Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I never said it was.
    I said that Chris should be held responsible for what he said and apologise to Jada.
    If comedians had to apologize to every overly sensitive person that didn't like their jokes we wouldn't have comedians anymore.

You have a person that looses her hair from a medical condition.
    Her medical condition is "she's going bald."

Don't make it out to be some huge thing. It's no different from how a person who wears glasses has a medical condition or how graying hair is a medical condition.
    Last edited by Alan2099; 03-30-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Not sure what any of this has to do with the fact that a man just committed a violent crime on live TV.

If you respond to words with violence, you are the problem.
    Lets not overstate the facts. Will Smith didn't pull a gun, then pistol whip and rob Chris Rock at gun point. At worst it was a simple misdemeanor.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If folks believe Chris Rock was terrible , if this Norm MacDonald he would have literally not stopped. The moment he took that slap he would have keyed in on Smith.

We would have seen Denzel and Morgan Freeman comically holding Smith back from Norm. Who would joke later , having a guy trying to kill me at Oscars would have been great !
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Lets not overstate the facts. Will Smith didn't pull a gun, then pistol whip and rob Chris Rock at gun point. At worst it was a simple misdemeanor.
    I didn't say felony, I said "violent crime," which is what it was.

If he'd closed his fist before hitting Rock, he'd be in jail right now whether Rock wanted to press charges or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    1. Why does it even matter?

2. Yes, these double standards are fun to figure out.

3. Comedians roast public figures for a living. That's kind of the point. You put yourself out in the public, the entire world sees you. But what you're saying, its ok to insult anybody else? (as long as its not a celebrity and not a woman?)
    1. It matters because it means Will Smith was a different person 31 years ago. Most people change dramatically from their 20s to their 50s.

2. Yeah, they are. And complaining about it doesn't make them go away.

3. I wasn't saying it's OK to insult non-celebrities. I was pointing out that the comparison that posting that clip implies is a faulty one.
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    If comedians had to apologize to every overly sensitive person that didn't like their jokes we wouldn't have comedians anymore.

Her medical condition is "she's going bald."

Don't make it out to be some huge thing. It's no different from how a person who wears glasses has a medical condition or how graying hair is a medical condition.
    That doesn't mean the humour that was displayed was good or any less rude and unsensitive.
    I strongly believe Rock should apologize.
    Last edited by Minerboh; 03-30-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

That doesn't mean the humour that was displayed was good or any less rude and unsensitive.
    He has nothing to apologize for. He did nothing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Totally agree. Especially considering the slap. Chris Rock already gave his "pound of flesh" to balance the scales of justice and then some. And Rock didn't even fight back though he thought about it obviously.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    You see this way, I see it otherwise.

Tell everyone you know that it's okay to slap you if you say anything they feel is rude or insensitive then come back and tell me how sore your face is after a few days.

BANNED

Tell everyone you know that it's okay to slap you if you say anything they feel is rude or insensitive then come back and tell me how sore your face is after a few days.
    Again with the slap.
    I will say again as I did in previous posts (check them out if you like), Will was 100% wrong to resort to violence. However... I also believe that Chris Rock was also wrong.
    Where exactly did you saw a post of mine stating that I support Will Smith for what he's done?
    Last edited by Minerboh; 03-30-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If folks believe Chris Rock was terrible , if this Norm MacDonald he would have literally not stopped. The moment he took that slap he would have keyed in on Smith.

We would have seen Denzel and Morgan Freeman comically holding Smith back from Norm. Who would joke later , having a guy trying to kill me at Oscars would have been great !
    You could see it on Rock's face he was about to do just that then talked himself down. When Rock shook his head and said "oh I could.....ok" he was holding his tounge so hard. If Rock would have went off he would have had both Will and Jada running out of theater in tears.

I love this post.

Huge will smith fan. He is in the wrong 100%, Chris rock shouldn’t apologize for ****. Jada has had her head buzzed a lot of her career, she just went a little further and shaved it.

Anyway Chris rock is the size of a crack head. I mean his most famous acting role was a crack head. If that Was Jason Mamoa/Ben Afflek/Idris Elba or some other big ass dude up there he wouldn’t have walked up there. Also the fact Will Smith slapped him and then turned his back to Chris says it all. He went up there a slapped a dude he knew wouldn’t do anything back. 1 because hes a fun guy, not a tough guy. 2 because your on live tv at the Oscar’s. Iono just makes Will look real Weak to me in that moment. The joke wasn’t that mean. That slap isn’t because the joke, it’s because of whatever personal drama him and his wife have behind closed doors. She’s been out there embarrassing him for a couple years now saying crap a wife shouldn’t say publicly. A bald joke is nothing compared to the ones Chris probaly had rollinging around in his head. Entanglement/August whatever his name is/Tupac/Bad sex jokes . Gervais and some other comedians would have went much harder. Also lucky Rock from the hood and pressing charges would be a bad look for him. Cause like Jim Carey said if it had been him he woulda pressed charges and then sued for 200m.

We actually saw him laughing.
    I don’t even think Rock and Smith will ever mention this incident to each other again.