Spectacular Member

Default Batman Fugitive/Murderer trades question.

For anyone that owns these trades, I’m looking at a grainy picture on evilBay for a set of 4. Is this the complete story with all the ancillary crossover titles??? I’m looking to take the plunge but I wanted to be sure everything was included so I’m not screwing around picking up this or that issue extracurricularly…it’s been many moons since I owned these books but I want to recollect some events, as well as complete Brubaker’s body of work..thanks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    For anyone that owns these trades, I’m looking at a grainy picture on evilBay for a set of 4. Is this the complete story with all the ancillary crossover titles??? I’m looking to take the plunge but I wanted to be sure everything was included so I’m not screwing around picking up this or that issue extracurricularly…it’s been many moons since I owned these books but I want to recollect some events, as well as complete Brubaker’s body of work..thanks.
    If it's a set of four, that's the oldest printing. They did a revamped printing, which I believe added a few things in, that is three volumes (one got Murderer, two for Fugitive)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    If it's a set of four, that's the oldest printing. They did a revamped printing, which I believe added a few things in, that is three volumes (one got Murderer, two for Fugitive)
    Ok, but I read that this later printing omitted things, and the seller is a book dealer, not a comic person, so I struck out asking questions, Amazon didn’t list the issues included, so I came here. Thanks for the reply.

Mighty Member

Ok, but I read that this later printing omitted things, and the seller is a book dealer, not a comic person, so I struck out asking questions, Amazon didn’t list the issues included, so I came here. Thanks for the reply.
    I forget which volume, but one of the newer volumes got reprinted because of omissions. I have the 3 volume version and everything is there as far as I could tell when I bought it

Spectacular Member

I forget which volume, but one of the newer volumes got reprinted because of omissions. I have the 3 volume version and everything is there as far as I could tell when I bought it
    Sorry to pester, but what year was the later reprint if you know, so I know what to look for..

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I *want* to say the older 4 book set is incomplete. I sold mine years ago when the new edition of "Murderer?" was first solicited. I think there were some issues that weren't reprinted in their entirety, i.e. only the relevant pages to the main storyline.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ugh. Yeah, stuff like this was pretty par for the course from DC for years...

Now I want to go dig out my copies!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh. Yeah, stuff like this was pretty par for the course from DC for years...

Now I want to go dig out my copies!
    Greeeeaaat. I will probably just buy the issues then, wanted to avoid adding to my list…oh well, thanks guys…

Mighty Member

Greeeeaaat. I will probably just buy the issues then, wanted to avoid adding to my list…oh well, thanks guys…
    They're out of print so you'll be taking a bit of a risk since it's all after market, but I don't think there will be too many bad copies floating about. DC called that reprint in pretty quickly. Good luck either way

Spectacular Member

I have the old trades for Murderer, and Fugitive, Batman Gotham Knights: Contested and the Ed Brubaker collections from a couple of years ago. I'm only missing a couple of issues from the whole storyline (Gotham Knights 29-30), but the above TPB's were all easy to get. So I got practically the whole storyline for a lot less than than the price I would have had to pay for Murderer TPB1 on EBay. However, that does require swapping from volume to volume frequently, which might be a turn off for you. I had to look up the recommended reading order and put lots of post-its in my books so that I could keep track.
    Last edited by MagpieMad; 03-28-2022 at 06:10 AM.