Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Chris Rock should have received an award for keeping cool, calm & composed. Great respect to Chris.The way he handled the situation is unbelievable. I mean being slapped on live TV while being watched by millions of people and at the same time maintaining his cool is insane. He deserves respect for that for he did not let his emotions or feelings get in the way . I don't know what other hosts would have done in such a situation.

Extraordinary Member

Oscars 2022 REVIEW / REACTION - Will Smith, Chris Rock, CODA Best Picture, We Don't Talk About Bruno

Talk starts around 12:07.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's born out having to constantly having to live around people who have nothing to lose or don't care about the consequences their actions have. I'm not the type to tell people what they need to be do to survive.
    Except it's not what is needed to survive, we aren't animals in the wild that have to mark our territory or be eaten...we're human beings. It's a choice to act this way and not a smart one.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'd hardly call that being bullied in the worst unsensible way possible is was a off the cuff joke in poor taste get over it go dry you're tears in you're millions of dollars if that doesn't work I can tell them what real bullieing is like in the real world.
    I disagree completely with this assesment.
    It was 100% body shaming and Rock should apologize as well. You are making a joke to a person with a medical condition and you aretelling me It is not unsensible?
    No... Just, no.

What was that meme?

On a serious note, i kind of respect both of them. If this was a haircut, it wouldn't be an issue. But it was a disease... Wasn't Chris Rock aware? (This makes me think that there's a small chance that this could be staged. If it was, it seems to have worked).

Anyway back to the issue, while i think Smith's behavior was unprofessional, making fun of something like this is very tasteless. If someone loses his cool for a moment or two i wouldn't blame him. I have lost my cool in lesser matters. They say 'to err is human'.

Chris Rock however reacted in a professional manner, deserving credit. Keeping cool here was the right thing to do. I feel more disturbed by the 'shut your **** mouth'. This confirmed Will's anger.

Both should apologize to each other and kiss. No one is free from fault. If not... should i care? There are bigger things to put in my mind then celebrities' problems. There are bigger issues.

Like where's that stinkin' Superman movie script? I used to think Superman, Batman and Spider-man were the three biggies. Batman and Spider-man have proved that again and again. Where is Superman?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    Like where's that stinkin' Superman movie script? I used to think Superman, Batman and Spider-man were the three biggies. Batman and Spider-man have proved that again and again. Where is Superman?
    Since he has a weekly live action show, it wouldn't surprise me not to see him again at the movies for quite awhile.

Ultimate Member

Some folks are saying that Chris Rock should apologize. Why? He’s a roast comedian and he’s said stuff like this consistently. Sorry to say this but if celebrities don’t want to get roasted they might want to avoid awards ceremonies that feature comedians. It is what it is.

I don’t mean any offense to anyone but this Information age is making people soft. Will Smith didn’t act tough, he acted soft.

About 11 years ago, Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes made fun of Robert Downey Jrs filmography and his struggles with drug addiction and his stints at rehab. RDJ was clearly annoyed but instead of acting like a baby and “hitting”:Gervais he simply said he didn’t find those jokes funny. He responded to words with words. Yes, Will Smith and Jada had the right to be offended but Will should have handled the situation like an adult and spoke to Rock in private. My understanding is that Chris Rock didn’t even know Jada had Alopecia (and people need to calm down a little with the Alopecia thing, it’s not some life threatening condition, I’m losing my hair as we speak and I’m not even near 50) and he made a joke about her hair cut, that’s nothing to apologize for.

People throw around her medical condition and her disease like it's just major health factor. She's balding. That's all it is. Alopecia is just a fancy way to say hair loss.

I see no reason to tip-toe around it or treat it like it's some huge issue.

Extraordinary Member

Will slapped the taste out that boy's mouth. Whas wrong with him? Overreactin a lil lol.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    If not for this, I might not have noticed the Oscars happened. There is still the pandemic and now a devastating, horrible war, but people still care so much about boring movies. Jesus Crist, the priorities of some people.

So it's ok to physically attack someone? If this was a white man slapping Chris Rock, the internet would have exploded by now.
    Thank goodness different races weren't involved. This story would have escalated into horrible proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Chris Rock should have received an award for keeping cool, calm & composed. Great respect to Chris.The way he handled the situation is unbelievable. I mean being slapped on live TV while being watched by millions of people and at the same time maintaining his cool is insane. He deserves respect for that for he did not let his emotions or feelings get in the way . I don't know what other hosts would have done in such a situation.
    Completely agreed. The extreme majority of Hollywood Elite thinks the world revolves around them. Most would have caused more drama or walked out of the show. Chris Rock's Professionalism should be commended. He didn't fight back or hurl insults back at Will (There are children that watch this.). Chris kept his composure and knew the show must go on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    People throw around her medical condition and her disease like it's just major health factor. She's balding. That's all it is. Alopecia is just a fancy way to say hair loss.

Exactly, people are talking about her like she hair due to cancer or something. Funny thing is that in that same night Regina Hall made fun of LeBron James’ hairline. Doesn’t he have the common androgenetic alopecia?

Ultimate Member

Exactly.

Its not easy to deal with her loss but its not something that should be blown out of proportion.

What I find really interesting is how Chris Rock jokes about baldness, he gets a slap in the mouth. Meanwhile Jimmy Carr makes a pretty grim Holocaust joke (essentially saying killing the Romani/Travellers/Gypsys was a good thing) and the worst he got was a "Oooh" from the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I disagree completely with this assesment.
    It was 100% body shaming and Rock should apologize as well. You are making a joke to a person with a medical condition and you aretelling me It is not unsensible?
    No... Just, no.
    He wasn't aware.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I been saying this from the start. Hair loss is not a serious issue. It's fair game