to speak for him but I don't need arguments over continuity and who was the best Green Lantern on top of everything else.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Not trying to speak for him but I don't need arguments over continuity and who was the best Green Lantern on top of everything else.
    With this guy said, plus no offense all the females that I know read comics are not my type physically .

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    I would never date someone into comics
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Cartwright View Post
    As a female comics fan, I've been in many, many comic shops around the US. Anytime I travel, I make it a point to find a local comic shop. That said... I have NEVER been treated like the video implies. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never experienced it.
    I've never seen it firsthand either. I'm wondering if all these bad experiences geekgirls are having are from those living in less populated towns. In more metropolitan areas I find the ratio of male/female clientele is about 50/50, it is here anyways.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

All-New Member Kitty Cartwright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I've never seen it firsthand either. I'm wondering if all these bad experiences geekgirls are having are from those living in less populated towns. In more metropolitan areas I find the ratio of male/female clientele is about 50/50, it is here anyways.
    I don't know, Groo... I've been in small town comic shops, too. Honestly, I've had far worse encounters in the grocery store!

BANNED

I think you're far more likely to find male customers (and shop employees) uncomfortable around women because some do fit the stereotype of being physically unattractive and socially awkward. Less often hostile as just not sure how to act. I've seen it countless times (I have a few names rolling around in my head from my local shop), but I just feel sorry for them. If they did turn around and act like this video sympathy would obviously be out the window. I think the awkwardness and hostility come from the same place though, insecurity and low self-esteem.

BANNED

They should do a basic body language check before hitting on a women.